Sexy in Six ***closed group*** Week Six!

Options

Replies

• Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD: Mini-goals.

I do set mini goals for my self! My reward is feeling AMAZING and so proud! I don't have any money to reward myself properly, lol. When I reach my ultimate goal, I'm going to chop off ALL my hair. I've always wanted to but use the "I have a fat face" cop out.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTD:

Do you set mini-goals, with rewards? What are they, why did you pick those goals (and the fun part, the rewards!!!)

When I first started losing weight I did - mainly clothes, since that's what was needed. The end reward when I reached goal was a set of Harley Davidson leathers (jacket, vest, chaps). Well, let's just say this was my ex-husbands idea. Needless to say it wasn't what I would have picked. So, now I'm trying to sell the damn things.

Now my only reward is when I look in the mirror and like what I see - especially at the gym. I used to avoid looking at myself when lifting weights - now it doesn't bother me at all. I have to say my biggest reward is comments from DD14. She's been going to the gym with me. Last night she said Mom, I would have never thought I'd be going to the gym with you - look at you now.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    There is a new tab for groups under community! Peanut, make us a group? :)

Already on it! We'll stay on this thread for the remainder of the week and start fresh next week (round 3!!!) on our official group page!
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Do you set mini-goals, with rewards? What are they, why did you pick those goals (and the fun part, the rewards!!!)

I haven't, but I should!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTD:

No I'm not sure why its a great idea, off to think of some cool rewards.
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTD:

I don't really set them. I tried when I first started, but I haven't been motivated by it for some reason. I think alot of it is that I don't really have anything that I REALLY want so its not really as much of a motivational tool as it could be. I'm not really into clothes or manicures or material things. I just want to look good in clothes, so that's what my reward.
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTD

I havent, but i will
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I haven't either ,but today I found myself wondering about this very thing. I've been losing weight very, very slowly but it had been a downwards trend (yes, yellow team!!!). Part of me wants to turn slender in a week or two - but I've resigned myself to the fact that this is a long distant run.

Still , right now I am three pounds off having lost 2 stone - now that is really something so that is my mini goal. Reward? Maybe a visit to the spa.....maybe......
  • kjgarcia
    kjgarcia Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I haven't set mini goals/rewards for myself....maybe I should though, hmmmmmm
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I haven't set minigoals with specifc rewards yet, but what I have been doing is rewarding myself with new(to me) clothes at thrift shops when I get a chance. But I think I am going to start. I was thrilled to finally enter Onederland, but I didn't do anything to celebrate it! (I think likely because I wouldn't let myself believe that it would last :ohwell: ) I am going to come up with a nice reward when I hit 189! And then 179,169, 159....then I have to see where I'm finally going to land lol
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options

TUESDAY QOTD:

I don't really have any mini-goals. I have an overall goal so that when I reach my goal weight hubbs is taking me for a week at The Atlantis Resort.

Otherwise I will get some new clothes along the way when I get to around 180-170 and that's about it.
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll fess up....I've tried taking a laxative to boost my weight loss and all it did was leave me on the toilet with horrible cramps for like 3 days straight. Blerg. I will only use them now if they are...ahem....needed. The cramps just ain't worth it! I've tried the Slimfast thing after my daughter was born, but I couldn't even get through half a shake! (I've tried their bar things too, and they also suck lol)

But I think my first real plateau was a month-ish ago when I had like 3 weeks without much weight change. I don't know what I did to get moving though. I just eat the same, move the same, and eventually it gets going again. I think here recently, calorie zig-zagging has helped my metabolism.

<
    ignorant. What is calorie zigzagging?

Zig Zag is where you change up the calories you eat. For example if you eat 1200 calories a day everyday now that would equal a total of 8400 calories for the week. If you did the zig zag you would eat like 1700 calories one day, 1000 the next, 1400 the next....and so one. At the end of the week you are still eating a total of 8400 calories but you are shocking your system but eating tons of calories one day and less the next. <---if that makes sense

Good explanation of zig-zagging! it's just to keep your metabolism guessing. I don't think it has to be that drastic (between 1700-1000), and i still wouldn't go under 1200 on any given day :) but for sure, you could do like 1200 one day and 1500 the next or whatever. I usually think about it in terms of my net calories for the day, like yesterday i was 326 over, so today i went 326 under!!!

Oh no I agree ...I wouldn't go less than 1200 either. When I did it I normally bounced between 1200 -1600 over all with 1600 being the highest I would take in. Normally it was like 1350, 1550, 1350, 1400, 1200, 1550 <---I like the extra at the end like a cheat day :) But yes never go under 1200 a day....you body needs at least that amount.
  • missinmybiscuits
    missinmybiscuits Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTD:

I'm rewarding myself when I get to 165 with new running shoes! I've been waiting to buy them because they're so expensive, but I've got them picked out and damn are they cute - and pink, of course! :)

When I get to 150, I'll have to buy all new clothes because I haven't weighed that little since before high school... but I guess we'll see what my rewards will be when I get there!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I do set mini goals. I treat myself to something (non food related). At the end of it all, I've set a dollar amount and going on a huge shopping spree!!!!!
  • TanyaPearce
    Options
    I haven't set mini goals....let me think about this.

180 (-11#)......new pair of heels
    170 (-21)........massage
    160 (-31)........new outfit
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Monday QOTD:
    What is the craziest thing you've ever done to break a loss plateau?

Haven't had to try anything crazy for a plateau, but I have done some pretty insane stuff in the past to lose weight.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

I don't remember my early mini-goals, but I remember the rewards ;). My first one was a pedicure and the second was a haircut. There was another one in there, but I dont remember it. My upcoming big reward is at 151. That will be my halfway mark :D, and I'm going for an aqua massage.
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    MONDAY QOTD: CRAZIEST THING TO BREAK A PLATEAU

during the summer before my senior year of high school, i was determined to lose weight. my choice: taebo twice a day (the 8 minute workout vid). what made this crazy was that i still ate what i wanted, but if i skipped a session one day, i made it up the next day. let's just say one day i ended up doing this vid 6 times back to back to back to back, etc..... it was crazy/stupid cuz i was on the verge of blacking out/passing out/whatever, and swore never to do that much in one session ever again.

TUESDAY QOTD: MINI GOALS

140: true blood season 4 dvds (if they're out to buy by then)
    130: no idea
    120: no idea, but something! ultimate GW here! :)
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll fess up....I've tried taking a laxative to boost my weight loss and all it did was leave me on the toilet with horrible cramps for like 3 days straight. Blerg. I will only use them now if they are...ahem....needed. The cramps just ain't worth it! I've tried the Slimfast thing after my daughter was born, but I couldn't even get through half a shake! (I've tried their bar things too, and they also suck lol)

But I think my first real plateau was a month-ish ago when I had like 3 weeks without much weight change. I don't know what I did to get moving though. I just eat the same, move the same, and eventually it gets going again. I think here recently, calorie zig-zagging has helped my metabolism.

<
    ignorant. What is calorie zigzagging?

Zig Zag is where you change up the calories you eat. For example if you eat 1200 calories a day everyday now that would equal a total of 8400 calories for the week. If you did the zig zag you would eat like 1700 calories one day, 1000 the next, 1400 the next....and so one. At the end of the week you are still eating a total of 8400 calories but you are shocking your system but eating tons of calories one day and less the next. <---if that makes sense

Good explanation of zig-zagging! it's just to keep your metabolism guessing. I don't think it has to be that drastic (between 1700-1000), and i still wouldn't go under 1200 on any given day :) but for sure, you could do like 1200 one day and 1500 the next or whatever. I usually think about it in terms of my net calories for the day, like yesterday i was 326 over, so today i went 326 under!!!

Oh no I agree ...I wouldn't go less than 1200 either. When I did it I normally bounced between 1200 -1600 over all with 1600 being the highest I would take in. Normally it was like 1350, 1550, 1350, 1400, 1200, 1550 <---I like the extra at the end like a cheat day :) But yes never go under 1200 a day....you body needs at least that amount.

Glad we are on the same page! i don't know how anyone would take in less than 1200 a day, that's like nothing!! thanks for sharing this
    > 1350, 1550, 1350, 1400, 1200, 1550

I spent a day at Atlantis when i was on a cruise and it was fantastic!!! the beach their was beautiful :)
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY QOTD:

My first mini goal was reaching 150. I don't have a reward in mind yet, but I chose it because it was the weight I was when I quit smoking. I wanted to be at 150 on my two year anniversary of quitting (Oct. 30th), but I didn't make it. I'm still trying though.