Jillian says NOT to do 30 Day Shred Everyday

Options
Hey everyone - I have some good information to share. On one of Jillian Michael's podcasts where she takes questions from fans, etc., she was asked about the 30 Day Shred and whether or not you should be doing it everyday. She said she did not intend for it to be done everyday. It is meant to be done about 3-4 times per week and to be mixed in with other forms of cardio and strength training. Thought everyone would like to know!

Replies

• kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you've got to give your muscles time to rebuild, same with weight lifting.
  • FattytattyAndy
    Options
    Thank you :) I had just asked my friend this question yesterday.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's helpful because the question is asked a lot.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU GOD!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to do it everyday. I do it every other day, and it really makes me feel better that way. Been trying to tell a friend this for a while now, but she insists on everyday. I don't want bulk, just nice lean muscle.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Pretty lame that they didn't convey that info for people just starting out with the program. So many people on this web-site alone have complained about knee pain.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Pretty lame that they didn't convey that info for people just starting out with the program. So many people on this web-site alone have complained about knee pain.

I agree. Was this written anywhere on the DVD?
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    That's what I was doing anyways. :)
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! It would've been nice if she had put that on the DVD!

Kind of makes me want to quit... lol. Itve done 10 days of level 1, 10 of level 2, and today will be day 7 of level 3.

But if she only wants you to do it like 4 days a week for 30 days... That'd be 18 days at most, 18/3 levels is 6. So thats 6 days per level. Man that makes it tempting to quit now lol.
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    do it with other cardio and strength training exercises? Well, I'm pretty much swamped doing the 20 min workout.. and yeah, I agree..they should've made it clear when the DVD came out!
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Not to mention the countless of people who couldn't do 30 days in a row and stopped using the DVD altogether. :(
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    That is good to know! "I did 30DS back in the summer, and didn't know any better... I did it every day. I made it through, but by the end of it I'd gone from feeling pumped and energetic after the workouts to feeling beaten up. I'm doing Ripped in 30 at the moment, and going for six days a week instead of 7. It really does make a difference to have that rest day in there.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options

I agree. Was this written anywhere on the DVD?
    Yes!

Wow, that's the opposite of what the video implies, if not outright SAYS. I wonder if the producers influenced that, or if she's just changed her mind?

I love the Shred, but I've always also read that you need to let muscles rest to rebuild. BUT, I thought since the Shred was with low-weights, maybe that was why is was OK everyday? Didn't know. But thank you so much for sharing.
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    I did it 30 times with breaks and that suited me. Can't imagine doing it every day - I'd be hallucinating!!

:explode:
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I just finished Round 2 - 30 days straight. lol. I did have slight knee pain by the end, but it felt like a great achievement to have done it completely. I did extra cardio at the gym 3 x a week too. Now I've started Ripped in 30 and had 2 days off last week and felt quite good. I'm aiming for at least 1 rest day a week from now on :bigsmile:

Thanks again!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    That's what I was doing anyways. :)

Me too. And still great results!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I just bought this DVD and was trying to figure out how I could do it and still maintain my gym routine without it being overkill!
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    They should change the name! I didn't do it everyday because I get bored with doing the same thing for too long but I did think you were supposed to do it for 30 days straight. It doesn't tell you otherwise on the DVD.
    I lost 6.2 LBS while doing it with an exercise bicycle, trampoline and stepper thrown in.