Are you a follower or leader?

Just something I have been thinking of today. I see a lot of people who view themselves as leaders and that feel they are in their rightful position to have followers. There are \ also people who don't mind following someone whether their aware of it or not.

Me personally, I am neither. I feel uncomfortable when people try to follow me and being a follower is/will never be my cup of tea. I like doing things differently from everyone else whether or not someone is agrees with me and I always stand strong behind it.

Would you say your a follower or leader? Why?

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    what if I'm a leader, but didn't really choose the position?
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    I'm a follower, but never "blindly"
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Neither. I have no desire to lead, and I really dislike following.
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    I'm more like you, not comfy being a leader, but not trying to just jump up and follow someone either. I like being different. If they say banana I say apple if they say apple I say coconut.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    As far as transforming from a fat boy to a fit boy, I have been there, so when I talk to others on this site who are starting out, struggling, or following some misguided diet advice, I'm a leader.

As far as getting to the next level with strength training and considering things like bulking and cutting, I am a follower of a handful of people here who have been there.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Just something I have been thinking of today. I see a lot of people who view themselves as leaders and that feel they are in their rightful position to have followers. There are \ also people who don't mind following someone whether their aware of it or not.

Me personally, I am neither. I feel uncomfortable when people try to follow me and being a follower is/will never be my cup of tea. I like doing things differently from everyone else whether or not someone is agrees with me and I always stand strong behind it.

Would you say your a follower or leader? Why?

I think I am of the same mindset .. I am neither. I don't follow "just to fit in" .. never did, never will. I can't say I am a leader really either ... Can't really picture myself waving my hand and saying .. "come on people, let's do this!!" .. unless I've had a couple a tequilas, I wanna dance like a maniac.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I walk to my own beat. Always have.

Sometimes I will follow someone, sometimes I have followers.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    I have no interest in being a leader, but I'm not always a follower. Depends on the leader and situation before I will follow...
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member

This. Don't really want to be the leader, but rather hide in the shadows.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    I am both... (funnily enough we're taught the principles and concept of followership and leadership and how they wrok together and how to be a good leader you must be a good follower and in some instances, vice versa)

As we all have a boss to report to, but lots of us also have subordinates... we have to be both. It doesn't make us any less of a character to be a follower and it doesn't make us a horrible bossy agressive person to be a leader! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    I'd follow you anywhere..................:flowerforyou:

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    I'm a leader. Either follow or get left behind for the zombies to pound you into oblivion.
  • bry_all01
    As far as transforming from a fat boy to a fit boy, I have been there, so when I talk to others on this site who are starting out, struggling, or following some misguided diet advice, I'm a leader.

As far as getting to the next level with strength training and considering things like bulking and cutting, I am a follower of a handful of people here who have been there.

Ok, I might follow you, but very few others as I'm not good at following any.... oh, a bird!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    Neither. I'm a loner.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Each phase of one's life can be a diffrent situation and they be followers in some situations and leaders in others...For example, one can be a leader at work, a follower at home, Some folks adapt to what is needed.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    lone-wolf-embroidered-patch.jpg

I like people but I don't want to have to deal with them and I don't want to follow anyone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    I'm a leader. I have to be because I have to motivate and inspire. Whether at work or not. I've pretty much always been this way. That doesn't mean I don't take directions or listen to criticism. It means I don't wait for anyone to make the move and I am always proactive towards whatever endeavor I'm trying to achieve at the time.

IDEA Fitness member
  • follower -- fur sure. even my dog knows this! (trying to "fix" that with her at least-- lol)
  • bry_all01
    I'm a leader. I have to be because I have to motivate and inspire. Whether at work or not. I've pretty much always been this way. That doesn't mean I don't take directions or listen to criticism. It means I don't wait for anyone to make the move and I am always proactive towards whatever endeavor I'm trying to achieve at the time.

IDEA Fitness member

you are one of the few others I would follow. As for any others, not so much.
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Don't look at me. I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead.