Random things that peeve you

Options

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    When men don't hold the door for women....

women who don't then reach over and unlock the man's door from inside the car.

/Bronx Tale
    Doesn't everyone have automatic locks these days?

My peeve is people who don't know how to use a four-way stop correctly. (Or maybe they know how, but just don't want to wait their turn.)

And people who stand in my way in stores.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    turds who stop in the middle of the grocery store aisle without pushing over so you can get by them. listne lady maybe YOU need 20 mins deciding which beans to buy but i gotta get the hell out of this place NOW!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I HATE it when I hold the door for someone and they don't say "thank you". I always say "you're welcome" anyway just to spite them.

:laugh: I do that too!! ha ha or when you are in a checkout line and the cashier is a jerk... I always say "And YOU have a very nice day" when they don't. I may not always be in the best mood at my job, but a big part of my pay check goes toward CUSTOMER SERVICE so I smile and say have a good day...even when I'm not having one. It's what I get paid to do :laugh:
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I HATE it when I hold the door for someone and they don't say "thank you". I always say "you're welcome" anyway just to spite them.

Reverse for me... the people who don't hold the door for me when I leave the garage when they see you coming.
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    people walking realllllyyyyy sllooowwwllyyyyyyy down busy shopping streets, espcially at xmas time - MOVE PERSON I AM IN A RUSH!!!

People that stop and talk in front of doors without paying attention that people want to get in or out that door!!

Along those lines, people who get off escalators and STOP. Hello! I'm behind you, *kitten*!

Also, people that don't watch or control their kids in the grocery store and get mad when I nearly hit them with my cart. Get a grip, parents!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    There's not enough room on the MFP server for me to list all mine... :laugh:
  • jwaltz13
    Options
    miserable people who say they "like" being negative and for some reason have a problem with positive/optimistic people. I know way too many of these individuals. :huh: What's their real problem!? sheesh.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I HATE when people ask me a question that they already knows the answer to..the girl I'm dating does this. She's a teacher (not sure if that's relevant) and she came over to go to the movies yesterday. I saw her coming up the walk way so I came outside. She asked me if i saw her coming up the walkway! UGGGHH!!

My brother does this all the time. It drives me bonkers..

Also..saggy pants..the WORST FAD EVER! I hate it hate it hate it!
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    When people wait till the last minute to get over when they know the lane is ending! Also, when people walk in the middle of the lane in a parking lot..are you daring me to run you over? Cause I just might...LOL Kidding...
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options

Should whomever gets to the door first open it? Regardless of sex?
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It's safe to say that my "peeve" is gender roles and expectations.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Loose vs Lose.

your vs you're

and trust me, I am no english major!

Those, plus

their vs there vs they're
    "I seen it" vs "I saw it"
  • nikki91950
    Options
    i HATE when you ask somebody something, and they give you an answer that's completely irrelevant to your question, or you ask just a simple yes or no question, and they don't answer with just a yes or no -_-
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

women who don't then reach over and unlock the man's door from inside the car.

/Bronx Tale

I was just thinking about this the other day. My husband asked me to stop doing that for him when we were dating, lol.
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When my MIL visits, calls, or is spoken of.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

YES.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

I think so. In fact, a nice lady held the door for me this morning.
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    OLD PEOPLE!!!

Not all, but some are so bloody rude! One walked into me with a shopping trolly then looked at me in disgust and tutted! Then i held a door open for one and she looked at me like i wanted to mug her!

And cake makers!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    When people wait till the last minute to get over when they know the lane is ending! Also, when people walk in the middle of the lane in a parking lot..are you daring me to run you over? Cause I just might...LOL Kidding...
    This! Sooooo this!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

I open the door for guys and gals. For me, its whoever gets to the door first.