THE Team Week 11 April 17-23

Options

Replies

• stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi, friends! Just a quick check in then off to church I go. Topaz - YAY!!!!! You're on your way! Hang in there and get better!

Lisa - Rain, schmain - its your birthday! YAY!!! birthday.gif And, you are ahead of schedcule weight loss wise! YAY!

Sheila - good to have you back. All your garden talk is making me want to get out there and plant something. However, same rules apply here. Nothing but maybe peas and spinach goes in the ground until after the first of May. So, I wait.....

Well everyone, today is my day off from exercise. ALready have had about six cups of water. Healthy breakfast - cottage cheese, pears and toast. dry toast.

Have a great Sunday! Talk to you all later!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Indianagranny!!!

and hello to everyone else...

CM I agree, Jr is due !! But I was so happy to see Mark Martin win.. That man has so much class.. I like him a lot.... All the drivers respect him, so nice to see... AZ is about 16 hrs drive wise. My husband's kids and family live there.. We honestly try to not go there that much.. Long story.. But we do love going to Vegas and California Speedway, my favorite place... But it's way to expensive.. So with the struggles of owning a home it's just not in the cards for us until I win the lottery which shall be soon :wink: "yeah right", but I am thinking positive..

I was reading the posts about shoes.. I am in need of a new pair... They are like 10 yrs old and I am not kidding.. The best pair of Nike's I have ever owned. During the week it's heels and flip flops and the only time I wear the workout shoes is when I work out... But I plan on the new shoes next weekend... Maybe, have to see how the funds are....

Well I am just going to finish up the cup of coffee and then out to the yard.. Its going to be 82 today.. I love Nevada....

Anita
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Sunday, wow, where did the weekend go? Oh, I know, spending hours on the phone Sat am trying to find a dentist to see hubby (broke a tooth) and taking one son to the pediatrician for a bad ear infection and working out and going to LI4G's for dinner... whew. So today I moved all 3 boys into their own rooms, took apart all the beds, moved all the dressers, etc etc etc. I'm pooped! I think I'll be glad when the weekend's over and I can rest!

Not doing good on my water today, need to hurry up and drink it all before it gets too close to bedtime.

Grilled country style pork ribs for dinner... yum yum! Love BBQ season!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Thanks Adopt4 for reminding me - I am trying to catch up on the water too. Whew - you have been busy girl - Take a break and drink that water.

Thanks Sheila, Anita , Kristi for the birthday wishes. Kristi not only did it rain all day but TOM decided to arrive during church and brought a massive migraine with it. I went shopping and made the best of the day anyway. Had a wonderful time. Got one of those scales body fat, hydration, etc. but I am not stepping on it till Friday. Don't want to even see the numbers right now I feel soooooooooooo bloated.

Sheila - what part of Jamica are you going to? Beautiful country. You are doing good girl with this program. You inspire me with the exercising bit.

Well I am off to do some cleaning - exercise this morning - wanted to do some more but I want to get some more things done. It is suppose to be 80 degrees next Friday. I want to be able to spend the day outside.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Sunday, wow, where did the weekend go? Oh, I know, spending hours on the phone Sat am trying to find a dentist to see hubby (broke a tooth) and taking one son to the pediatrician for a bad ear infection and working out and going to LI4G's for dinner... whew. So today I moved all 3 boys into their own rooms, took apart all the beds, moved all the dressers, etc etc etc. I'm pooped! I think I'll be glad when the weekend's over and I can rest!

Not doing good on my water today, need to hurry up and drink it all before it gets too close to bedtime.

Grilled country style pork ribs for dinner... yum yum! Love BBQ season!

Girl, you got a lotta family stuff going on! And whats with disassembling the furniture? Can't you just dust a little like me? :wink:

I had a beautiful afternoon. Sat out on the patio planning meals for next week. Had a nap. Listened to birds sing. Thought about exercise tomorrow. Grilled a pork chop, and had a lovely salad with it. I think I will go back out there for a while!

Lisa. BUMMER! That is no way to spend your 50th BD. So, I declare your birthday extended - you may have a birthweek. Enjoy!

Chanty, are you out there? I had cauliflower rice last night and thought of you. I need some new ideas. I tried to adapt miracle noodles to spaghetti alla carbonara - not such a good fit. :sick: I guess not sick, but definitely disappointing. :ohwell: Can't win em all.
  • stillkristi
    Options
    {Sigh} Things are pretty quiet around here on the weekends sometimes. pallapv9-1.gif

Guess I'll go to bed. NIght all. :yawn:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    So we got a couple new toys yesterday.... a couple 16 gig 3g iphones. Major upgrade from my POS nokia phone with no text, no camera, no internet.. LOL I am In LOVE with it!! Ive been downloading some cool apps for it including the free app called "Lose it" which is a mobile food & exercise log that works just like MFP. Put in my MFP goals and put it through test drive mode today! Im addicted! I also found an app for fast food nutrition info... for those emergency situations while Im out and about and need to grab a bite. Doesnt happen often, but when it does, at least now I am prepared and wont have to worry about picking the WORST thing on the menu thinking its not all that bad.

Got all my wogging podcasts downloaded to it and a new arm band and some new earbuds that are the shiznit!! Morgolis actually got the earbuds and decided he didnt like them... so I tried them out and told him he could have my old ones!! These ones loop over the ear, so at least I dont have to worry about them falling out when I wog.

Also got a new lawnmower for $100 at lowes... same kind as our old one, just rebuilt..LOL.. so if anything happens at least we have parts. Since we were at lowes, I did some plant shopping and got some apsaragus for the veggie garden and some flower tubers for the yard. Gonna plant those tomorrow... the weather here is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took the oldest prom dress hunting. THAT was an adventure. The only dress she found that she liked was $310 (50% off the original price!:noway: ) I cant blame her... it is so beautiful and fits her like a glove. I told her to call her dad and ask him what her budget was...:devil: (hey, he told her he would buy this years dress, since I got it for her last year! LOL) Shes praying they drop the price a little more since her prom isnt until May 30th and she has her dress from last year up on craigslist to sell... so who knows. Next week she might change her mind and decide she hates pink.. LOL Ohhh the fun of teenage girls!

oops.. almost forgot ....

Indianagranny
    1661257ilngqom64b.gif
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team..

Its me!!! bight and early LOL, I just got back from grocery shopping at 7:30 am and taking my son to school cuz his girlfriend didnt go today...

I am feeling much better I have had a very scarey weekend of being sick and my chest pains... I havent done much at all.. I am going to go to my water areobics today and I am going to go early so that I can get on the eliptical and but my bumm... since i havent really worked out hard in a few weeks although I did do water areobics last mon.. that is clearly not enough if I want to lose those 4 inches before we leave for Vacation..

Indianagranny - we are staying at the Sunset Jamacia Grande.. in Ocho Rios it is a beautiful Hotel That is were I meet My Husband 9 yrs ago in Feb.. and we married in May 9 yrs ago.. I have seen alot of places in Jamaica and I love it all.. His Family is from Clarendon Jamaica.. I love being in Jamaica..This time we aren't taking the kids with us...we are going with another Couple....we are going to try and go back at Christmas and take the children...

Kristi - Yeah!!! the Kids are back in school !!!! boy is my house Quite... I dont know what to do with myself but turn on all the TV's LOL

Li4g - congrates on the new Toys... and on the prom dress shoping I have to take my daughter this week her prom is next weekend nothing like waiting until the last minute LOL thanks to me being sick.. I wish her dad would pay something but thats only in my dreams..

well anyway take care Team... Let GET Up and start Excersicing
  • nitag
    Options
    Good morning teamies!!

I walked 2 miles this morning... Now I am off to get ready for work....

Hi Sheila and Kristi!!! We love being the early birds now don't we :noway:

Chat with ya all later...

Anita
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend, I know I sure did. It had been a really long time since just my sister and I got to hang out, since we're old married women now! LOL :laugh: It was really great. I got my hair cut, and we dyed it ourselves. Mine is now black, with blue streaks in it, and I like it a lot! My husband, not so much the fan yet though, he said "it's not my favorite thing you've ever done" but he'll get over it! :heart:

I'm so jealous of the new iphone purchase, I want one!!! :sad:

Well, happy Monday everyone!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Morning gang! I just wanted to have a quick cup of herb tea after breakfast with Anita, then off to exercise. :drinker: Just had a scrumptous breakfast - a sausage egg bake. The origional has pork sausage, two eggs per person and quite a bit of cheese. The modified version that I made had chicken apple sausage (Applegate Farms, kinda spendy, but very good!) one egg and one white, and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese anda spice as you like. I added curry and a few red pepper flakes, garlic and onion powder and fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Put in a little casserole dish and bake for 30 min. It was wonderful! Well, off to exercise. See you later!!

DWray - black with blue streaks? What kind of grand ole opery gal has that? :laugh: :wink: Way to be you!

Li4g - could you come and take a look at my yard when you get a minute? I could use some ideas...

Sheila - keep us posted on your health, girl!

All you all - love you!!!
  • nitag
    Options
    Kristi that sounds so yummy.. I am going to have to try and find that sausage..
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Just back from the gym, did 20 mins on the bike and then 25 on elliptical. My achilles tendon is getting better but I don't want to strain it when it's on the mend! The bike was harder than I thought, I had the resistance pushed up and man, it made my glutes hurt! But in a good way! No weights today, it's a beautiful sunny day and I"m taking the kids to the playground... want to enjoy the sunshine while we have it!!!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Kristi that sounds so yummy.. I am going to have to try and find that sausage..

They are great. You know how often chicken sausage can be dry? Well the apple makes these guys really nice and moist. A serving of 3 links is 140 calories. That beats the heck out of pork! The entire breakfast was 297 calories. Very filling and scrumptious.

Morning adopt4! How you doing?

I should mention, my exercise routine this am: 30 wall-aways (2 sets of 15) 60 crunches (3 sets of 20) stretches, (did that at the beginning and end) and 4 sets of the 21s with 15 reps per side. All in all, 30 minutes. I am thinking I really will get and HRM. Question, how important is it to have a chest strap? The reason I ask is {ahem} we full figure girls may not fit just any old strap. I know I mentioned that I belong to the IBTC, and I do, but I have a large chest w/o anything else to speak of if you see what I mean. Would love some advice from those of you that have these nifty devices already.

Well, gotta go to work. See ya later. :drinker: :drinker: 48 oz of water so far today.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    Kristi ~
    Question, how important is it to have a chest strap? The reason I ask is {ahem} we full figure girls may not fit just any old strap. I know I mentioned that I belong to the IBTC, and I do, but I have a large chest w/o anything else to speak of if you see what I mean. Would love some advice from those of you that have these nifty devices already.

Go to amazon.com and research. You do need a chest strap. The Polar one (F6) $109 that I have has differing sizes. I'm sure one would fit you - I bet if you go to the individual companies' websites they have the specifics of the length. It would surprise me if they didn't have one to fit. You aren't the only plus size person to ever want one. Let me know if they don't have one...I have other ideas. Also, you could call the 800 numbers and ask. They are worn below the bra line. Measure yourself at the smallest part of your body - usually 1-3 inches below your bra line. You could just use your bra length as a guesstimate. Whatever bra size you wear.

edit (surprise!) the chest straps are one inch elastic.

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `
  • DWray44
    Options
    The kind of gal that doesn't care! :tongue: Honestly, it looks pretty cool. Goes pretty well with my tattoo, LOL I've got a tattoo on my upper arm, well it takes up all of my upper arm actually, LOL It's the music to the banjo instrumental "Clinch Mountain Backstep". I've also got one on my arm that has Jack & Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas, but Sally is playing guitar and Jack is playing banjo, to kinda signify my husband and I...even has music notes with bat wings!

I've always been the odd one of my sisters, but I'm just me, all the time! :bigsmile:
  • DWray44
    Options
    Oops...guess I should have said that was to Kristi!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Kristi ~
    Question, how important is it to have a chest strap? The reason I ask is {ahem} we full figure girls may not fit just any old strap. I know I mentioned that I belong to the IBTC, and I do, but I have a large chest w/o anything else to speak of if you see what I mean. Would love some advice from those of you that have these nifty devices already.

Go to amazon.com and research. You do need a chest strap. The Polar one (F6) $109 that I have has differing sizes. I'm sure one would fit you - I bet if you go to the individual companies' websites they have the specifics of the length. It would surprise me if they didn't have one to fit. You aren't the only plus size person to ever want one. Let me know if they don't have one...I have other ideas. Also, you could call the 800 numbers and ask. They are worn below the bra line. Measure yourself at the smallest part of your body - usually 1-3 inches below your bra line. You could just use your bra length as a guesstimate. Whatever bra size you wear.

edit (surprise!) the chest straps are one inch elastic.

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `
    Thanks, my friend! :bigsmile:

No prob - DWray. I figured thats how you roll! :glasses:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Swignal- SOOOOOOO glad you are feeling better!! Great job getting back to the gym and getting moving! Ive never been to Jamaica so I am jealous jealous jealous!! As for the prom shopping, I made the mistake of taking 2 girls last minute shopping last year. The weekend before prom and I thought I was gonna kill them both by the time we left. I think its funny that her dad is suddenly "interested" in buying her dress...especially since he still thinks Florida is a possible move. (we havent said anything otherwise) He hasnt paid child support in 2 months now tho so I aint complaining when he offers to pay for stuff like that. CSE will catch up with him eventually, they usually do.

Dwray- Whoa girl! Blue streaks! You are brave, brave! I am LOLing at your hubby's reaction. That is great! Morgolis would say pretty much that same thing to me if I came home with blue hair.. LOL.. then he's prolly say "so how long you gonna leave it that way?" LOL The tat sounds cool. Morgolis and I got matching tats on our right shoulders when we got married. Its a customized tattoo of our star signs intertwined. Then on my 30th birthday, I got a small bat and a small butterfly added to it. Im thinkin about getting another one across my abdomen once I lose all the extra pounds. I got some pretty hardcore stretch marks to hide so not even sure they can do it, but if they can that would be awesome. Just not sure WHAT to put on there.

Kristi- send some pics.. I'd be happy to give you some idea's. My yard is my escape, so whenever It gets nice like today, I spend alot of time out there digging in the dirt. Gonna be planting alot of my veggies this week and of course doing more weeding. Those just NEVER stop! Cant do much tho. My left shoulder is still bothering me from last Wednesdays gym weights, so Ive been pretty careful not to overuse it and have just been stretching it alot. I'd say its about 80% there.

I got week 2 of the couch to 5k run done this morning. Man that felt great! Then I hit the elliptical for about 25 minutes. Ive been aiming for 1000 cals a day burned at the gym.. and YES I eat every last calorie back. throughout my day. :laugh:

Found a grocery shopping app for my phone that organizes coupons, so Ive been playing with that. Gotta save more money on groceries! This eating healthy is getting spendy.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    Li4g,

My best friend bought a 16g iTouch. Those are cool gadgets you got there. She doesn't have to pay for internet - does yours do that too? I love hers, it's really neat, looked at the food /calories app - tryng to convince her to lose the 60 lbs she needs to lose.....ain't gonna happen. :noway:

I just did the C25K W2 D3. I had to take off an extra recovery day (so I was off two days between) because I tried my Reeboks. I wish I had talked to you about their lack of cushioning BEFORE I used them. Thought I was going to die on my 4 mi run - which I converted to kilometers, and found I'm doing 6.4K ! Not very fast, 57 minutes, but shaving off time each time I go. And only doing the C25K for the first 30 min. Then 1 min run, 1:30 walk for the rest of the distance.

Did you find our new C25K thread? It just started last week, alot of us at about that same point. Yari and JamieRobertson are there, too.

Here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48769-couch-to-5k-group-starting-monday-april-13th

Afraid we will lose you now that you have the new toy.....:sad:

edit - what a surprise that is.....` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `