Thanksgiving Challenge - 08/17-11/23 // (CLOSED GROUP)

Replies

• jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    AWESOMENESS!!!
    dajndae has met her Thanksgiving goal with an extra pound lost to spare!! CONGRATS!!!
  • jrnygirl
    136 today. 134 *is* posssible by Thanksgiving, and 130 *is* possible by Christnas........trying very hard to stay motivated!

Is it next week that we measure again?

We actually measure today. i think i'm gonna burn my measuring tape in the fireplace tonight.... *sigh*
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    136 today. 134 *is* posssible by Thanksgiving, and 130 *is* possible by Christnas........trying very hard to stay motivated!

Is it next week that we measure again?

You can do it! :flowerforyou: Measure today.
    AWESOMENESS!!!
    dajndae has met her Thanksgiving goal with an extra pound lost to spare!! CONGRATS!!!

WTG Amy!!! And thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Oh Shoot, didn't realize we were supposed to measure this round! I will tonight or tomorrow morning and update! :)
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Way to go Ash!

I'm down 1 1/2 pounds this week . . .

but considering yesterday was my 39th birthday (and friday my son turned 14) i'm thrilled with that!!! :-)

Hope everyone had a good week and month with measurements!

-Amy

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • quietlywinning
    Oh Shoot, didn't realize we were supposed to measure this round! I will tonight or tomorrow morning and update! :)

Me too! Will do and will report......a day late and hopefully an inch or so short!
  • quietlywinning
    This week's measurements:

MEASUREMENTS:
    Neck: 11.5
    Chest (men, & women-beneath breasts): 31
    Bust (women across breasts): 37
    Waist: 29
    Hips: 33
    Upper arm: 11
    Forearm: 9
    Thighs: 21
    Calves: 12
  • oops! Just read we were suppose to do measurements last week.. Sorry didnt get my done.

Well I'm finally under 200 - Yay Me!! I'm at 198.4.... :-)
  • jrnygirl
    oops! Just read we were suppose to do measurements last week.. Sorry didnt get my done.

Congrats on getting into Onederland! :)
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member

woo hoo!!!
    way to go!
  • quietlywinning
    We're in the home stretch, everyone!! How are you all doing with preparing for this week? I'm trying to get some extra exercise in most days, leaving myself a bit more of a deficit each day than normal, and am carefully planning Thursdays menu to be a treat but not a sabotage. Whew! I'm keeping my deficit to 100-200 under goal, rather than keeping it as close to goal as possible. Instead of doing one dvd, I'm doing 2 every other day. Today I can hopefully get outside and walk, if the weather cooperates. And fresh veggies are on the menu for Thursday - I'll start with a cup of raw veggies as an appetizer, then enjoy just a little of everything else.

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • AshDHart
    We're in the home stretch, everyone!! How are you all doing with preparing for this week?

Just continuing to focus on water and calories. I've also been working on increasing my protein the last week and I will continue on with that. Been more active the last few weeks and I'm hoping to keep it up so I can increase that too.

As of this morning I'm down 23 lbs from when we started. So, even though I won't make my original goal of 34 lbs I'm not complaining one bit! I'm not under 300lbs like I had hope to be now but I know I can do it!

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • quietlywinning
    We're in the home stretch, everyone!! How are you all doing with preparing for this week?

Just continuing to focus on water and calories. I've also been working on increasing my protein the last week and I will continue on with that. Been more active the last few weeks and I'm hoping to keep it up so I can increase that too.

As of this morning I'm down 23 lbs from when we started. So, even though I won't make my original goal of 34 lbs I'm not complaining one bit! I'm not under 300lbs like I had hope to be now but I know I can do it!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Way to go on being down 23 pounds!! You can do this - you ARE doing this!
  • jrnygirl
    Way to go girls! Looks like we'll have several successes to celebrate come this Wednesday. :flowerforyou:
  • quietlywinning
    Still 135 today. Sigh. One pound over what I wanted for today, but still........great challenge! It sure helped keep me focused! Are we supposed to measure today? I think I will.....:laugh:
  • Was hoping to be at 195 by this time but I'm at 197.0 instead.... but not complaining! :happy:
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    i lost 1/2 pound this week. making me down a total of 19 1/2 pounds of the challenge.
    I've never done measurements before this challenge and it's amazing to see where all the weight went!

Thanks!
  • AshDHart
    Not sure how I did this but I'm down 4 lbs since last week! :happy:

Didn't hit my goal of 33.8 lbs but I am down 25.2 lbs so I really can't complain! :bigsmile: I've also lost a total of 14"!

Hope everyone is doing well and for those of you celebrating Thanksgiving have a happy one and don't put back on the lbs!

Thanksgiving.png
  • quietlywinning
    Thank you for the great challenge! It really helped me keep on track when my internal motivation was starting to wane!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Well, I checked out mentally for awhile there, mostly from the kidney problems I started having. I ended up at 187 which is about 5 lbs down, I'll take it!!!

I didn't dance with the turkey this year but here is a funny video I found as a consolation:
    http://www.break.com/break-originals/other-funny-stuff/inappropriate-uses-for-an-unused-turkey-2230028