Diet Tribe - 30 Pounds in 90 Days!

Options

Replies

• goingforgoal
    goingforgoal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    O.K. so the week's been not so challenging and today I liked my weight and was pleasantly surprised from the scale. My daughter is 15 today and has 8 friends over. We've been to the mall, they've been swimming in the "cold" pool and I ordered pizza hut. My hubby and other daughter have walked down to a Jimmy Buffet concert and I am here with 8 teenagers eating pizza. I've lost my mind. I wish I was at the concert!!!!! I just posted my dinner and I consumed a whopping 1200 calories in pizza. Luckily my pedometer is reading that I took 11,000 steps today and the day's not over, so maybe I'll offset it a little. This is the first time I've had pizza in I don't know how long. Well, it'll be this long again before I have it once more. Anyway....can't wait to hear how everyone's week has been. The "challenge" is forever on my mind.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    O.K. so the week's been not so challenging and today I liked my weight and was pleasantly surprised from the scale. My daughter is 15 today and has 8 friends over. We've been to the mall, they've been swimming in the "cold" pool and I ordered pizza hut. My hubby and other daughter have walked down to a Jimmy Buffet concert and I am here with 8 teenagers eating pizza. I've lost my mind. I wish I was at the concert!!!!! I just posted my dinner and I consumed a whopping 1200 calories in pizza. Luckily my pedometer is reading that I took 11,000 steps today and the day's not over, so maybe I'll offset it a little. This is the first time I've had pizza in I don't know how long. Well, it'll be this long again before I have it once more. Anyway....can't wait to hear how everyone's week has been. The "challenge" is forever on my mind.

I miss Pizza Hut, lol. I've decided that if I can get through the next 3 months without fast food, I'll treat myself a small personal pan pizza. It's good to treat yourself once in a while. Good luck with the teenagers!!!
  • cmstief
    cmstief Posts: 59
    Options
    Just went out to eat at this tasty italian place with my fam and seriously its SO hard NOT TO EAT EVERYTHING! hahaha and they give you sooo much! i think i did pretty well though!!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Today was a big disappointment...overate way too much and didn't exercise at all because I was running all day...I feel bloated and disgusting and am wondering if I will show a loss at all for this Monday or if I will be retaining water from the poor food choices I made today...time will tell I suppose...I am way too exhausted to do any exercise tonight, but tomorrow is a new day, and I plan to make the most of it!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Everyone

It seems like all of you are doing great. WTG!!!!!!!! Things are great here. Been exercising - working on getting the water in - this is hard for me. Had to weigh in Friday for another thread but now trying to stay off the scale til Monday. Something else that is hard for me. Well it is late but I am going to go do a walking tape.
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    well, haven't lost any weight, but I've been on the 30 day shred for 4 days now. Yeah, I know, 4 days isn't much, but hey...at least I'm doing it right? My husband is away on business for a week and I'm hoping that he'll see a difference when he gets back. He was supposed to be gone for 3 weeks and although I'm glad he's coming home sooner, 3 weeks gave me more of a chance to lose! hahahaa.

I DESPERATELY need to buy some groceries. My husband bought some stuff before he left and I don't know what he was thinking but he bought ALL junk food!

I'm reading all of your lists of healthy choices and WISH I had that over here--at least I can get some fruit and veggies though.
    ;
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Saturday I was a bit bad with my eating and ate way over my calories. Yesterday was my rest day of exercising so I hope it dosen't bit me in the butt for tomorrow's weigh-in. Today I will make an effort to work out harder and try to burn alot of calories but we'll see. I hope everyone else is keeping their heads up and doing well. I'll post back later today... Enjoy your Sunday! :flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Last week 152, this week, 151. Am not happy with myself. I got lax on the eating, lax on the exercising. I really should be at 149 - I HAVE to reach that by next week now!! And now the BF wants to come over with BBQ. -scowls- I can't wait till summer. Seriously. No classes will be gym and weight loss heaven if I put my mind to it. One month till then!!!
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I ate really well this week, but my energy level is so low today! I went to bed too late last night and got up too early this morning.... ugh. Any ideas on what to eat that's low in calories to give me a bit of a boost (besides caffeine)?

My lunch:

Preheat oven to 425F
    2 medium whole wheat tortillas
    rub them with a clove of garlic and a little bit of olive oil
    Spread on some tomato paste, sprinkle with crushed oregano
    sprinkle on some shaved fat-free turkey breast
    Add whatever veggies you like (I had mushrooms, red onion and red pepper)

Top with cheese of choice (I used a 1/2 cup of 2% mozzarella, I can't stand fat free cheese... yuck!)

Put it in the oven on a baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes or until your 'crust' is crispy enough for you

Soooo yummy!!!
  • FitMomRunning
    FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, everyone! Today is my official weigh in day and I'm going to stay off the scale until the next one. I was down 1.8 pounds this morning, a total shock! I was sure it would be less than a pound since I really didn't track much. But I'm back with it today so hopefully I can keep this pace for a while!

Today is also my rest day and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it.

Oh!! This morning I put on a skirt that I haven't worn in forever and was able to button it up easily without lying down. LOL And the waist was in the right spot! I was really excited. I can't wait to have more of those moments. :smooched:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Happy Sunday, everyone! Today is my official weigh in day and I'm going to stay off the scale until the next one. I was down 1.8 pounds this morning, a total shock! I was sure it would be less than a pound since I really didn't track much. But I'm back with it today so hopefully I can keep this pace for a while!

Today is also my rest day and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it.

Oh!! This morning I put on a skirt that I haven't worn in forever and was able to button it up easily without lying down. LOL And the waist was in the right spot! I was really excited. I can't wait to have more of those moments. :smooched:

Sounds like your on the right track! :drinker: Happy to hear about the skirt, see you can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    I ate really well this week, but my energy level is so low today! I went to bed too late last night and got up too early this morning.... ugh. Any ideas on what to eat that's low in calories to give me a bit of a boost (besides caffeine)?

My lunch:

Preheat oven to 425F
    2 medium whole wheat tortillas
    rub them with a clove of garlic and a little bit of olive oil
    Spread on some tomato paste, sprinkle with crushed oregano
    sprinkle on some shaved fat-free turkey breast
    Add whatever veggies you like (I had mushrooms, red onion and red pepper)

Top with cheese of choice (I used a 1/2 cup of 2% mozzarella, I can't stand fat free cheese... yuck!)

Put it in the oven on a baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes or until your 'crust' is crispy enough for you

Soooo yummy!!!

Sounds yummy, I make something similar to the above on whole wheat Roll-up's and it comes out so good. Glad to hear your week is going well keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Ugh. Last week 152, this week, 151. Am not happy with myself. I got lax on the eating, lax on the exercising. I really should be at 149 - I HAVE to reach that by next week now!! And now the BF wants to come over with BBQ. -scowls- I can't wait till summer. Seriously. No classes will be gym and weight loss heaven if I put my mind to it. One month till then!!!

You should be proud of a 1lb lose! That's great, you know how many calories you have to burn for that 1 lb?? 3,500 calories and that's alot... Don't be so critical on yourself atleast your not gaining, right? :flowerforyou: Your doing awesome and keep up the great work because you deserve it! :drinker:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    well, haven't lost any weight, but I've been on the 30 day shred for 4 days now. Yeah, I know, 4 days isn't much, but hey...at least I'm doing it right? My husband is away on business for a week and I'm hoping that he'll see a difference when he gets back. He was supposed to be gone for 3 weeks and although I'm glad he's coming home sooner, 3 weeks gave me more of a chance to lose! hahahaa.

I DESPERATELY need to buy some groceries. My husband bought some stuff before he left and I don't know what he was thinking but he bought ALL junk food!

I'm reading all of your lists of healthy choices and WISH I had that over here--at least I can get some fruit and veggies though.
    ;

It's ok if you haven't lose anything yet. Are you drinking your water, eating healthier and exercising? Look back at what your doing and see where it is that you need to improve or change. Don't worry before you know it you'll be on your way to losing! Don't get discouraged either it will happen... Keep it up!
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Just went out to eat at this tasty italian place with my fam and seriously its SO hard NOT TO EAT EVERYTHING! hahaha and they give you sooo much! i think i did pretty well though!!!

I know what you mean about trying not to eat everything! :laugh: Glad to hear you did well keep it up! :drinker:
  • Brandiann
    Options

Pizza, yummy I had a couple of slices yesterday and cheesecake and a drink so I consumed alot of unwanted calories. It's ok because I hardly eat that way and the next meal I had was a healthier one. 11,000 steps that awesome! :bigsmile: I'm proud of you, atleast your getting your exercise in so keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm going to try this one!
  • FitMomRunning
    FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Since Sunday is my official weigh in day I'll just do it now and count it as tomorrow. lol

Starting weight 04/13/09: 145.0
    90 day goal: 115.0

04/20/09: 143.2 (-1.8)
    04/27/09:
    05/04/09:
    05/11/09:
    05/18/09:
    05/25/09:
    06/01/09:
    06/08/09:
    06/15/09:
    06/22/09:
    06/29/09:
    07/06/09:
    Final weigh in 07/12/09:

Total loss to date: 1.8 pounds
  • Brandiann
    Options
    WOOT, WOOT! Awesome Job! :drinker: :drinker:
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OK since I'm stalled for 3 weeks I will give this a go---see if /i can "catch up"

starting weight on April 13 was 225.4

04/20/09:
    04/27/09:
    05/04/09:
    05/11/09:
    05/18/09:
    05/25/09:
    06/01/09:
    06/08/09:
    06/15/09:
    06/22/09:
    06/29/09:
    07/06/09:
    Final weigh in 07/12/09:

I like the idea of weekly weigh in and copied this from previous poster---someone who obviously has been in a group and knows you have to know where you started!!