Random things that peeve you

Options

Replies

• GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    People who don't respect your personal space. Like when I'm in line at the grocery store and the person behind me is literally standing close enough to lick the back of my head.... MOVE BACK!! Also, people who get right up close to your face when they talk to you. I used to work with a lady who did this. I'd keep backing up but she would just keep getting closer and closer! The only time you should be that close to someone's face is if you are going to kiss or if you're engaged in an intense staring contest.

Have you ever considered that you might have a highly lickable head?
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    When men don't hold the door for women....

Should whomever gets to the door first open it? Regardless of sex?

YES.

Bugs the hell out of me when women expect men to hold doors. Do they not realize that places them in a subordinate position? What, you can't walk through the door yourself, princess?

To answer the question...I feel whomever reaches the door first should open it.

Now...It bothers me more when a man lacks the courtsey to open a door for a lady. Maybe I'm old school. Perhaps that just happens to be my pet peeve. ehhhh...you may call me princess but I prefer Queen.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    It's safe to say that my "peeve" is gender roles and expectations.

I'll second this for myself.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    People who don't turn on their headlights in the rain. How do you not know that you are pretty much invisible in a heavy downpour, it doesn't matter that it's daytime. It's ticketable offense in Virginia but I still people driving around like idiots.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people say they could care less. Really?
    If I don't care about something, I really COULDN'T care less.
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    I hate when I try to vent to people about how I'm feeling and they totally disregard everything I have said and get pissy with me for complaining. For real. I'll listen to anyone about anything, I would like the same respect.

Totally understand and feel the same way!

If you're good enough friends to vent to each other aren't you good enough friends to disagree without "feeling" offended?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    People.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Loose vs Lose.

your vs you're

and trust me, I am no english major!

angel vs angle

orgasm vs organism (lol, how many were scared in science class of making this mistake)
    THIS! :grumble:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I hate when people mean to type "cannot" or "did not" and forget to type "not", so they end up typing, "I can stand it", when they mean the opposite!
  • ksubbert
    ksubbert Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Couples that sit on the same side of a booth.

My drive thru order being wrong.

When a guy uses the urinal right next to mine and there are others available.

People that swear around my kids.

Noone vs. No one

People that take up 2 parking spaces because their car is just too cool.

When I can't find the remote.

Paying to take luggage on a plane.

People that refer to things as "gay".

At work: People that prolong meetings or office training by asking 1000 questions.

People that want to show me something on my computer, use their fingers to point to the screen and leave fingerprints.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Santa hats on adults!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When men don't hold the door for women....
    I've gotten roasted for holding the door for a lady at a store, because of the whole independence thing... there were 10 other doors she could have gone through if she wanted to open the door herself. As it wasn't done to offend, I don't care if the person 5 steps behind me is young, old, ancient, a young mom with a stroller, an older person with their walker, someone with their hands full, they are that close behind me I'm holding the door it's just polite.

The headlight thing is a BIG nuisance here, there are tons of folks who turn on the parking lights rather than have the headlights run (daytime running) but don't seem to realize that they have no tail-lights when they do that. It's very obvious the difference in visibility when you can see the car behind them (twice the distance) who does have their lights on...
  • trazrene
    Options
    Couples that sit on the same side of a booth.

My drive thru order being wrong.

When a guy uses the urinal right next to mine and there are others available.

Noone vs. No one

People that take up 2 parking spaces because their car is just too cool.

When I can't find the remote.

Paying to take luggage on a plane.

People that refer to things as "gay".

At work: People that prolong meetings or office training by asking 1000 questions.

People that want to show me something on my computer, use their fingers to point to the screen and leave fingerprints.

Wow! I agree on everything except for the urinal part, well, because I don't use urinals!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options

THIS ^^
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Not being able to correct some of the atrocious grammar/spelling I see on here.

And on the flipside, when people make fun of simple typos others make. I can spell, but sometimes my brain works faster than my fingers.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    I hate when I try to vent to people about how I'm feeling and they totally disregard everything I have said and get pissy with me for complaining. For real. I'll listen to anyone about anything, I would like the same respect.

Totally understand and feel the same way!

If you're good enough friends to vent to each other aren't you good enough friends to disagree without "feeling" offended?
    I so agree with Mike on this!

And to add another to my list, the fact that when I try to quote someone on here, it doesn't say who I quoted.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    static radio ....... ugh
  • brunzella92
    brunzella92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I HATE it when I hold the door for someone and they don't say "thank you". I always say "you're welcome" anyway just to spite them.

This is my BIGGEST one too! I say the same thing to them!!! My other one is when people just hang up on the phone without saying bye!!!! Forgot a big one...when i go to get coffee at the drive thru, now i'm asking them to do LESS work, and they INSIST on giving me sugar in my coffee :( Ruins my morning!!!
  • kimletton11
    kimletton11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The thing that probably irritates me the most is when I miss a call and then immediately try to call the # back and they don't answer...what did you do? Throw your phone and run?!?!

I cannot stand the toilet seat being left up...it's just downright rude.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Loose vs Lose.

your vs you're

and trust me, I am no english major!

I'm no English either....I can't stand this!!!!!
    Along with: there, their, and they're