Day 1 of HCG

Options

Replies

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I really hope that you all are not wanting me or anyone else whom has had great results on this diet to gain anything back. It sure does sound that way...

I can understand your skepticism, especially since I was exactly where you all were (to the skeptics), I called each company till I got someone who would answer my questions then called them for a bout a month talking to each rep to see if anything is going to change, and it didn't. These people were always so nice, professional and never tried to push me to buy anything. I hope that is not what you think I am trying to do here too. It was because of their help and my doctor I am here today.

I did read the post about muscle loss, and I don't mind that at all because I weigh so much as a size 8 US jean for some one at my height.

Anyway I wish you all well and I hope you do the same for me even though I have had success on HCG.

:smile:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I really hope that you all are not wanting me or anyone else whom has had great results on this diet to gain anything back. It sure does sound that way...

I can understand your skepticism, especially since I was exactly where you all were (to the skeptics), I called each company till I got someone who would answer my questions then called them for a bout a month talking to each rep to see if anything is going to change, and it didn't. These people were always so nice, professional and never tried to push me to buy anything. I hope that is not what you think I am trying to do here too. It was because of their help and my doctor I am here today.

I did read the post about muscle loss, and I don't mind that at all because I weigh so much as a size 8 US jean for some one at my height.

Anyway I wish you all well and I hope you do the same for me even though I have had success on HCG.

:smile:

The thing is, I don't have skepticism. I have proof that this diet adversely affects your health as shown by the numbers. And in all honesty, I don't really care is people do this diet because it's their choice. I just like them to understand that you screw up your metabolism and kills muscle. Two things I know I don't want to part with. Because at the end of the day, weight doesn't make you look good in a bathing suit, muscle does. Musle gives you abs and definition and a smaller waist line.

I am glad you swear by this program, but in the end there are many other ways to produce the same result without the 500 calorie restrictive diet.

ps- thanks for giving me those numbers. I appreciate this good debate.
  • pearlyb
    pearlyb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Obesity is dangerous. Obesity related diseases kill people everyday. Losing weight is a struggle for many people. I am not sure why these people are on here with their comments. I believe most people on HCG has seen the research but we have also seen people we know and love have great success. Every surgery that people have has risks, but if you have a choice of extended your time here on earth, I would take it with risks that are minimal and so would millions of people everyday.

I am not going to argue for HCG although, the skeptics have not giving me a reason to stop the diet. But I will say, thank you for your opinion. We have heard you, please enjoy your life.

Thanks
  • teagin2002
    Options
    @ psulemon;
    I have a question for you, If I hadn't lost any muscle how much should I weigh now as a size 8. I know that muscle weighs more than fat and as my frame is very large to begin with I don't think that outcome would have been what I were looking for.

So please do the calculations for me, I am 5'4 with a very large frame, and I used to weigh 283 with body fat % of 43%.

Thank you, do you mind if I friend you, I think you would be a good resource.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I'm totally blown away that people buy into the easy fix mentality. It's 2011 and people are still just as naieve as they were 50 years ago even though we have much more knowledge and information to base our decisions on....sad really.
  • dimpleschick
    dimpleschick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Taking hormones can be dangerous. I hope you are under medical supervision on this diet. Any diet under 1200 is really too low. I am not trying to talk anyone out of any choice they are making. I can just see the lawyers commercials in the future: "if you took HCG diet and have (fill in any sort of medical problem), call 555-5555 right now! You may have a law suit!!!!"
  • teagin2002
    Options
    wow I am surprised that you guy are so unfriendly. It is unfortunate! and I am not talking about being friendly towards the diet, just having common courtesy towards us as people.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    wow I am surprised that you guy are so unfriendly. It is unfortunate! and I am not talking about being friendly towards the diet, just having common courtesy towards us as people.
    Folks are criticizing the practice, not the person. No need to take it personally. :flowerforyou:
  • teagin2002
    Options
    We are supposed to wish the best for each other I know that is why I am here. I will pray for all of you on here whom have decided to hope that all the hard work I have put in to loosing 112 lbs and maintaining an 110 lbs loss is wasted, and that I gain it back.

I mean did not see my results, I am not talking about supporting the diet by all means, but I am talking about supporting me and wishing the best for me. I worked very hard to get to where I am today.

I still wish the best to all of you and I am very saddened by the out come of this post.
  • emmiee921
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:
    1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.

2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.

4. An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner :
    The same four choices as lunch (above.)

This is the diet i looked up for this, and it really looks silly. like you can have one vegetable, spinch has almost no calories so do most of the other vegetables so you should be allowed more then just one.

and no breakfast isnt good, everyone knows that.
    you can lose weight in a much healthier weight, there is no need to rush. if you are strict and are able to stick to this diet im sure you can stick to a diet say around 1200 calories which may take a little longer
  • teagin2002
    Options
    What is being said is that we will gain it all back, and we will get sick with other illnesses, what is all that about. This is not why this thread was started, it was meant to be a place to get support and encouragement, good wishes and hope of wellness.
  • teagin2002
    Options
    regardless of the way, I am a person whom has completed all and has gotten great success, why would anyone wish illness or that all my hard work is gone frivolous.
  • teagin2002
    Options
    I say it is a shame that you feel its ok to feel this way for others whom have worked very hard let alone feel comfortable enough to share it on a public post.

Have a good night to all of you!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    @ psulemon;
    I have a question for you, If I hadn't lost any muscle how much should I weigh now as a size 8. I know that muscle weighs more than fat and as my frame is very large to begin with I don't think that outcome would have been what I were looking for.

So please do the calculations for me, I am 5'4 with a very large frame, and I used to weigh 283 with body fat % of 43%.

Unfortunately, there is no equation that will allow me to say you should be this weight to be this size. Bone structure plays a huge role in that and if you have wider hips it will play a huge role. My wife was 160 at size 8 and a size 4" at her current 130 and she is small framed.
  • tgacuzana
    Options
    I did HCG and lost a wonderful 30lbs and felt great. Many, too many infact say it's so unhealthy... IF one is smart in the quality of protien & calories put in and the amts eatin during your day and the consumption of water/tea... it's awesome!!! I did the drops under the tongue and they were perfect. I did it in the morning while getting ready for work(you hold em under your tongue for a while) & then no eating or drinking at least 15 mins after.
    I ended up falling off the wagon due to being weak and just giving into temptations and kids & BF giving me "oh just try alittle bit"
  • teagin2002
    Options
    @ psulemon;

Unfortunately, there is no equation that will allow me to say you should be this weight to be this size. Bone structure plays a huge role in that and if you have wider hips it will play a huge role. My wife was 160 at size 8 and a size 4" at her current 130 and she is small framed.

I never asked for anyone's approval at all, no one did.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    @ psulemon;

I never asked for anyone's approval at all, no one did.

Was that supposed to be directed at me? If so, I am confused... :indifferent:
  • UhTania
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck on HCG. I think you can lose and maintain. It's all about a lifestyle change with the diet. I've strictly done the diet, with and without HCG, and have had success maintaining a loss of around 35-40. Since May 2010, I have stayed within a few pounds of my goal weight. If the diet works for you (as it did for me), way to go!!!

For maintaining, I typically stay close to the diet and eat anything high protein avoiding carbs (except green veggies and fruit). I eat what I want maybe once every 10 days then resume this eating plan.

Good luck!!!
  • Primm
    Primm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I didn't post my results:
    final weight: 171 lb
    height: 5'4"
    Fat %: 24%
    chest: 38", 36D did not change from start weight 283lbs
    waist: 26"
    hip: 38"

# of calories eaten on average since being off HCG 2100
    current weight 172.

I followed it to a T and these are my results. After the VLCD part is over your metabolism will adjust to what you are supposed to be eating according to your BMR and activity level.

Please see below pics start weight 283 lbs size 24 us pant 08/2010:

These photos were taking this month weight 172lbs size 8 us pant:

Good luck and it is worth it to stick to it.

You look awesome! Now do me a favour.

Take some photos in the same dress in 2 years time, and post them here. Then I may believe there is some legitimacy in this "system".

Losing weight, and maintaining a healthy sustainable lifestyle, are two totally different things.
This discussion has been closed.