Bring IT! Part IIII: Team No Excuses in April

Options

Replies

• sweetapplepi
    Options
    Sorry guys for not being around. Alot of changes, and I'm trying to really focus on school. I feel off the wagon for a little bit, and in doing so discovered that fitness and health is a huge part of who I am. I can't stay away from it. I'm going to start running since the weather here is beautiful. My body looked and felt the best when I ran anyways, so I want to get back to that. I now just use the elliptical machine, but I plan to use that and run on some days when I have time.
    My weight has stayed the same and I think I'm comfortable with that. I also took time to reflect to make sure I wasn't getting obsessive about my fitness goals. I feel much stronger mentally coming back into this. :smile:
    Anyways that georg and mya for keeping this up and running! Mya great job with the jogging by the way you look fab!

bbl =]
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you checked in, apple! Good to hear from you.
    I'm glad you're okay.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm back!

I've had some ups and downs lately. Well, only downs on the scale, but I get so FRUSTRATED. Lately, I've been getting increasingly cranky with my body. I weigh 126 pounds but I still have flabby thighs and a jellyroll. I'm very proud of the muscle I'm developing on my arms and legs, but it would look so much better without the hot dog bun! On the other hand, my chest and shoulders are bony as hell.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I've been meaning to run more lately, but I've been super busy with school. I did spin twice this week and plan to do it tomorrow. I did a really badass interval session on the treadmill on Tuesday that made me feel really good (once my face returned to its pallor! Usually I do more cardio, but I agitated my left hamstring...probably in my Wednesday bodysculpting class (which is a masochist's fantasy land :heart: ). Doing spin the next day made it worse, so I decided to rest it. It feels a lot better today.

Today it took SO much willpower to go to the gym, but I b!tched myself into it. I ended up getting in some good work! I was REALLY liking how my arms looked while doing the fly machine, since the fat slid back out of sight.

As far as diet, I've been eating clean, but I'm paranoid about my big source of protein--the cafeteria grilled chicken. My caf is pretty healthy, but the grilled chicken still comes off the grill fresh with oil. I always wring that thing silly with napkins until I can't get anymore off, and would usually just log a teaspoon of oil. But I'm worried that it's more. What do y'all think?

I've been trying Tom Venuto's carb cycling. It never gets that low in carbs (30% at the most). However, I find myself having a hard time getting enough carbs in on my high-carb day. He encourages higher calories that day, but I'm still too "chicken." I don't like cheat meals. But baby steps! I've gotten my calories up in the last month, so progress.

So, not flying colors, but I have some stuff that I'm proud of!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    whoa!!! APPLE & PHOENIX!! YAYAYA YOU GUYS ARE BACK!!! woot woot hehe..yes im excited thanks to Jess,Meijse,Georg ..we are all still here plugging along....we all get busy thats just part of life the main thing is that you remember to stop and smell the roses and take care of yourself....glad to see you guys are back!!......yep im finally jogging intervals my goal is to be able to jog the full 2.4 by June and then 4.8 by summers end...Im going away Saturday my internet will be sparatic so be sure to keep this up and going I will be gone for 2 weeks but I will try to message daily if I can...last time I vacationed I lost like 12lbs sooooo hahahha Im going for an extra week this time LOL..and Im going to use the 24 fitness center WOOT!....im hoping to be well into the 190's when I come back........food has been hard for me i havent gained BUT emotionally hard...so I had to go for a long walk and get myself back focused....lol the walk was 4.8 this morning and 4.8 this evening so 9.6miles today with some jogging intervals..what a way to burn stress or a hole in my sneakers gawd i need new ones!!...:drinker:
  • Georg
    Options
    ooooooooo
    Good to see the gang back!
    :bigsmile:
    yeeeeehaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Mya-the new sneaker comment made me laugh. That's when you know you're working out to the max! Way to go! :smile:
    I'm about to start my exercise for the day. It's late but better late than not at all in this case, right? :flowerforyou:

I've noticed that my legs seem to be getting like bulkier? But my waist seems to be shrinking abit. I use the ellpitical machine as my main source of workout, and I think the resistance level is causing my leg muscles to strengthen. Thus maybe more bulk? Ver odd, and I'm not sure I want that to happen, so I'm going to keep an eye on it.:noway:

ttyl!
  • Georg
    Options
    Good to see you back!
    :heart:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Um...I don't expect heaps of praise, but today my friend and I took hits off some new weed she got. I'm sitting down, verrrrry comfortable, when I see the clock and notice I have spin in 30 minutes.

I still went! Mayhaps I moved a tad more slowly, but on the other hand, I feel perceive discomfort as a more muffled sensation when I'm faded, so I really pounded it out. And the music was WAY more entertaining than it should have been!

Then afterwards, just in case I'd unintentionally slacked off, I went and did my stairmaster 15X15--15 minutes at level 15. It's a toughie, but I did it.

Like I said, perhaps not praiseworthy, but just letting everyone know that I'm doing my best to BRING IT!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Good to see you back!

Thanks! It's great to be back. :flowerforyou: It's great to see you still here and keeping up with your goals as well! :smile:
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i'm back and MARRIED! it was an amazing day, an incredible week and a hectic vacation with all the visiting friends and guests! they are slooowly starting to return home and, after wednesday, i plan to get back to running and eating healthy! wish me luck - great job to everyone who has been keeping with it - you rock!!!
  • Georg
    Options
    aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww meisje!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Congrats!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    i'm back and MARRIED! it was an amazing day, an incredible week and a hectic vacation with all the visiting friends and guests! they are slooowly starting to return home and, after wednesday, i plan to get back to running and eating healthy! wish me luck - great job to everyone who has been keeping with it - you rock!!!
    I am the biggest dork..all this time i thought it was someone elses wedding!!!! Congrats!!!!....we will be waiting for your running return u Married Woman!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Good Morning Bring It Bunch...I was out and about at 5am getting in my first 2.2 intervals for the day..jogging is becoming much easier..after I make some phone calls I will be heading out to do the rest of my miles...I traded in my regular coffee with cream and sugar for a coffee with skim milk and splenda..it doesnt taste as good but the amount of calories I save make it worth it.... ....I remember back to when I started MFP ..I got slack for losing weight "so fast" and often told " I would fail" funny how people can make an assumption that I was doing things wrong or too fast when I hadnt even reached my goal...I was thinking on this yesterday and how discouraging those kind of comments are to new members..I wonder how many people gave up or moved on to a diff site because of people passing judgment so swiftly....In any event if any newbies should read this..stick with what your doing if it works for you ..following advice is fine but dont ever feel as if your failing or doomed just because of a few peoples input..take it as a grain of salt and let them eat your dust when the comments become negative....woot woot!!! keep plugging along even when it seems as if the weight isnt dropping...and always remember a drop on the scale is only a portion of this journey.......no 2 people are alike take what you can from the success of others but dont feel as if you have to comply with what they say or do 100% in order to reach the stars!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    great words, mya! i am still so amazed that you are jogging! sooo many people have never done it or are afraid to try it and really, it is the best free, available, fun fitness tool out there! yea!
    so today, i am getting back in gear! these are big words, my friends, as i have eaten... well, i'm actually not going to tell you what i have eaten this week. let's just say A LOT. plus dessert!
    i am finally caught up on sleep and started my day with a good breakfast. now, i am heading upstairs to clean and pull our house together after the whirlwind week and then, because it is so goregous outside, i am taking my jiggely hips on a short run - i'm pretty sure they are going to hate it, but whatev! stick with it, evereyone!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    WTG Meisje get back on the ball!! besides you didnt think you could eat desert and not pay for it later did ya??? lol

Ive got my cycle FINALLY so I feel like poo .....why it decided to be 2 weeks late is beyond me BUT im so happy its here..can u imagine how I would have felt...right smack dab in the middle of my progress to find out I was going to gain due to pregnancy!!! I love kids but now just wouldnt be the time..lol....Im going for my jog this afternoon..I had a banana with honey and a tsp of PB for breakfast....not sure about lunch yet....be sure to bring it today everyone!! its wednesday we can still kick butt before next weeks weigh ins.....:flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Options
    Good plan meisje!

Mya- I have never meant to be discouraging to you.:flowerforyou:
    When you've posted your meals, sometimes it just doesn't seem like enough food to keep a bird alive. :huh:
    You're so focused & faithful you're inspiring to me...but at the same time I hope you don't lose too quickly. Or deprive yourself & then become unhealthy.
    That's all. You're so inspiring. I'm so sorry if I haven't been encouraging.
    I love to read your posts.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    ohhh Georg hahah I know u mean well ..im a slacker when it comes to posting every little item...like today i forgot the 1/4 cup of raisins and the cappucinno rofl!! thank you for being concerned though i appreciate ya..huggles...ive already had 500 calories and its not even 11am.....im a piggie trust me on that I just eat very precise lately ...before i started this healthy lifestyle i would eat sauces and tons of butter on everything ..now Im more simple if i open a can of beans i measure and eat beans I have no need for adding in rice,butter,cheese salsa and what not....ive learned to simplify my eating a bit...u know for instance i used to eat pizza with tons of toppings and wings and dip it all in ranch ..now i can simply have a slice of cheese pizza and be done...i hope that makes sense....im at a firm 1200 in regards to food very rarely do i make it to my 1400 limit the main rason is the amount of beans in my diet...sometimes 2 cups a day because I have exchanged most of my meat out for them......hugs georg!!.....im lazy when it comes to posting my food thats all haha...i lose anywhere from 8-15lbs a month now which is reasonable for my intake and excercise..
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group !!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Welcome to the group chickadee hehe:flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Options
    Welcome! You'll like it here.
    Mya is amazing! She drops weight almost every time she posts!
    She jogs & works out tirelessly.
    I had a stomach bug yesterday & couldn't drag myself to work or even out of bed, but today I'm okay. A little weak - that 5 pounds in 28 hours really takes it out of you! :huh:
    I'm just trying to rehydrate today.
    I'm about to go start my biking.
    Bring it!