favorite kind of apple?

Options

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Honey crisp are my favorite when I can find them... unless I can get my hands on the apple gold called Sweet Tango. It's a great hybrid that's grown an hour north of me and they are AMAZING!!!!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Gala and Fuji, with Granny Smiths for my sour cravings.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I had the juiciest Fuji yesterday with some almond butter! My mouth is watering thinking about it:love:
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    Jonagold, Pink Lady, and one they had last year but cant find this year was either called Fiesta or Pinata.
  • pjkalk
    pjkalk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp first, Pink Lady second
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Red Delicious and Pink Ladies are my favourite.
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    ok and for fun I like like the Grapples. You know the ones, they smell like a grape jolly rancher and are an apple.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    McIntosh! So soft/sweet/sour :D
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Pink Ladies! Give me mouth tingles, like champagne!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like any apple that is crunchy and more tart than sweet. I remember as a kid eating wild crab apples and all my adult relatives telling me how they would give me a stomach ache. But they never did. They were like a natural version of the ultra sour candies kids eat today. I can't stand a mushy apple.
  • abqann
    Options
    Pink Lady
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i love the tangy granny smith. i sometimes also have golden delicious and royal gala
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp, granny smith, and pink lady :D
  • Trillian73
    Trillian73 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pink Lady by a mile. Most of the other ones in the store end up having kind of a mushy texture, not fresh tasting. The Granny Smiths are fine, but they're kind of sour for me unless I'm cooking with them. The Golden Delicious are usually okay too, but I prefer the Pink Ladies.

In September I always go to the local apple orchard and pick my own, usually Cortlands.
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pink Ladies and Honeycrisp!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp, hands down!
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    McIntosh.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Braeburn, followed closely by Gala. I love Honeycrisp as well, but sadly have inherited my dad's allergy to some apple varieties. My first Honeycrisp had to be my last.
  • AHolly86
    Options
    I usually go for gala, fuji, or golden delicious. Basically cause there the best of the cheaper varieties. But when I have the money, Honeycrisp is #1 (they are almost $3/lb here).
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    There are so many delicious apples. Which I like best really depends on my mood. My top choices are: Fuji, Braeburn, Gala, Cameo, and Honey Crisp. We used to get a really lovely variety called Crispin that were my absolute favorites, but I haven't seen them in several years now. My favorites all tend to have thin skins, crisp textures, and a sweet to sweet-tart flavor.