Replies

• szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    For Team Turquoise:

Monday: Push ups= 50 Crunches= 87 Squats= 50
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm sorry I went quiet last week...I got thrown off balance by some stuff in my life and withdrew for a bit, which is my normal way of dealing with upset.

I'm excited about this new challenge.... I'm going to have to keep track at Jazzercise of how many squats I do during our routines!! But sometimes we do them and stay low and pulse them...doing that wouldn't count as a squat I suppose. Sigh. Well, I'll keep track the best I can! And we always work the abs too, so I can count those crunches also!! :) Plus I can do more of everything at home!!

I have a goal of being able to do a pushup again.... Once upon a time I went through Army Basic Training and those were a challenge back then for me as well. I am assuming female pushups will be okay??? Someone probably already asked but I haven't read thru the posts yet.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I am assuming female pushups will be okay???

Of course!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeeeeeet, excited for this challenge this week, I will be sure to do as much as possible! Do we have to do all three exercises at a time in order for them to count, or could I say do all squats one day, all push-ups the next, etc??

Also... Team Seafoam?? And I'm not on it? Ouch, that hurts Alex! ;)

Good thing Turquoise is my #2.

Here we go!!!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    TEAM LAVENDER!!!!

100 squats
    200 crunches
    40 man push-ups, and another 20 girly kind :) = 60 push-ups
  • mandeiko
    Options
    double post
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! As you may have heard I am not participating in the challenge this week because I'm loaded with schoolwork but I thought I'd take a minute to wish you guys luck! You're all amazing and an inspiration! Keep up the good work :)

Cya Sunday!!!

Love,
    Maxie
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Team Lavender! :

200 crunches, 100 (girlie) pushups, and 100 squats. :)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Ah! Maxie I forgot that you weren't. I'll figure out the groups ladies, don't worry. I've got so much on my plate right now (for example, my car needs all new tires and NO ONE in town has the ones I need...). Also, with this new "group" option.. has anyone checked this out? should we do a group for us?
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Ah! Maxie I forgot that you weren't. I'll figure out the groups ladies, don't worry. I've got so much on my plate right now (for example, my car needs all new tires and NO ONE in town has the ones I need...). Also, with this new "group" option.. has anyone checked this out? should we do a group for us?

That would be fun!!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Group would work. Do they close out after 200 posts lie the forum does?

Group seafoam- 40 push ups, 40 squats.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Group could work. I honestly don't know anything about groups - was a little confused when I logged on today and my signature was gone, to be honest...

In any case, I feel like I let you down today Team Seafoam, but I promise I'll make up for it tomorrow!

100 squats
    30 pushups
    50 crunches
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Good job ladies! I did not get ANYTHING in today.. I spent honestly half my day trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to get new tires for my car (LOOONNGGG story..) and then as soon as I got home I had the most horrific migraine. I promise I will make up for it tomorrow! :)
  • mandeiko
    Options
    TEAM LAVENDER!!!!

100 squats
    200 crunches
    40 man push-ups, and another 20 girly kind :) = 60 push-ups

Okay, okay, I had planned to do all this, but it really turned out to be the following:

100 squats
    40 pushups
    100 crunches

I'll pick up my A-game tomorrow, I'm just so exhausted. :yawn:
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    For Team Turquoise:

Monday: Push ups= 50 Crunches= 87 Squats= 50
    Tuesday: Push ups= 20 Crunches= 27 Squats= 43
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't get on my laptop last night so I'm posting now for yesterday.

Team Turquoise

100 crunches
    72 squats
    0 pushups. :(
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    I don't know where else to write this, and I'm not one for blogging.... Besides, I'm not sure I want to put this out there to everyone in general.

Last week really confused me. I had a bad week. I fell into a depression, went and bought myself a small pizza with extra cheese and other unhealthy things on it and ate all but one piece on Wednesday night, plus I had a 20 oz bottle of Sprite that night. I ate some Halloween candy a couple of different evenings tho I didn't go overboard in that respect. I exercised only 3 days instead of 6 like I had been doing.... And yet when I weighed in yesterday, I had lost 3.2 pounds! Granted, I did drink a lot of water after Wednesday, trying to flush my system and battle the salt - man, cheese has lots of sodium in it!! Anyway, I have no explanation for my loss. I had a decent loss the previous week...2.4 pounds, but prior to that I'd been losing pretty slowly, and some weeks gaining back what I had lost the week before, although I was exercising and staying in my calorie range. The overall trend had been going down, but it was a 3 steps forward, 2 steps back process. Suddenly, I feel like I've taken several giant steps forward and I don't know why!!

The only things I did differently last week other than what I mentioned above, is I did have a few protein shakes during the week, and drank some green tea a few times. By few I mean 3, throughout the entire week. There is a "nutrition club" close to my home and I stopped in there...that's where I got the shakes and the tea because the shakes are a nice healthy and guilt-free treat.

Does anyone have any explanation for this? Maybe it's just one of those mysterious things? I mean, I'm glad for losing the weight, but I'd like to know why it's going so well now...so I can keep doing whatever it is that worked. Or maybe it was just because of the change in eating and exercising...? Maybe I was working out too much and not eating enough??? I dunno...thought I'd ask you guys and see what you think.

Thanks!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    I don't know where else to write this, and I'm not one for blogging.... Besides, I'm not sure I want to put this out there to everyone in general.

Last week really confused me. I had a bad week. I fell into a depression, went and bought myself a small pizza with extra cheese and other unhealthy things on it and ate all but one piece on Wednesday night, plus I had a 20 oz bottle of Sprite that night. I ate some Halloween candy a couple of different evenings tho I didn't go overboard in that respect. I exercised only 3 days instead of 6 like I had been doing.... And yet when I weighed in yesterday, I had lost 3.2 pounds! Granted, I did drink a lot of water after Wednesday, trying to flush my system and battle the salt - man, cheese has lots of sodium in it!! Anyway, I have no explanation for my loss. I had a decent loss the previous week...2.4 pounds, but prior to that I'd been losing pretty slowly, and some weeks gaining back what I had lost the week before, although I was exercising and staying in my calorie range. The overall trend had been going down, but it was a 3 steps forward, 2 steps back process. Suddenly, I feel like I've taken several giant steps forward and I don't know why!!

The only things I did differently last week other than what I mentioned above, is I did have a few protein shakes during the week, and drank some green tea a few times. By few I mean 3, throughout the entire week. There is a "nutrition club" close to my home and I stopped in there...that's where I got the shakes and the tea because the shakes are a nice healthy and guilt-free treat.

Does anyone have any explanation for this? Maybe it's just one of those mysterious things? I mean, I'm glad for losing the weight, but I'd like to know why it's going so well now...so I can keep doing whatever it is that worked. Or maybe it was just because of the change in eating and exercising...? Maybe I was working out too much and not eating enough??? I dunno...thought I'd ask you guys and see what you think.

Thanks!!

Not sure why you lost that much, but that is super exciting!! Sometimes your body just needs a shock so it's good to confuse it by eating more/different foods. Congrats to you! I'm unfortunately stuck at like 155, so hopefully I can push through that.

Anndd.... I started a group! I invited you all, please check it out and give me feedback!!
  • jenkamac
    jenkamac Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Team Tourqoise! (is that how you spell that?.. oh well)

I didn't log in yesterday but I did it :

40 push ups
    70 squats
    55 crunches

Today, I'm not feeling well so I may get some in tonight...but we'll see.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Push-ups: 40
    Squats: 100
    Crunches: 200