Day 1 of HCG

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    F. No we are not losing muscle tone
    I. After the conclusion of the three weeks of VLCD, you will resume exercise and begin to tone

So HCG stops Muscle Cannibalism? You'd think body builders would load up on it while cutting. Then also if you don't lose muscle tone why do you need to tone in point I? You are making a claim that HCG can do what no other diet can then.

I think you mean muscle catabolism, although I find muscle cannibalism funny since that's sort of what's going on I guess :)

I knew it was catabolism I just wasn't sure how to spell it and didn't want to have the grammar nazi card thrown at me! I didn't have access to my supplement that says on the side that it helps prevent muscle catabolism. :-D
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    If HCG reduces hunger and cravings, then why do pregnant women have both?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Pretty sure that is because they are around us men, which is enough to drive any woman to a food binge and moody.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    A lot of body builders have used HCG successfully to get more cut.

That is not the reason body builders use HCG, they take other drugs for cutting. They take HCG post steroid cycle to jump start their natural test production, or they take it during a steroid cycle to prevent their natural test production from stopping in the first place.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Fatassfairy:
    1. Essential Fat: the pads on the bottom of your feet and palms of your hands, as well as lining your internal organs so they don't rub up against your bones and get damaged
    2. Normal Fat: Typically the amount of fat an average person with a normal BMI will have - about 20-25% for women, and oh I can't remember, but around 15% for men I think
    3. Abnormal Fat: any fat you have above and beyond the norm for your BMI

HTH!

that would be excessive fat, fat cells are fat cells, abnormal fat cells would be a tumor.

Don't forget about the essential fats in your spinal column and behind your eyes.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    A lot of body builders have used HCG successfully to get more cut.

That is not the reason body builders use HCG, they take other drugs for cutting. They take HCG post steroid cycle to jump start their natural test production, or they take it during a steroid cycle to prevent their natural test production from stopping in the first place.

Interesting, I know it has other uses, Dr. Oz warned women from using it as a way to look younger.
    I just thought it was interesting.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Wow...I can't get over the negitive replies! I would NOT being doing this if...

1. It wasn't OK by doctor (I also work for a doctor as well)
    "Dr. A.T. Simeons, an English physician specializing in treating overweight patients...
    Sadly, some docs are misinformed, give poor advice, practice quackery and even lose their licenses.
  • janat92
    janat92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    With me personally i went on that diet and stuck with it for a month and didn't see any results. I did exactly what i was supposed to. Some of my friends went on it and it worked for them and now they look terrific! But i guess im just one of those people it dosn't work for, its not for everyone :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would think my Doctor would know how to use his own devise.

First, any idiot can use a bioimpedance machine, I am telling you they have been proven to be inaccurate. Body calipers are a lot more accurate so if you want a true reading ask for that.

also, why won't you provide me your starting measurements?

Thirdly, below is a thread from another forum that shows organs caloric requirements. And our bodies organs use 1200 calories a day, how is supplying 500 calories going to allow them to function proper?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=761009&page=1
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    PS- Will someone for the love of dog, please give me body fat and weight before and after numbers. I will very easy so immediate affects to metabolism very easily.
  • teagin2002
    Options
    wow, I am sorry but you come off like a very angry person I don't know if it is true. Why don't you have an apple that usually cheers me up.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

For the time being, HCG discussions remain an option for members in the Groups section. Please remember that even in Groups, all site wide rules must be correctly moderated, or the Group runs the risk of deletion. Specifically, endorsement of purchasing prescription supplements or medications without a prescription is in violation of the MyFitnessPal posting guidelines, which can be reviewed here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • leme1183
    Options
    I thought this was supposed to be a place you can go to find support and alk to people who like yourself want to lose weight, not to bash someones way of doing so. I have had nothing but support from people on MFP, it is discouraging to see people being so negative towards someone. Are we trying to push her away from asking for any kind of support?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Wow...I can't get over the negitive replies! I would NOT being doing this if...

1. It wasn't OK by doctor (I also work for a doctor as well)
    "Dr. A.T. Simeons, an English physician specializing in treating overweight patients, noticed that human chorionic gonadotropin mobilized abnormal fat in patients that were taking it for other conditions. After much research it was discovered that HCG corrects a poorly functioning hypothalamus gland so it can control your appetite and burn 2000 calories from the abnormal fat reserves. As the abnormal reserves are released, patients lose weight, the body reshapes itself and as a pleasant side benefit, often the energy, blood pressure, blood sugar and metabolism are restored to normal. Consequently, besides losing weight, migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, immunological and endocrinological conditions have reduced in intensity or disappeared."

"The HCG then takes abnormal fat that has been stored and changes it into an energy that the body can use. This is equal to burning 200 or more calories in a day. Continuous dieting or yo-yo dieting damages the body's natural ability to regulate weight. HCG stimulates the part of the brain that regulates weight and works to restore this ability. This prevents regaining the weight that is lost. As HCG makes the stored abnormal fat available for consumption, the body starts using the fat to live off of. The fat is now providing a source of energy similar to the energy provided by food consumption. Patients are instructed to consume no more than 500 calories from food intake per day. Because the abnormal fat has been turned into energy, the reduced calorie intake is not noticed, and hunger is not a side effect. The new energy source is equal to 3,500 calories being consumed on a daily basis.
    For the process to work, the individual must stay on a strict diet and remain under medical supervision. While about one pound of weight is lost per day, the weight loss does not always happen in an even manner." -EHOW.COM

2. I didn't know anyone who did it before
    *I have over 5 friends who have done this and lost their weight and they have all kept it off (some over a year now)

3. I had to do 500 calories for a long period of time (3 weeks is not long, besides it is no different than fasting),
    * The key is to slowly build your calorie level back up to a "normal" level

4. It had any type of human hormone in it (mine 100% hormone free)

5. I thought this was a quick "win"/way to lose weight (I am simpling using it to get a jump start on weight loss and I know there is
    not a quick solution regarding losing weight)

I am not knocking anyone elses diet/way to lose weight, so please if you do not have anything positive to say then don't reply. I have done my research on this and all I simply asked for was advice not negitive feedback. To each its own!

The FDA states otherwise. In fact, synthetic HCG is banned by the FDA and the state there is NO proof that it has a direct effect in weight loss. Starving yourself is what makes you lose weight.
  • CBranson0503
    Options
    three people in my office did this. One guy lost 45lbs and has since gain at least half of it back. Another girl that did this only lost 10lbs on this program (I think she cheated a lot more than she admitted). While doing the HCG program she lost almost all friends she had in the office because of her cranky and sometimes downright evil behavior. The other girl that tried it gave up after two weeks because her husband was fed up with her acting crazy.
  • Alyshahmr
    Options
    I would not recommend this approach to any weight loss program. I am a true believer in eating healthy and exercise. I am not saying that we always do this but that should be the approach we use to get the a healthier self. It is not just what is on the scale but how you are treating your vital organs like your heart, liver, kidneys. Your body requires a certain amount of nutrients to be able to function properly and this is not the way.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    What do you after you lose weight and stop the injections? You can't eat only 500 calories forever.
    Just sayin'...:flowerforyou:
  • teagin2002
    Options
    Hi angelapolite,

after you stop the HCG you will have to wait 3 days staying on the 500 calorie diet with no HCG to ween it out of the system, then eat your regular BMI calories for your activity level.
    Mine is 2000 calories/day unless I exercise then I eat more
  • teagin2002
    Options
    I know there is a lot of info on here like 7 pages worth, but if you read through all that has already been answered. Also there is an open group for HCG, feel free to join us with any questions you may have over there.
    :smile:
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    PS- Will someone for the love of dog, please give me body fat and weight before and after numbers. I will very easy so immediate affects to metabolism very easily.

I started at 36.8% (according to Dr. with the fat pinchers, my omrom thingie said 39%) I'm at 26-28% depending on device/calibers/fat tester thing. It's been 91 days. I didn't use HCG though.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    Hi angelapolite,

after you stop the HCG you will have to wait 3 days staying on the 500 calorie diet with no HCG to ween it out of the system, then eat your regular BMI calories for your activity level.
    Mine is 2000 calories/day unless I exercise then I eat more

Thanks! I'm not judging anyone's diet preference. I just been down the "fad diet" route, it didn't work for me. But that's JUST ME:flowerforyou:
    Congrats on your loss! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.