Diet Tribe - 30 Pounds in 90 Days!

Options

Replies

• bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi Brandiann,

I'm doing great!!! Sticking with my slim fast plan. Walking every day. I need to pick up on drinking my water. That's something I'm not totally faithful to doing yet. I'm hanging in there though :smile:
  • FitMomRunning
    FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's going! I made brownies last night and was all excited about being able to have a serving for only 71 calories. Then I look at the number of servings for a 9x13 pan and it was 48. LOL Talk about small squares! Oh well, at least my kids can enjoy them.

I've been doing pretty well exercise wise and food wise. I'm pretty sure my weight loss is going to start slowing down in the next couple of weeks, if not sooner, but that's okay. I can see a difference in the mirror and that's really exciting.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandiann,

I'm doing great!!! Sticking with my slim fast plan. Walking every day. I need to pick up on drinking my water. That's something I'm not totally faithful to doing yet. I'm hanging in there though :smile:

Good Job bh34, your doing great keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    It's going! I made brownies last night and was all excited about being able to have a serving for only 71 calories. Then I look at the number of servings for a 9x13 pan and it was 48. LOL Talk about small squares! Oh well, at least my kids can enjoy them.

I've been doing pretty well exercise wise and food wise. I'm pretty sure my weight loss is going to start slowing down in the next couple of weeks, if not sooner, but that's okay. I can see a difference in the mirror and that's really exciting.

Have you tried "No Pudge Brownie Mix" they usually sell it at Trader Joe's. You can check out their website also... http://www.nopudge.com.... How many calories in an actual no fat brownie, or how big of a brownie is 120 calories? One 2-inch square brownie=120 calories AND NO FAT!!! My son loves them and actually he's been asking me to make them so I will this weekend.

Glad to hear your doing well! :flowerforyou: Why did you say your weight loss is probably going to start slowing down for??
  • FitMomRunning
    Options
    Cool, I'll check those out!

I haven't had a week so far in the past 7 weeks that I haven't lost over a pound so I guess I figure it's got to slow down sooner or later. Maybe mentally preparing myself so when it does happen I won't get too frustrated? I started slowing down my last time when I hit 18 pounds lost and I'm almost there now. I'm not going to stop, definitely, I just want to be realistic. Working towards 30 pounds lost by mid-July is giving me a big push and motivation to stick to my plan. :smile:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Cool, I'll check those out!

I haven't had a week so far in the past 7 weeks that I haven't lost over a pound so I guess I figure it's got to slow down sooner or later. Maybe mentally preparing myself so when it does happen I won't get too frustrated? I started slowing down my last time when I hit 18 pounds lost and I'm almost there now. I'm not going to stop, definitely, I just want to be realistic. Working towards 30 pounds lost by mid-July is giving me a big push and motivation to stick to my plan. :smile:

Look into interval training... it is what I do and it's a great workout... You can Google it and read about the benefits, etc. It's great for fat burning which is what we are trying to do..... I'm happy to see you are not losing motivation, keep positive! :drinker:
  • sbarratt
    sbarratt Posts: 3
    Options
    Can people still join?
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Can people still join?

Sure & welcome, you will be a week in a half behind us... Please post your weight?

Smiles,
    Brandi
  • csanchez39
    csanchez39 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes I am still on track! I didnt work out yesterday because I think I overdid it while doing the 30 day shred. My legs were so sore yesterday I couldnt move.:laugh: But I made sure to stay within my calories. I feel and look better which is great! I am so excited this is the longest I have commited to loosing weight without giving up.

Its amazing how eager I am sometimes to work out...I never knew I had it in me!

I also do the intervals especially when I am on the treadmill it makes me sweat alot.
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Yes I am still on track! I didnt work out yesterday because I think I overdid it while doing the 30 day shred. My legs were so sore yesterday I couldnt move.:laugh: But I made sure to stay within my calories. I feel and look better which is great! I am so excited this is the longest I have commited to loosing weight without giving up.

Its amazing how eager I am sometimes to work out...I never knew I had it in me!

I also do the intervals especially when I am on the treadmill it makes me sweat alot.

WTG keep up the good work! :drinker: It gets easier to stay on track and I'm glad that your still going strong....:flowerforyou:
  • sbarratt
    sbarratt Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been working hard for about a month to lose some weight. My weight as of today is 183. UGH>
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am still here. I didn't get to check in on monday. But I did weigh in...and I have lost 3 lbs so far!!!

Started at 188
    4/20 - 185
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am still here. I didn't get to check in on monday. But I did weigh in...and I have lost 3 lbs so far!!!

Started at 188
    4/20 - 185

Good job, WTG! Keep up the good work! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • FitMomRunning
    Options
    How has the weekend been for everyone? Mine is winding down now and I'll be relaxing the rest of the day, ahhhhh. I had a great moment this morning though...while I was getting ready for church I tried on a shirt that I haven't worn in some time and it was baggy all over. So I tried on a medium and it fit very nicely! I had my husband take a picture of me this morning since it has been another 10 pounds since I took my last progress picture and I noticed I'm in dire need of a new bra. I'll pick one up this week after I take my measurements. I last took them March 23 so I'm anxious to see the results.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm on a mission to lose 30 pounds in 90 days - who's with me?!

Day 1 starts tomorrow, Monday, April 13th. We'll weight in and record our starting weights and will then weigh in each Monday after that to record our progress. Not only will we concentrate on losing weight, we will work to support each other on our journey to health. We'll share tips, recipes, and motivate each other to give it our all.

To start off, here are some things to think about to set yourself up to succeed:

Eat "Clean"
    The most important thing about staying healthy is to eat wholesome foods that I call "clean." These are unprocessed foods. Read the labels on your food. If there are all kinds of ingredients listed that your grandmother wouldn't recognize as food, then don't eat it. Fast foods and processed foods are loaded with hidden sugars and fats. Treat your body right and give it the kind of wholesome energy it needs to be healthy.

Plan Ahead
    The most important thing you can do to lose weight is spend time planning what you are going to eat. Eating clean means you'll be doing a lot of your own meal preparation, because processed foods are full of ingredients that will undermine your progress, even if they are labeled as "diet" or "low calorie" or "low fat." Be in control of your food. If you have time to get a manicure, then you have time to grocery shop or prepare food. Each evening, prepare your lunch and snacks for the next day. If you get to a meal time and don't know what you're planning to eat, you are more likely to go off the plan and eat something convenient that is full of calories, fat and sugar. Take time for yourself. Make yourself and your food a priority. Plan ahead. It's the only way to make sure you stick to your diet.

30 pounds in 90 days - we can do it!!!

I know I am late, but I would like to join this Challenge. I have 80-100 pounds to lose, but I have an immediate goal of 30-40 pounds in 90 days as of today. I am getting married in Vegas on July 26th! I need to lose at least 30 pounds to fit comfortably and look hot in my dress, as it stands now you would nto catch me dead in it. So can I join in? Can someone catch me up with this week?

Starting weight is 232 as of this morning. I am working on 3.33 pounds a week.
  • FitMomRunning
    Options
    Posting on Sunday again while I'm thinking about it! If I continue on this pace I'll end up at about 121 pounds by our ending date. My 30 pound goal would put me at 115, but either way I'll be thrilled!

Starting weight 04/13/09: 145.0
    90 day goal: 115.0

04/20/09: 143.2 (-1.8)
    04/27/09: 141.4 (-1.8)
    05/04/09:
    05/11/09:
    05/18/09:
    05/25/09:
    06/01/09:
    06/08/09:
    06/15/09:
    06/22/09:
    06/29/09:
    07/06/09:
    Final weigh in 07/12/09:

Total loss to date: 3.6 pounds
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well, I have good news and bad news...

My aunt called last week to let us know she's OFFICIALLY CANCER FREE! And off of all the medication she's been on for the last 5+ years. That was the great news. The bad news is she wanted to go and celebrate at her local pub.

We all ate terribly, I had a plate of fish and chips as well as some deep fried shrimp and scallops and two beers. I entered it all into my food diary, cringing the entire time, and figure I ate about 2000 for the day, which isn't too bad.

Ah well. I'm realizing that I indulge far too much, even though I'm eating really well through the week, something usually comes up and I want to enjoy myself. I'm still losing weight, just very slowly. This week will be better.
  • Brandiann
    Options
    How has the weekend been for everyone? Mine is winding down now and I'll be relaxing the rest of the day, ahhhhh. I had a great moment this morning though...while I was getting ready for church I tried on a shirt that I haven't worn in some time and it was baggy all over. So I tried on a medium and it fit very nicely! I had my husband take a picture of me this morning since it has been another 10 pounds since I took my last progress picture and I noticed I'm in dire need of a new bra. I'll pick one up this week after I take my measurements. I last took them March 23 so I'm anxious to see the results.

FItMomRunning that's great! I'm so happy to hear that your losing... Awesome job keep it up!

My weekend is great today's my birthday :bigsmile: :bigsmile: so I've been enjoying the extremely beautiful weather and watched my son play his first baseball game this season. I also went to the gym this morning and had a good workout.... It's been an awesome day! :bigsmile:
  • Brandiann
    Options

I know I am late, but I would like to join this Challenge. I have 80-100 pounds to lose, but I have an immediate goal of 30-40 pounds in 90 days as of today. I am getting married in Vegas on July 26th! I need to lose at least 30 pounds to fit comfortably and look hot in my dress, as it stands now you would nto catch me dead in it. So can I join in? Can someone catch me up with this week?

Starting weight is 232 as of this morning. I am working on 3.33 pounds a week.

Hi Sassie,

Welcome to our challange! :flowerforyou: Tomorrow (Monday) will be week 2 for us with 76 days to go until 90 days come along. We weigh-in on Monday's with a couple of people who weigh-in on Sunday which is fine. Every week you are to post your weight loss or gain ( for you it will be Sunday) and then at the end of the challange we will see if everyone has made to 30lb mark... If you have any questions or comments be sure to post and we will respond. Good luck on a healthier you and be even sexier in that wedding dress! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Brandiann
    Options
    Posting on Sunday again while I'm thinking about it! If I continue on this pace I'll end up at about 121 pounds by our ending date. My 30 pound goal would put me at 115, but either way I'll be thrilled!

Starting weight 04/13/09: 145.0
    90 day goal: 115.0

04/20/09: 143.2 (-1.8)
    04/27/09: 141.4 (-1.8)
    05/04/09:
    05/11/09:
    05/18/09:
    05/25/09:
    06/01/09:
    06/08/09:
    06/15/09:
    06/22/09: