WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that our seats for the concert are near the front. I told my husband that if Paul Simon tosses me his hotel key, I don't care if he is 70 years old, I am going! :laugh:

Mary - This post made my day. Thanks for getting it off to a good start. I hope you have a wonderful time at the concert. Jeannie
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies

I had a wonderful time with baby bumpity baby. She looks so good. the weight she has gained is all baby. she looks unpregger from the back and she hasn't gained anything in her face either. She just glows. We tied up all the loose ends on the nursery after the shower so she is all set to go. The white wicker bassinette that she is using (used by her great grandmother, grandmother and me (with her in it along with sooo many other family members) was decorated with giraffe fabric she picked out and her grandmother made a little yarn main and a giraffe tail for the basinette. It was soooo cute. I will try to get the pic posted.
  • grabbit97
    Options
    Haven't been here in awhile.... I am maintaining within 2 lbs, trying to get those 2 off that I gained, my fault, ate more popcorn and noodles than I should have, increased my water again, so hopefully it's going to help get those 2 pounds off.

My knee replacement continues to improve, it's been over 3 months now, but I still am going to PT and have a long way to go.

Natalie
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Everyone :flowerforyou:

I haven't posted in a while. I guess my life is pretty boring compared to everyone else. :yawn: I've been keeping on track with my daily work outs and keeping my calorie count in check. I've been struggling with this plateau for what seems like FOREVER. I changed my work outs up a bit and hopefully this will some how kick my metabolism back into gear. I sure would like to hit my Christmas Challenge goal but I'm starting to think this might not happen. Darn thyroid . . . I hate you! :grumble: :grumble:

Well I woke up to our first snow storm of the season. UGH . . . . why do I live in Wisconsin. :noway: :noway:

I really enjoy reading all of your posts. It sounds like everyone is having a wonderful week.

Janet AKA belawares

MY SIGNATURE . . . .

YES . . . . this will be on everyone of my posts!!!

NOVEMBER CHALLENGE - Fight with Five for Thanksgiving (lose 5 pounds in November to fight the gain that might happen Thanksgiving week.)

Official SW - 1st day back in the gym! (12/02/10) - 380 lbs
    SW - 1st day on MFP (09/17/11 - 317 lbs
    1st Goal - Christmas Challenge 2011 - 290 lbs

GW - 150 lbs
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hello...
    Just finished reading the posts.....Mary..the Paul Simon post made me laugh. What an image and I can totally understand!

I had a good weigh in at my Weight Loss Challenge last night (down 2) and this morning for MFP (down 3)! Such a battle. I did start the 17 Day Diet program a few days ago. I find that clean eating really gives me clarity. I've had a headache for the past two days and I think it could be from breaking the sugar addiction. Even though I didn't have "sugary" foods or drinks before, I think the hidden sugars in the processed foods I had may be the cause of this problem. I do know that this will pass and I will feel so much better.

I'll be back,
    Sally
  • topaz2986
    topaz2986 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Evening Everyone!

Just a quick post....I've been working late the past few nights....other than some stationary bike riding...my exercising has been minimal. AAARRGGRGGhhh. :angry: :explode: :mad: :sad:
    I'm telling myself there's still alot left to November....and I have to kick it up a notch if I'm ever going to reach any of my goals!

Chat with you later...
    Rita
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    bassinet2.jpg
    bassinet1.jpg
    you can sort of see the tail and the main. I love it.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say enjoy the posts.Had a wonderful day visiting my god daughter who is 18 months and her twin brother and my 3 year old granddaughter.If I could bottle the energy they had.WOW!had such a nice day.Needed a break from drs and Pt.
    Natalie-I hear you about the therapy.It`s been 2 months since my back injury and don`1t know when the therapy will end.
    Have a good night all!
    HUGS
    jane
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    bikrbabe - We''ll be seeing TSO in Greenville and also in Greensboro. I haven't been able to convince dh that we should see them in Raleigh, tho. Not that I wouldn't love seeing them three times.

Oh, wait, that other posting for November is November of 2010, not 2011.

Made these butterscotch spice chip cookies to take to Jessica's, tonight (Tues) I made a coca cola cake that I'll freeze (the corn muffins are frozen and the cookies). Thursday I'll start making some of the cookies for Christmas and just freeze those. Still need to make the brownies for Jessica and the triple chocolate cheesecake (since I have cream cheese that I want to use up), but can't make those until the last minute. Still trying to think about how I can peel the potatoes here and take them up there.

you know, I like those veggie burgers (morningstar, Boca Burgers), the only thing is that they are so high in sodium! Wish I could find (or make) a reasonable substitute.

qofsheba - I say go for buying new clothes, just don't buy a whole lot right now. But even just a piece or two will help keep you motivated, and that's certainly worth it!

Welcome back Natalie! You were missed!

Mary - I, too, found the Paul Simon post a hoot. Thanks for the day brightener!

Did an hour of a downloadable workout on the spinning bike today. Tomorrow, I'll do a DVD using weights. Had our Newcomer general meeting, then had the senior bowl, came home, had something to eat, then back for the Newcomer bowl.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: just a quick hello. Hubby left this morning for his turkey hunting trip and I'm enjoying some time by myself and missing him a lot.:sad: :sad:

:heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie from NW Washington

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif

November goal----walk for an hour with the dogs every morning even in the dark and cold

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Dear Ladies,

I hope all of you are doing well. I realize there are quite a few "old" friends we haven't heard from in a while and I hope they are doing ok. Life gets busy and it's easy to get side tracked isn't it?

Michele: I tend to make the Boca Burgers when I have had a busy day and get in late with no "plan" for dinner. And I did that earlier this week. It took me 3 days to get all of the sodium out of my system. I have made some good ones from scratch using black beans, some corn, egg whites, a bit of spicy chinese sauce and grated whole wheat old crusty bread. They didn't want to stay in "burgers" until I put them in the pan and cooked them slowly in a bit of olive oil Pam sprayed in the pan. They were yummy served with some tomatoes, sliced avacado and spinach or lettuce on a thin styled bun. Of course, as a last minute option, they aren't as convenient, but much better on sodium than the packaged processed kind. Let me know if you find another recipe for something similar!

Barbie: I love your quotes on your signatures, but especially the last one. It's one we all need to think about when we have been very consistent in our eating and exercising and are still not losing pounds as we would like.

Tomorrow is my birthday and DH is taking me to Savannah for the night. We are going to an event at their wonderful art museum, The Telfair, which includes a cocktail party. I don't usually do too badly at those because I am usually busy talking to people, BUT I don't really know anyone there so we shall see. I am excited to see the local artists' work and walk the city. It is supposed to be beautiful fall weather, so I should get some miles in on the pedometer! I'll see how many I can get in the 2 days...a little Birthday Challenge! Then we come home Saturday to our neighborhood oyster roast/potluck outside at the community dock & pavilion. It should be a busy weekend and one I will need to be very careful about. Wish me luck!

2 neighborhood friends are taking me out to lunch today and another 2 asked me out for dinner. Don't think that I will do the dinner...I told them we were leaving in the morning and needed to pack, make food for the potluck ahead of time, etc. Also, that's just too much eating out for me...as nice as the offer was...hope they understand. Nice to have nice neighbors.

Take care and hope to check in from Savannah...but might not! see you soon, Kackie
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    OK . . . . day 2 of snow in Wisconsin. This is going to be a long winter. :sad:

Congratulations to those of you who had weight loss success this past week. Sorry I'm still trying to learn who everyone is. :flowerforyou:

:smile: kackie - Happy Birthday!

MY SIGNATURE . . . .

YUP . . . . this will be on everyone of my posts. Providing I remember to add the darn thing. :laugh:

NOVEMBER CHALLENGE - Fight with Five for Thanksgiving (lose 5 pounds in November to fight the gain that might happen Thanksgiving week.)

Official SW - 1st day back in the gym! (12/02/10) - 380 lbs
    SW - 1st day on MFP (09/17/11 - 317 lbs
    1st Goal - Christmas Challenge 2011 - 290 lbs

GW - 150 lbs
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just got back from picking up DBF from the hospital. He call for an ambulance because he is in so much pain. He has yet another prescription. Hopefully he gets something that will work for more than 5 minutes.

He isn't coming to his chair fitness class today, so I'm going off to my knee strengthening exercise on my own.

Have a meeting this evening of our local lace group and I have to speak about the class I took in Ithaca on our Thanksgiving weekend.

Another nice day here, but much cooler than of late. However, after tomorrow, Remembrance Day the temps are going back up to unseasonably high. I'm glad because winter is long enough and this is a lovely respite. Sorry for the snow in Wisconsin!

My neighbours are having a new patio and deck built, so it is quite noisy. Together with a new garage the work has been going on since early summer, and now they are finally getting round to the last stage.
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Okay, my friends. My daughter has given me a kick in the pants about getting back on MFP and back with the program. I have been doing HORRIBLY for the last month and a half. It's scary as I can see how easily I could - and can - gain all the weight back. I wake up with new resolve every morning then fade fast.

So... it's time to get conscious, start logging and start weighing every day, no excuses. I will have a kitchen in a week and that will help but I can't wait until then to get back.

Sorry for not being more upbeat. I know I will be if (when) I get back. It's those danged two days of suffering while getting back to a healthy diet that I've been avoiding. The funny thing is (ha ha, not) how blah I feel when I'm eating unhealthily and how good I feel when I'm eating healthily. Brain, get with it! Urgh. Thanks for letting me vent. :mad:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    kackie - I have some of the Dr. Praeger's veggie burgers for the exact same reason you have the Boca burgers, in case of an emergency. I have found that Dr. Praeger, while not fantastic, is lower in sodium. Wonder if you could make those veggie burgers (the ones from scratch), cook them, and then freeze them so all you have to do is microwave them in a pinch? You reminded me that I have ground chicken breast that I want to make into patties, cook, and then freeze. Happy birthday!

barbie - I downloaded "the 12 commandments" book yesterday. It got pretty high reviews, too. So I'm anxious to hear it. Unfortunately, it only comes in abridged and not unabridged version.

mimi - good for your daughter!!! We miss you terribly when you aren't here. You can get back on the program, I know you will do it. You won't let us down and show us how to cope with the holidays (that raw cookie dough is really getting to me). Oh, how I hear ya feeling so "blah" when eating unhealthily.

I have this recipe for Sausage Cups that uses wonton wrappers, you mix sausage, monterey jack cheese and cheddar cheese and ranch dressing. I wonder if I can make those up ahead of time and then freeze them? Maybe I'll make them for bunco this month, I know that there will be some leftover so I'll freeze the leftovers and see how they turn out.

Did 45 minutes of TammiLeeWebbs's "I Want That Body" DVD today. Tomorrow deep water aerobics. A friend of mine is having surgery on his eye (he's having his eyelid lifted), so afterwards I'm thinking that I may stop and just sit with his wife.

Talked to Jessica today about Thanksgiving dinner. Her bf, Zac, likes to make these scalloped potatoes, he made them last year. Only thing is, Vince wasn't crazy about them so that'll mean that I have to make some mashed potatoes too. Also, since Zac's mother is diabetic, we should have something with sweet potatoes in it. Jess says that she doesn't really take care of her health, but I think the option should be given to her to have sweet potatoes. If she chooses not to take it -- so be it. I'm also thinking that I won't make this banana cherry pie, I think I might have made that last year, but instead I'll make a beer bread. Told Jess to buy this one brand of applesauce because I know that it doesn't contain sugar. She said that Zac's mother might just add sugar, and if she does, that's fine, that's her business. Also, I'd rather have some without sugar.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • cathys01
    cathys01 Posts: 221
    Options
    Hi Everyone:

I have been swamped at work again, but what else is new?? I am still keeping on track though and still watching myself very well, so I am hoping for a loss on my "weigh in" day on Saturday.

rjadams - loved the pictures of the baby's bassinett and how lovely to have such memories involved :heart:

Natalie - glad to hear your knee is doing well :flowerforyou:

Janet - snow :noway:

Sally - congrats on your loss :drinker:

Jane - I like your updated picture :wink:

Michele - someday, I am just going to have to get the recipe for the coca cola cake, that really intrigues me :happy:

Barbie - hope you enjoy your time alone :smile:

Kackie - Happy Birthday. Do enjoy your day :drinker:

Mimi - I so enjoy your posts. When you have been living in confusion, it is easy to give yourself excuses to fall off the wagon so don't worry, you will be fine, you will get back on track and we all here for you :wink:

A friend and I are heading to Buffalo for a little cross border shopping on Saturday, so I am looking forward to that. Our dollar is almost at par which makes it even better.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day; a special day for me since my youngest is away serving on a mission right now. His wife, my DIL, also in the Canadian military will be in Remebrance Day parades in the town where they live (where the military base is),

Anyway, Ladies, hope all are well. Take care of yourselves. Talk to you again soon.

Love, Cathy xx
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies

I had a wonderful day with the birthday babies yesterday. I'll try to upload a photo of them later today. The last year has simply flown past and I thank God every day for sending us the twins.

Today I have a doctor's appointment and I will also be doing a lot of preparation for the birthday party which is tomorrow. My DD has invited about 70 people, including 40 children ... should be, erm... fun? If I survive it I will come back and let you know how it went. Fortunately it is in the village hall, so there is plenty of space for the little darlings to run about.

My sister has made 150 cupcakes for the party - they are always tempting, so I may treat myself and have a taste or two. I'm struggling with maintaining my weight right now, I keep losing and really don't want to lose any more, so maybe a touch of cake will help!

I send my happy vibes to you all.

Love
    Amanda x
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers. I'm trying to vary my eating more because it seems to help move the scale and also do more protein and less carbs. Is there a way to "reset" the counter to change the fat- etc

Go to this topic to see how to customize: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/201803-change-protein-carb-fat-ratios?hl=Change+protein#posts-2666273

I had a wonderful time at the concert. No hotel key though - my only explanation for that is that he must have forgotten to bring it on stage.

I am off enjoying Veteran's Day today. We went to the parade with my daughter and grandsons. Later I am going over to help her get the nursery ready for my newest grandson who will arrive mid December. Everyone have a great weekend!
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this post but would like to join up. For November my goals:

1. I need to learn as much as I can about my new diagnosis of diabetes and get my kitchen cupboards cleaned out and ready for my new way of eating.

2. I want to bring my treadmill over from my old house, now my son's house, we traded houses. We live across the street from each other. :smile: The move won't be so hard, but I have to make room for it. I've got 3 days off this weekend so should be able to get a bit done.

3. I need to get serious about taking my doggies for their walks and not just putting them in their outside pens to play. I need to get moving.

4. I work nights from 4:30pm-5:30am most nights M-Th. I often work on Friday nights from 4:30pm-3am. So I need to establish some kind of routine so I can be more regular in my sleep/wake/eat times. I need to find a good time to do my walks and home workouts.

Thanks for giving me a place to seek suggestions and get support.
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    We had a good day. My husband went for his MRI/MRA’s today and he was very relieved that the tests were over. We have an appt. with his primary care doc next Friday and he has one more test on Monday. He seems better. The knee they are thinking is pseudogout(thank goodness for webmd). So now we can deal with the migranes. We went out to lunch after the MRI and then went shopping…a great day!

Kackie…. I hope you enjoy your Savannah time. I get nervous when I have a lot of commitments for outside eating.
    Genealace…I hope you DBF is getting better.
    Mimi…. This is the place to vent!! When you think of all the transitions you have had…don’t beat yourself up. I took a good look at how little extras started creeping into my food day and about a week ago, I really got strict. I had a bad headache for a couple of days (I think it was sugar withdrawal) but I found my thinking got really clear. I feel like there is a switch and when it goes off it is so hard to get back into the healthy way of doing things.
    Michele….that sausage cup recipes sounds good..do you have the directions?? I think that may be good to make for our next Girls Night. I also had the cauliflower crust pizza….I made it plain with just sliced tomato added at the end of baking and that is also something that is so good (I was really surprised).
    Cathy….. I hope you enjoy your shopping day and that your Saturday weigh in goes well!!
    Mary….glad the concert was great….even without the key!
    Welcome Dippystick…it sounds like you have some great goals. Take it one step at a time. There is so much great information on the site

Have a good night all!
    Sally