What did you want to be when you grew up!

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a cowboy. Except I've been thrown off horses way too much. So I'm an accountant.

Yay accountants :)
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    I suppose it makes sense that a lot of accountants would go for the 'counting calories' thing.

For most of my childhood, my parents had beautiful yards and maintaining it was a regular chore for me. I was going to own a nursery and marry a landscape architect.

I started out college in the music dept, with an interest in becoming a sound tech. I switched to Manufacturing Management and that's what I do now. I like my job now, but still wish I had done the sound tech thing. Maybe I'll make a career change soon.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A monkey.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be an actress (actually went to acting school lol) and then I wanted to be an environmentalist (have not clue why) .... Now I'm a full time undergrad, working my way to be a Behavior Analyst. :)
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a nurse when I was a kid. My mom use to take me to "Take your daughter to work day" every year. She is a Registered Nurse now [back then she was an LPN]. My decisions were kind of influenced because of her back then. I went to college to become a Medical Secretary, which I graduated from in 2008 with a Technical Degree. After college, I decided I wanted to become a Veterinarian. Still working towards it :) Been working at animal clinics as a Vet Tech, animal shelters as a Cat Caretaker, and up until recently I had my own business as a dog walker. Now I'm heading back to my city of birth to go back to school and get my Bachelor's Degree in Biology so I can pursue my dream of becoming a Veterinarian.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be superman and.... well I ended up just being a mediocre reporter for the Daily Planet
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a marine-biologist. I guess I would still would love to be. But I'm not willing to move.
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It was kind of varied, nurse/doctor/vet. My mom was a nurse so I think it just kind of drew my attention that way. I never did make it into nursing school. Changed career goals after my mom said I should work in a nursing home to see if I would like being a nurse. I always wanted to care for the patients at the other end of the spectrum. Now, I am a full time personnel technician in the Air Guard. Still helping people, but in a different way. Though my real goal when I grow up is to be RETIRED!!!!! lol. Dont plan on growing up until then hehe.
  • h0kieerin
    h0kieerin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a teacher...and briefly a marine biologist who works at Sea World. When that turned into a marine biologist who teaches the field trips that come to Sea World, I figured, teaching was for me.

Now? I'm a teacher. I teach nothing but elementary science all day long and I love it. (most days) :smile:
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Pediatric Oncology RN. Still do.
  • Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be a Dancer. I still do but my time has passed!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a wife and mommy to four kids; two girls and two boys. Well the wife part didn't turn out so well but I am Mom to two kids; one girl and one boy. Now I'm accounts payable/acccounts receivable clerk for a small company that sells aircraft evacuation equipment.
  • dropofhope
    Options
    I always loved and excelled at Math & Science so I always wanted to be a doctor. In my highschool yearbook I'm quoted saying I wanted to be the team physician for the Chicago White Sox...well Organic Chemistry kicked my *kitten* and I changed my major from Biology to Finance. Now, I am a buyer and planner for retail stores...I love it! :)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    A mortician. :) Someone had to be "that" kid, lol.

I was a mortician's assistant before becoming a stay at home mama. :) one day......
  • VinVenture
    Options
    A robotics technician. Currently getting my masters in Cybernetic Engineering, so far looking bright for me!
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Pediatric Oncology RN. Still do.

me too!!! i'm an LPN at a pediatric clinic now. not sure i'm tough enough to handle peds oncology. :ohwell:
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a blueberry picker or a maid, hehe. When I was jr high/high school I wanted to be a vet or a wildlife ecologist. Now I'm an entomologist/microbiologist so I didn't stray too terribly far. I still think I'd enjoy picking blueberries for a living though.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    A mortician. :) Someone had to be "that" kid, lol.

I was a mortician's assistant before becoming a stay at home mama. :) one day......

AWEsome. Seriously.
  • gregs887
    Options
    I wanted to either play second base for the Padres or drive a Zamboni. I currently sell vacation rentals in Europe.
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    All at different points in life:
    Singer
    Astronaut
    Mommy
    X-Ray Technician
    Doctor
    Marriage and Family Therapist
    Social Worker
    Psychiatrist
    Paralegal

Now, I'm going to school to become an Occupational Therapist.