Learn different tricks folks or you wont make it!

Options

Replies

• gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Dude, that's deep. (um, bump lol)
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Will try some of theses. Will add you!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, Dan. I found a lot of interesting (and useful) information. I am wondering what a Carb cycle is.

Carb cycle is bringing your body close to KETOSIS.
    Some ppl thrive in this state but most fall flat due to feeling tired.
    How it works:
    For 3 days you drop your carbs close to 100g.
    Carbs are a huge source of fat for most ppl especially if they dont understand GI and insulin levels.
    The key to great health and energy is insulin and keeping it at an even level throughout the day.
    So for 3 days you only eat 100g of carbs.
    Youll use lots of filler calories like carrots and broccoli and stuff but fruit is almost extinct.
    then on day 4 you refeed the carbs up to 300g.
    This replenishes what your brain needs before it drops into KETO mode.
    Most pro body builders carb cycle before a show because its one of the only ways to get the paper thin skin to show off contours on their muscular frame.
    Google Obi Bodybuilder if you want to see what I mean.
    hugs!
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My main concern with this post is that you've only been at this 6 months and you have already tried all of these "tricks"
    How can you possibly know what is working and what is not if you aren't giving it anytime?
    Sure, these things worked for you, but isn't it possible that had you stuck with what you were doing, you would have seen results as well?

I do agree things need to be changed up on occasion.
    But doing all the things you mentioned in a 5 month period seems pretty impatient.
  • anevels
    anevels Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    great tips, thanks
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the tips. I'm barely losing any weight despite serious weight lifting and a good amount of cardio. I'm only eating my 1200 calories a day, no exercise points. I'm scared to go over that, worried I'll gain! But it looks like I may have to try it.

You shouldnt loose weight while weight lifting.
    You should be trading fat for muscle.
    throw away the scale!
    Put lights around your mirror!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Carbs are a huge source of fat for most ppl

ruh roh.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    My main concern with this post is that you've only been at this 6 months and you have already tried all of these "tricks"
    How can you possibly know what is working and what is not if you aren't giving it anytime?
    Sure, these things worked for you, but isn't it possible that had you stuck with what you were doing, you would have seen results as well?

I do agree things need to be changed up on occasion.
    But doing all the things you mentioned in a 5 month period seems pretty impatient.

Guilty!
    I'm a leo!
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    Thanks, Dan! This is very helpful info!
  • becky2967
    Options
    thanks for the tips i reduced my calorie intake from around 2-2,600aday to my now 1,200-1,800 i do get really hungry at times.. but i have finaly had my first proper loss 6.6lb this week. ( i even gained for first 3weeks ) i have tried upping my calories whilst increasing exercise this week with results. infact i have been burning basicly what i eat! need to find what works for me. url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]11544273.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

You shouldnt loose weight while weight lifting.

Why not? I lost 10 lbs from September to current and all of my lifts went up.

I do apprecaite the motivation you bring and your attempt at helping but some of the information you are providing could easily steer someone down a path that's much more complicated and unneccessary than it needs to be.
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    After losing the same 3 pounds over and over for a month, I've finally come to terms with a plateau - this is just what I needed this morning, thank you! :)
  • gvswaim
    Options
    Thank you
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

Why not? I lost 10 lbs from September to current and all of my lifts went up.

I do apprecaite the motivation you bring and your attempt at helping but some of the information you are providing could easily steer someone down a path that's much more complicated and unneccessary than it needs to be.

It's an odd tradeoff right?
    I'm in a bulk cycle right now and I still fluctuate.
    Muscle burns more calories etc.

The main reason for the post was last night when I read 10 posts from a slew of ppl from all walks of life who jump feet first into extreme low cal dieting and they havent gone anywhere.

you look fantastic BTW! Ticket stub ripped!

I have tried a few of these tricks but not all of them.
    I'm a fan of my carbs but im careful not to overdo them.

My main problem is the lack of research.
    Nobody wants to do the footwork and they expect unreasonable goals to happen soon!

almost every reply to the posts last night from me was "Whats your maint cals?
    And not one of them knew.
    Scary!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Suggested funk breakers!
    1) Eat at maint cals for 2 weeks.
    2) Carb cycle (this one sucks!) It works like a champ!
    3) HIIT cardio 3 times a week 20 mins a session
    4) Start introducing cheat weekends. Eat whatever and however but only up to maint calories.
    5) Introduce more mono fats. This is one way I broke a funk! I started taking Flax, fish pills.
    6) Adjust your sleeping habits. 8 hours gang! 8 HOURS!
    7) Carb tapering. Eat most of your carbs in the AM then slowly taper them to nothing at night.
    8) Up your weights used in training but lower your reps. This will create muscle so if you are against looking fantastic dont do it!
    9) For those with great digestive systems but really overweight look into a burner. OxyElite is the best in my opinion but This is a last resort.
    10) LeanGains approach. change your eating habits so you only eat within an 8hour window. the other 16 hours are water only. This causes your body to use fat stores as energy but maintains lean mass. This is the hardest one if you live with other people because they will be eating while you are in a fasting state.

reply to above
    9) OxyElite like all singing and dancing supplements rarely work see post below.....try sensible diet and exercise !
    10) it doesnt matter when you eat as long as you keep to your calories and I have proven this in a previous post

bad review given of oxyelite pro on website

Created by USP, a famous company often sold on sites like Nutraplanet.com, OxyElite Pro claims that you can finally get the fat burning and otherwise weight loss results that you are looking for. They claim that it will literally rip the fat off your body, and you can finally get all the appetite eradication, jolting energy production, and metabolic amplifiers to help you to get results in general.

What are the ingredients?
    Bauhinia purpurea leaf and pod-otherwise known as the orchid plant, this has not actually been used in weight loss results

Bacopa monniera-often used in terms of helping you to gain nootropic benefits, this has not actually been used to promote weight loss

Geranium-an essential oil, this has been used as an antiseptic, anti inflammatory, etc, basically everything but an actual weight loss supplement.

Cirsium oligophyllum-rich in inulin, this does not actually promote any kind of weight loss results

Rauwolscine-yohimbine has been used as a natural aphrodisiac in many settings, not a weight loss supplement. But it has also been connected to heart attack, stroke, renal failure, and kidney failure in some cases.

Canescens-also known as azaleas, this has been known to promote certain essential oil based benefits. But those do not actually include weight loss

OxyElite Pro advantages
    *it has all natural ingredients
    *it has a proven nootropic ingredient

OxyElite Pro disadvantages
    *it does not have any weight loss ingredients, focusing mostly on flowers
    *it does not have the right amounts of anything
    *it causes some serious side effects with an aphrodisiac

Bottom line
    This formula will not actually help you to promote greater weight loss or any other benefits in general. OxyElite Pro is basically a formula made up of flowers. Flowers, in case you haven’t noticed, do not promote fat burning, appetite suppressing, or otherwise weight loss benefits in general. OxyElite Pro is one of those formulas that will not help you with the benefits in general that you are paying for.
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It's great to be young a healthy and be able to do all of that stuff you suggested. Once upon a time, I could do all that. Those of us who are diabetic have to manage carbs differently from you, and those of us who are older and a little arthritic have to exercise more gently. But I do want to say hip hurray for your suggestions about taking a break and going on maintenance for a couple of weeks. It took me 40 years of dieting to realize I should do that! And once you get to be the master of your own maintenance, you won't binge, and you can go on a maintenance vacation whenever you need to do that.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    It's great to be young a healthy and be able to do all of that stuff you suggested. Once upon a time, I could do all that. Those of us who are diabetic have to manage carbs differently from you, and those of us who are older and a little arthritic have to exercise more gently. But I do want to say hip hurray for your suggestions about taking a break and going on maintenance for a couple of weeks. It took me 40 years of dieting to realize I should do that! And once you get to be the master of your own maintenance, you won't binge, and you can go on a maintenance vacation whenever you need to do that.

Check out www.scoobysworkshop.com he has great plans for everyone and even talks about arthritis and diabetes.
    I love his videos!