Who got on the scale this morning?

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I think if I host Thanksgiving dinner next year, I'm going to do some research on what foods the Pilgrims actually ate (not homemade Mac and Cheese, I'm sure) and do everything organic and healthy on the premise that it is "an authentic" Thanksgiving dinner "just like the Pilgrims ate". I might even do it outdoors...since that is most likely what they did. I live in Upstate SC so I can get away with having an outdoor dinner at the end of November....unless it rains, of course.
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I did, and it showed I was up one pound from what it said yesterday morning (I'm a habitual weigher, mostly I just like to see the random fluctuations). I was expecting a much larger jump considering I consumed approximately double my calories yesterday, but I'm certainly not complaining!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I have just recently started to weigh myself daily. I go up and down without any rhyme or reason.
    I generally pay it no mind, as long as in the long term it's going in the right direction.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I sure did, and I lost 1.2 pounds. I had a light breakfast and lunch yesterday- my dinner was about 1100 calories. Burning 550+ calories definitely helped me stay under my allowed amount of calories. My sugar, though, between pumpkin pie and carbohydrate rich foods was doubled. Yikes. I don't understand why everyone was freaking out so much. If you plan ahead, you cannot fail :O)
  • monetsf
    monetsf Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weight daily just to make sure I am not gaining etc- I didn't gain as I worked out and kept it to eating 1300 calories, more than I normally do, but well within my net goal. This is a lifestyle, thus holidays shouldn't impact one too much, just need to approach them differently.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    I did! I did! Down 6 oz! :)
  • joysyear
    joysyear Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wish I had read this post before I so bravely hopped on the scale to see that I had gained 3.7 lbs but I am pretty swollen today from all the salt so hopefully it will come back down by Tuesday. My Dad's coming down tonight so we'll be doing Thanksgiving all over again today. I'm just going to watch my portions.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to because I was certain I had a lot of water weight... But -2.5 pounds :D I am THRILLED.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    My whole week was bad. I over-ate 3 of the 4 days (and by a lot - two days doubling my intake!). I got on the scale for my weigh in and was expecting a 2-3 pound gain. I some how managed to only gain half a pound!!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Nope-I only do the scale once every two weeks. With my height (5'2) I am trying to nail it into my head that I need to stop focusing on the number as much as how tone I am, and how many inches I lose.
  • lpchica36
    lpchica36 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I worked out double yesterday, ate all I wanted, and lost weight. How wonderful is that. Lol.
  • Speedtrap
    Options
    I got on this morning after a good workout yesterday and I am down 2lbs from my last weigh in. Woot
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    this girl!!!!!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I ate whatever I wanted yesterday (had a slightly upset stomach to prove it), and the scale did not change. I can't eat as much as I used to. Did my normal 30DS yesterday and today. I don't think one day can change anything. Now I am back to counting calories. I actually had pie for breakfast so I fit it into my calories. Normally I would eat much heathier of course!
  • Toxictwist
    Options
    I also got on the scale this morning & I was down from yesterday weight. :) Yay!
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    up 2 pounds :frown: I know its just water retention though, since I worked out a bunch yesterday morning and stayed in my net goal. But all the same, pretty discouraging!!!
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I did and boy it was an eye opener. I did enjoy myself on yesterday eating-wise. I must also add that I ran my 1st 5k marathon yesterday finished in 32minutes and 18 sec. I had everything yesterday I wanted. I am currently following the alternate day diet and today is my down day so, I feel like yesterday was soooo worth it.
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not Me!!! I knew last night I was wayyy over on sodium so I won't weigh until my rings go back to being loose on my fingers again.... I don't want to discourage myself...lol

Great idea!
    Options
    I did and regret to say I gained. now it is going to take twice as long to get it off then it was to put it on. :(
  • Babieseverywhere
    Babieseverywhere Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Friday is my weigh in day and I lost 3lbs this week. Well chuffed!

No thanksgiving dinner for me though (in UK)
    Ditto here :)