Thinner for Thanksgiving! 7 week challenge

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• Mandalicious
    Options
    Yay for that bit of weight gone last week, Joe! I need to get that on our spreadsheet here soon...

Wimberley - I hear you on losing the last bit. I still want to get about 11 pounds off and it's tough. I find I have a really hard time sticking to 1200 calories of eating without doing exercise to earn a few more.

Dave - You look AMAZING!! I LOVE seeing this new you! Thanks for posting that pic!

I had date night with my husband tonight (every Monday - the one night we are away from our boys each week). He had a caramel vodka milkshake with bourbon-soaked cherries. Woah - it looked incredibly good. I had one taste, but that was it. I stuck to my pickled veggies, arugula salad, and mussels. They were yummy, too. Still went over my calories today (had to estimate dinner) since I coudn't get a workout in. But tomorrow I hit the gym and try to burn some of those away!!

Hope everyone is doing well this week!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options

Dave - You look AMAZING!! I LOVE seeing this new you! Thanks for posting that pic!

Thanks Mandy - I'm finally starting to see this. Although I have a lot of belly left to lose, I'm finally starting to feel like a normal human beeing (haha, and one that actually looks like his siblings!). I haven't seen my one brother (shorty in the photo) since July when I was 40 pounds heavier as well as my brother-in-law (not pictured). Both had great things to say and I enjoyed hearing it. Gives me strength and motivation to keep going!
  • kmvp08
    kmvp08 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    By the way, here are some links that have good tips for staying on track during the holidays -- I think a lot of those tips can also be applied to your situation! :smile:

http://www.tomvenuto.com/articles/holiday_survival_guide.shtml

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/10-tips-to-deal-with-holiday-weight-gain.html

Great links, thank you!
  • kmvp08
    kmvp08 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Today's weigh in = 228.8 (back up a little bit). Still keeps me in my goal for the challenge.

Goal weight for New Years Challenge =221 pounds. That will officially take me from "OBESE" to just "OVERWEIGHT" according to the bmi calculator.

With today's weigh in I am not updated my ticker as hopefully some of this is just water weight. I'll update next week no matter what (gain or loss).

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I'm off to work!

Dave
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Today's weigh-in was 128.5. Holy Schmole! That's a 3.5 lb gain in two days! I am going to assume it's a lot of water from the salty foods. Back on track today, though! Already negotiating with my husband about when I can get my exercise in during the next few days. I learned a lesson last night - overeating sucks. I felt so unbelievably full and uncomfortable. Ahhhhhh. Knowing that I have actually changed my eating habits is such a comfort for the long haul.
    For the next challenge, I am starting at 128.5 (but keep in mind that I weighed 125 two days ago!), and my GOAL is 123.5. I want something that is realistic during this holiday season.

****IMPORTANT*** I am starting a new thread called "New Year, New Me!" for the continuing challenge. I am not going to do the mini-challenges since I am fresh out of ideas but we'll keep it open for anyone else to suggest. Look forward to ending this year of 2011 on a strong note!
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Happy Turkey day everyone!!! Hopefully everybody enjoyed their family, friends and those delicious meals :happy: Not sure if we were supposed to weigh in yesteday but I gained a lb 205.5 I didn't get to my goal but that's ok with me...I'm happy that I lost as much as I did. For the New Years challenge I will keep the goal from this challenge. See you guys on the new thread!:drinker:
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Looking good Dave! Glad to see that you are able to enjoy the benefits of your weight loss...Congratulations!!! :drinker:
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 148.8 this morning, which is still up from 2 weeks ago...but almost back down to where I was before the gain! And that's after a week of temptations and lots of good Thanksgiving food, so I'm happy with that! Didn't quite make my goal of 146 though by T'giving though. Excited to get back on track with the new challenge! I think we all did great overall, and I look forward to a few more weeks with you! =)
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post on Friday...

Sept. 30: 269.8
    Oct 07: 269.8
    Oct 14: 267.8
    Oct 28: 268.8
    Nov 04: 267.0
    Nov 11: 265.4
    Nov 18: 265.0
    Nov 25: 265.0

Managed not to mess it up on T-Day!!!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    God I forgot to post..this weekend was CRAZY i worked fri-sun and babysat on the side friday night and saturday night. craziness! I stayed the same weight wise this last week. So I went from 128 to 124.4! Yay!!!!!!!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Mandy when are you starting the new years challenge you want to do? I already said I am in and I am definitely looking forward to it!
  • samwelli
    Options
    sorry i have been unable to post for quite some time. I hope everyone else made it through Turkey day. We had 23 people to consume a 24 pound turkey, a roast beef and a lasagna... did I mention my wife is a little Italian?
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Hey, old pals! After hearing from the majority of our group, I posted our final Thanksgiving results today.
    Biggest congrats to Mimi and Dave for hitting their goals - even ahead of schedule!
    Huge congrats to Maria, Joy, Joe, Wimberley, and Sam for their awesome losses!
    ALL who participated made it a great challenge.

As for me, I am a little embarrassed by my net change of ZERO for the challenge. Doh. However, I have gotten two pounds off (and kept it off) since Thanksgiving for an overall loss of 2 pounds. Slowly but surely, I will get to my optimal weight!

If you haven't already joined the "New Year, New Me!" Challenge, come on over!
    Good health to all,
    Mandy
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    I can't find that thread for the life of me, can you post a link here so I can find it and book mark it?? :D