Diet Tribe - 30 Pounds in 90 Days!

Options

Replies

• Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options

I did really well yesterday. I ate good and exercised. Hoping today will be the same.

That's great! :flowerforyou: I hope you have another wonderful day too....:drinker:
  • juliluvstrevor2003
    Options
    I'm a couple days late, but I'd love to join! I have my 10 yr high school reunion in July, so this is perfect! I can't even imagine being down 30 lbs by then! That would be fantastic! I'm still recovering from a bad case of the stomach flu, but once I'm over it, I'm going to hit the gym like never before!!! Game on!!

4/13/09 SW-232

157578.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I posted in the other thread, but just wanted to say that today is off to a good start already.

I had some yummy oatmeal and glass of milk this morning. Planning on a turkey sandwich with a piece of fruit for lunch, and some black bean tacos for dinner. I do have to give myself a small treat everyday as well, that way it feels like a real lifestyle change not some deprivation diet. Today going to have one treat-sized cadbury dairy milk chocolate (my friend at work brought back a whole giant bag of them from her Ireland trip!).

Lunch hour is walking time for me (30 minutes). I walk at a pretty good pace (~4miles an hour) and will do the same again tonight with my dog. Monday I wore my pedometer and ended up walking almost 14k steps! Hoping to do the same again today :)

If my stomach feels better going to do the 30-day shred DVD too. I love how strong and toned it makes me feel!! I don't want to push it though cause I almost threw up last night and I felt *awful*! Stomach is still a little funny this morning but hopefully that will go away. I drank some peppermint tea and that usually helps settle things.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    So... I realized at resting my scale wasn't at 0 pounds, but like, at two hundred something. So apparently, I've been one pound off the whole time. I started to change my weight to one pound heavier, then thought, why bother? 48 pounds to lose is 48 pounds to lose - and if I weighed myself a few days earlier to find myself at 150 (:smile::smile: :smile: ) then heck no am I going to up that to 151! After all, once I lose enough weight that it's all about toning and not weight loss, who cares what the scale says? :laugh:

I am SO CLOSE to 149. I really hope to make the 140s at the end of the week - I've been working out like crazy so a 3 pound weight loss seems really possible. Weigh-in day will be either Sunday or Monday morning. I'm going to go buy myself some stretch mark fighter because it's pretty bad and I know I'll refuse to go to the beach if they don't get better :ohwell: Any suggestions?

How's everyone else???
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    Oh I want to join. I'm not sure I want to lose 30, but 25 would be alright I guess! I don't know... I've never been there so it's hard to tell if that would be too small for me!

I missed the weigh in Monday but I started dieting Mon too. I weighed 153 Mon morn.
    Today I weigh 150 with these measurements....

Waist 29.75

Hips: 41

Arms: 11

Thighs: 24.25

Bust: 35.5

Abdomen 39.5
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Today is going well so far, although I had blood drawn this morning and got a little lightheaded so they gave me graham crackers and ginger ale. After I got over the lightheadedness, I looked at the calories and was not very happy with the unplanned calories...oh well...better than passing out right?
  • katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it too much Laura- your body will need energy to replace the blood.

although, not sure how you would enter that as "calories burned" :laugh:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options

I am SO CLOSE to 149. I really hope to make the 140s at the end of the week - I've been working out like crazy so a 3 pound weight loss seems really possible. Weigh-in day will be either Sunday or Monday morning. I'm going to go buy myself some stretch mark fighter because it's pretty bad and I know I'll refuse to go to the beach if they don't get better :ohwell: Any suggestions?

How's everyone else???

I've seen commercials for a product called Bio Oil. It's suppose to help lighten the strechmarks. I know they will never be gone because I have alot myself but making them a lot less noticable is a good thing.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    The first few days have been going well. My exercise goal during this 90 days is to burn 1000-1500 cals daily from exercise. My eating goal is 1600-1800 calories daily. After 2 weeks I plan to evaluate this and see how it is going. I am really hoping this works. I would love to be in better shape in 90 days than I was 13 years ago when I met my husband.:smile:
  • RedPepper39759
    Options
    I am in. Just noticed this thread. Hope it is okay for me to join.

Starting weight 04/13/09: 193
    90 day goal: 163

04/20/09:
    04/27/09:
    05/04/09:
    05/11/09:
    05/18/09:
    05/25/09:
    06/01/09:
    06/08/09:
    06/15/09:
    06/22/09:
    06/29/09:
    07/06/09:
    Final weigh in 07/12/09:

Total loss to date:
  • RedPepper39759
    Options
    The first few days have been going well. My exercise goal during this 90 days is to burn 1000-1500 cals daily from exercise. My eating goal is 1600-1800 calories daily. After 2 weeks I plan to evaluate this and see how it is going. I am really hoping this works. I would love to be in better shape in 90 days than I was 13 years ago when I met my husband.:smile:
    Hey, Tcasmey, we have the exactly same exercise and food calorie goals. I have been doing that since 04/01/09 shortly after someone introduced me myfitnesspal. I am finally starting to see results. Great job on losing 19 lbs already. Congratulations!
  • Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow just found this fab group, I know I'm 2 days late but would love to join in with this. Losing 30lb would be great I currently weigh 206lb but looking forward to the challenge :happy:
  • bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    I've done pretty good since Monday. No cheating, I've walked a couple of days (when it wasn't raining). Hoping to get more exercise into my weekly routine. Good luck to everyone on Monday's weigh-in. :smile:
  • yari
    yari Posts: 25
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi all i would love to join your group..I would love to lose 30 pounds before my bday in august....

Starting weight: 189 lbs
    90 day goal: 159 lbs

04/20/09:
    04/27/09:
    05/04/09:
    05/11/09:
    05/18/09:
    05/25/09:
    06/01/09:
    06/08/09:
    06/15/09:
    06/22/09:
    06/29/09:
    07/06/09:
    Final weigh in 07/12/09:

Total loss to date:

I look forward to meeting and supporting each of you and getting the support in return..Hope everyone is having a awesome day
  • goingforgoal
    goingforgoal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. This is so easy to follow and knowing you have this challenge seems to help with willpower and motivation. There has been donuts and cake in our copy room at work for the last 3 days and I have not even thought of having any. I see the box and think 30lbs. YOU CAN DO IT! So far, so good. Thursday nights are our family night out and we usually go for mexican food and margaritas. I've looked up the calories and have planned ahead so we'll see how well I fair this challenge. I do step activity and some yoga every evening. Not alot, but some fun activities and it keeps me off the couch. Good luck to all!
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I''m trying to stay off my scale until Monday. I like the art of surprise good or bad. Are you all trying to eat your calories? My friend, who does weight watchers lost 7.2 pounds this week and said that she had been going over her WW points. I told her about the MFP theory of eating your workout points. It's working for her, and I did sort of eat my points when I first started and surprisingly I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm trying to lose something this week. A co-worker and I, who is so small, worked out today after school. 40 minutes using a 10 minute solution DVD. We love it. It's helpful to have a workout partner, espeically when they work with you. I hope you ladies had a bless day, be encouraged, we can get through this first week.

By the way, I plan to do atleast another 30 minutes tonight on my treadmill. Law and order will be on for 2 hours so I'll have something to watch.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I cheated and stepped on the scale this morning instead of waiting till Sunday/Monday. So far, 2 pounds gone, and I have my fingers crossed for one more. We shall see...!
  • yari
    yari Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou: everyone, just thought I’d stop by tonight before heading to bed…I have been an eating machine today it must be cause TOM is coming into town, but I cant use that excuse tomorrow, I have to stay on track and eat right…My kids are at their grandparents house for the night, so I can hit the gym extra early tomorrow and take a spinning class or total body class. I have been slacking in the exercise department this week…I bought Bob’s boot camp DVDfrom the biggest loser, but have yet to open it..I think I might open it tonight and do a lil workout to burn off some of the cals I ate today..

Turtlt31~It sure does help having a workout partner…my sister and I get together every weekend and workout and encourage eachother throughout the week to get our workouts and eating straight….

Goingforgoal~~The same has been happening in my office and when the gals offer and I tell them no, I love the “wow now that’s will power” comments I get from them it makes me feel great…that’s a great think you are doing with checking the cals and planning ahead…

Well dinner is ready time to feed the kiddies and get my workout in…hope everyone has a great evening

:heart: :heart: Yari :heart: :heart:
  • blackchick38
    Options
    Hi all i would love to join your group..I would love be in this challange,things have been movin slow for me lately and i need some fire under my butt..

Starting weight: 220
    90 day goal: 190

04/20/09:
    04/27/09:
    05/04/09:
    05/11/09:
    05/18/09:
    05/25/09:
    06/01/09:
    06/08/09:
    06/15/09:
    06/22/09:
    06/29/09:
    07/06/09:
    Final weigh in 07/12/09:

Total loss to date:

I look forward to getting to know all of you and having a great time losing the weight,im really focousing on eating healthy and exerciising on most days,so here we go
    bebe
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I HATE Wednesday's! I have to work from 8:30-9:00. I work in a CCD office and we have classes all day after school. I try to get up at 5 to workout on Wednesday's but to no avail have I ever done it, I just think omg it's going to be along day, so now, since I didn't workout I'm left with 5 calories and I'm not hungry! YEAH ME!