Agreed.
  • Jenninedinburgh
    Jenninedinburgh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Four words - please try to remember them: "LIFE IS TOO SHORT"
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Does anyone get annoyed when you see really skinny people on here?

I am NOT talking about people that are completing their weight loss journey (kudos to you!).

I am NOT talking about people that are recovering from eating disorders (good on you for getting help!).

I am NOT talking about people who are just looking to maintain their current healthy weight.

I am talking about people who are slim, always been slim, SERIOUSLY don't need to lose a pound or worry about maintaining weight and yet they are still on here, complaining about not being able to lose 5kgs. Especially when losing another 5kgs would put them even further into the underweight range.

ARRRGH!

/end rant

I get annoyed because what they are really doing is calling attention to how skinny they are and how attractive they believe themselves to be. They are fishing for a compliment and/or wanting to make other people feel bad for being heavy/fat in comparison.

Yes, I am small and I have decided to use this site because I need people on the internet to compliment me and I need to make other people feel bad about themselves. It has nothing to do with the fact that this site makes logging food more efficient, tracking my exercise easier, provides forums where I can ask questions/answer questions that other people have and helps me form supportive and rewarding friendships.
  • dancer4275
    Options
    Well said @adjones5.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

I am NOT talking about people that are completing their weight loss journey (kudos to you!).

I am NOT talking about people that are recovering from eating disorders (good on you for getting help!).

I am NOT talking about people who are just looking to maintain their current healthy weight.

I am talking about people who are slim, always been slim, SERIOUSLY don't need to lose a pound or worry about maintaining weight and yet they are still on here, complaining about not being able to lose 5kgs. Especially when losing another 5kgs would put them even further into the underweight range.

ARRRGH!

/end rant
    I get annoyed because what they are really doing is calling attention to how skinny they are and how attractive they believe themselves to be. They are fishing for a compliment and/or wanting to make other people feel bad for being heavy/fat in comparison.
    Yes, I am small and I have decided to use this site because I need people on the internet to compliment me and I need to make other people feel bad about themselves. It has nothing to do with the fact that this site makes logging food more efficient, tracking my exercise easier, provides forums where I can ask questions/answer questions that other people have and helps me form supportive and rewarding friendships.
    That's funny. I'm fat and have decided to use this site because I need to complain about people on the internet and have other people to make me feel bad. It has nothing to do with taking care of myself, finding my own happiness, or not allowing others to affect my state of mind. Small world! We should be friends! :laugh:
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

ARRRGH!

/end rant

No offense. But seriously if you believe this you have serious serious issues.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    there is such thing as skinny fat, maybe they just want to become fit.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    No. This is my FITNESS pal. Not necessarily only weightloss.

So being dangerously underweight and wanting to lose more weight is part of "fitness" now?

Ok so you get ANNOYED because other people have a disease? That's very mature of you.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    :grumble: Yes. The poor deluded fools that they are :explode:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How is being annoyed by skinny people on this site any better than being annoyed by the fat people in line at McD?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

ARRRGH!

/end rant

Sounds like you have a lot of issues to sort out.
  • michy_elliot
    Options
    I'd like to point out (as a petite girl), that while we may look skinny and small to other people, especially to those who are accostomed to their own larger figures, we have our own weight fluctuations etc. I may be a size 0-2, but I still gain a few pounds each winter which I like to get off before summer. We can still have unattractive stomach pooches, jiggly arms, thighs, etc. You may only see us as 'thin' because comparativevly we may be, but we can only judge ourselves by what we're used to.

A lot of the lighter people on here do aim to lose a few pounds, but most of us also want to build muscle mass, increase strength, flexibility, fitness, etc. Or maybe we're tracking out nutritional intake to ensure we're eating wholesomely, to keep a chocolate addiction under control, or simply to avoid gaining weight.

Everyone has a better version of themself that they aim for. We may not need to lose 50 pounds to get there, but isn't being dedicated to health, fitness and muscle tone, better than being lazy and complacent and becoming the dreaded 'skinny fat'?
  • gettingskinnysoon
    Options

ARRRGH!

/end rant

No. I do not get annoyed because quite frankly it's none of my business nor is it yours unless they make it.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed by judgmental folks. >.> Just cause someone is skinny and always has been surely doesn't mean they are healthy.
    THIS
    Being thin doesn't automatically mean health. There are plenty of people that look thin that are carrying around a lot of weight in their abdomen or have other health risks. A lot of thinner people think that because they don't gain weight they can eat whatever they want and in some instances can be way more unhealthy than someone who is overweight.
    I carried A LOT of weight around my middle while having bony stick thin arms. It was disgusting. I couldn't walk a city block without having to stop and catch my breath.
    There's a lot of us that have to watch what we do in order not to put on the frontal buttocks.