Here is what's in the McDonalds McRib?

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Well I would say eww to the McRib but I have been known to eat potted meat & I don't think the ingredients are much better for that. :laugh:

I've never had a McRib- mostly because it reminds me of the weird fake ribs they served for school lunch. I don't want my meat to look like it has bones in it if it doesn't :sick:
    Oh potted meat! I used to like that when I was a kid. I wonder if I still like it.
    Mmm... or Vienna Sausages! Canned corned beef!
  • subela
    subela Posts: 76
    Options
    It's amazing what the fast food industry will pass off as food. Whole foods always taste better to me and I don't tend to over eat when eating them. For the most part, I boycott them all. Although, I did stop recently at Wendy's for a baked potato. Hopefully they don't mess with them (LOL).
    It pisses me off, alot of these additives really mess with your health and are addictive. It comes down to making the cheapest "food" for these corporations, and poor people get sucked in because dollar for dollar its cheaper to feed their families there then make a healthier choice at home......
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Well I would say eww to the McRib but I have been known to eat potted meat & I don't think the ingredients are much better for that. :laugh:

I've never had a McRib- mostly because it reminds me of the weird fake ribs they served for school lunch. I don't want my meat to look like it has bones in it if it doesn't :sick:
    Oh potted meat! I used to like that when I was a kid. I wonder if I still like it.
    Vienna sausages, I can take it or leave it. But give me some of that nasty corned beef any day. I like to mix it up with some yellow mustard. That stuff looks like dog food, lol!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Yes, I love vienna sausages too! :happy:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    It's amazing what the fast food industry will pass off as food.
    It is still food, regardless of the quality.
    It pisses me off, alot of these additives really mess with your health and are addictive.
    The jury is till out on whether in fact fast food is addicting. A federal court threw the case out in '03.
    It comes down to making the cheapest "food" for these corporations, and poor people get sucked in because dollar for dollar its cheaper to feed their families there then make a healthier choice at home......
    I beg to differ. In general, despite extensive government subsidies, hyperprocessed food remains more expensive than food cooked at home. (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/opinion/sunday/is-junk-food-really-cheaper.html?pagewanted=all) Let's not take ownership of individual's decisions from them.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

Vienna sausages, I can take it or leave it. But give me some of that nasty corned beef any day. I like to mix it up with some yellow mustard. That stuff looks like dog food, lol!
    I like my canned corned beef with mayo and a little mustard in a toasted bread sandwich with a leaf of lettuce. It does look like dog food, but oh so tasty!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    chicken-goo.jpg

Chicken goop for their mcnuggets! Nom nom nom

Really Pink Goo? WTF?
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm just putting it out there...

Assuming a lot of you "ZOMG GROSS NEVER EATING IT AGAIN" people are omnivorous..

You eat meat, legs, rumps, etc (You know that's muscle, right?) what's wrong with eating the "whole animal".. the intestines, and offal bits.. REALLY what is the different between eating the leg of an animal and the kidney? It's still animal, right? It's still tasty "until you found out what was really in it" right? I just don't get it.
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think one of the top 5 things I miss about Houston is real spicy pork tamales made with LARD.
    So, sooo good.

That said, McRib time only comes around once a year, and I'm driving 26 miles into town to get one of them on Sunday. I've been a good girl, I won't go over my cal mark and I'm not gonna feel even a little bit guilty about it.

Nom!
    Tamales? Driving 26 miles for a McRib without guilt? :heart:

When I lived in Houston, the *best* tamales were always sold out of roach coaches and by little old ladies straight from a battered Igloo cooler. They could have put rat droppings and pencils shaving in them for all I know, doesn't matter, they were freaking delicious.

I wouldn't say I'd drive all that way specifically for a McRib but I have to drive that far once a week for supplies and groceries anyway and I'm darned sure getting my slab of greasy mutant goodness while I'm there.
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's just plain McNasty! Thanks for posting this, my husband likes the McRib so I'll be sharing this with him :sick:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I think one of the top 5 things I miss about Houston is real spicy pork tamales made with LARD.
    So, sooo good.

That said, McRib time only comes around once a year, and I'm driving 26 miles into town to get one of them on Sunday. I've been a good girl, I won't go over my cal mark and I'm not gonna feel even a little bit guilty about it.

Nom!
    Tamales? Driving 26 miles for a McRib without guilt? :heart:
    When I lived in Houston, the *best* tamales were always sold out of roach coaches and by little old ladies straight from a battered Igloo cooler. They could have put rat droppings and pencils shaving in them for all I know, doesn't matter, they were freaking delicious.

I wouldn't say I'd drive all that way specifically for a McRib but I have to drive that far once a week for supplies and groceries anyway and I'm darned sure getting my slab of greasy mutant goodness while I'm there.
    Again... :heart:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I find nothing objectionable about grinding up parts of the pig that people don't like the texture of and turning them into a tasty patty. To be against eating innards is to be in favor of wasting food. If you won't eat innards and organ meats, you shouldn't be allowed to eat meat at all. Sausage, scrapple, etc. exist to make this food palatable to the squeamish. Eat them, or be a vegetarian.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'm just putting it out there...

Assuming a lot of you "ZOMG GROSS NEVER EATING IT AGAIN" people are omnivorous..

You eat meat, legs, rumps, etc (You know that's muscle, right?) what's wrong with eating the "whole animal".. the intestines, and offal bits.. REALLY what is the different between eating the leg of an animal and the kidney? It's still animal, right? It's still tasty "until you found out what was really in it" right? I just don't get it.

:flowerforyou:

Yes, I'm an omnivore. No, I am not disgusted by the part of the animal used in my food. Of course fast food is made with so-called "questionable" parts. It's cheaper, it's ground up, and it's homogenized. That's why it's fast food and cheap food. Why are we so surprised?
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Gave that stuff up many years ago. You are what you eat. McHoof, McSnout, and McRectum.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Im not against eating the innards.... I find the taste of the mcrib nasty and the smell nauseating. Thats why I dont eat it. Then again, I work there so it all tastes and looks nasty to me now being there 6 months. lol. Oh, and I could live without the chemicals. Really? Stuff used to make plastic in the food? Is THAT necessary for taste reasons?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm... McDonalds.....

hamburgler.gif

:laugh:
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    ...tripe...
    If you liked the McRib, you'll LOVE menudo!

No, seriously. When menudo (made with tripe) is made right, there's nothing better.

I think menudo is just as nasty as the McRib! I have no desire to eat intestine!
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    ...tripe...
    If you liked the McRib, you'll LOVE menudo!

No, seriously. When menudo (made with tripe) is made right, there's nothing better.
    I think menudo is just as nasty as the McRib! I have no desire to eat intestine!
    Tripe is stomach lining, not intestine. Intestine can be yummy though! Like any food, the preparation is key to its tastiness or nastiness. I keep an open mind, and will try anything that is prepared hygienically.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I keep an open mind, and will try anything that is prepared hygienically.
    :drinker: Exactly how I feel about it! Don't knock it 'til you try it! :drinker:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I keep an open mind, and will try anything that is prepared hygienically.
    :drinker: Exactly how I feel about it! Don't knock it 'til you try it! :drinker:
    My mom would love you!