40+ Workout Challenge (October)

Options
12346»

Replies

• fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Gigi - Good to hear from you. Sounds like you did okay for being away. Glad to have you back!
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    Hey ladies! Glad to see you :) Sounds like you both did very well for being out of town.

I have been battling a blasted cold and have not had a workout since Friday :( I am on the mend and am determined to get at least a 20 minute something in tomorrow.

Fitn; re: the book. It is not grabbing me, unfortunately. I don't know how much is writing style/delivery, and how much is due to familiar material. I have read so many 'self improvement' books that I am not finding much new. I am going to keep reading, I am very interested in her skin care regime and her workouts, which I have not gotten to yet.
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    I'm finally getting back to normal. I didn't do much during my time away for Thanksgiving, and I gained 2 pounds. I'm hopeful that it will come off again after getting back to it.

Today I did 35 minutes of rowing and then odds and ends walking/cleaning and stair work. I'm attempting to get out of my computer chair every hour, and so far so good.

Tomorrow I will add back in the extra walk and start doing some dvd's. I miss them! I found a 30 day shred for $3 at the thrift store. It was meant to be mine! I will start that in a couple of days as my new challenge in addition to whatever we decide.

I need to get back to yoga/pilates as well. This month was definitely challenging with the two trips. I did okay, but not 100%, more like 80%.

What do you want to do next month?
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    I have been battling a blasted cold and have not had a workout since Friday :( I am on the mend and am determined to get at least a 20 minute something in tomorrow.

Fitn; re: the book. It is not grabbing me, unfortunately. I don't know how much is writing style/delivery, and how much is due to familiar material. I have read so many 'self improvement' books that I am not finding much new. I am going to keep reading, I am very interested in her skin care regime and her workouts, which I have not gotten to yet.

Oh dear. I do think you need more Vitamin C. I also recommend the Wellness Formula by Source Naturals.

http://bit.ly/w0CNJ7

I swear by it when I'm feeling like I'm coming down with something. It works!

Feel better, and I hope you are back at it soon!
  • guessgigi
    guessgigi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I would have to agree that November was very challenging for me too. We just have to get up and keep trying right! Sorry you're not feeling well Mispix. Hopefully you will get to feeling better soon. Vitamin C I agree Fitnfun has been my friend during the winter season. How cool Fitnfun that you found the dvd for 3.00!! Very cool!

As far as next month, I'd hate to say less than what our goal is but it just seems like 40/20 has been tough 6 days a week. I don't think it's a goal I have reached for a whole week yet. :sad: Here's a suggestion, How about 40 minutes of cardio 4 days a week and 3 days of Strength Training? We can do everyother day. I've noticed that I'll do 40 minutes of a cardio dvd (Turbo Jam) and then I"m tired/done for the day it feels like.:yawn: It's been hard to do 20 more minutes of ST.

Thinking something like this:

Monday: 30-50 min Cardio (This allows for a variety of dvds with different time frames)
    Tuesday:20-30 min Strength Training (same option of a 20 min dvd or 30 min dvd or free style)
    Wednesday: 30-50 min cardio
    Thursday:20-30 ST
    Friday: 30-50 min cardio
    Saturday: 20-30 min ST
    Sunday: Rest or Cardio optional

Just a suggestion of course, but really something I feel I can accomplish. Let me know what you think :bigsmile:
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    Hi ladies :) I will second the challenging November. I gained two pounds over the holiday, but I knew I would gain so I built that into my long term plan.
    The cold is behind me (for now, lol) and I am back to my workouts.
    Fitn, I have increased my vit C along with Zinc. Thanks for the referral to the Wellness Formula!

Gigi: I like your idea, I would only add some yoga/stretching in there. I am really finding that it is helping me in a number of ways. And it just feels good, lol! I will admit that some mornings it is really challenging to get 60 minutes. Another of my friends here does short bursts of stair running which gets a great return for 10 minutes, so I may incorporate some things like that in my day.

Here is to a great December!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm BACK!! Japan was fantastic! We trekked over 150 miles (per BodyMedia Fit) in 15 days! It was crazy and considering 2 days were spent in car and 2 days on the bullet train...pretty amazing. No wonder my feet hurt! :-)

I'm logging but I'm taking it slow and easy this week - a little recoup time. It appears I held my weight even although I ate everything!! Never in a million years thought I could be tired of noodles!! LOL My scale is still fluctuating a little from the lack of water from the day of the flight, I'm sure. I haven't had time to read all of the posts here but I trust you are all doing WONDERFUL!!!
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    Sherrill - Welcome back! That's sounds amazing! I'm glad you had a good time in Japan.

I'm thinking it might be good to finally change to a different thread, and I can make the name more generic like:
    40+ Workout Challenge (New Every Month)! Then we will never have to change again and new people could join us if they would like. I also think Gigi's idea is good with some tweaking by adding yoga/stretching. Let me tweak and I will post on the new thread and let you know when it is ready.

Back soon!
  • fitnfun1
    Options
    Here is the new thread and the new challenge. This is going to be good! I hope to see you over there soon. We will not have to move ever again. Whew!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410810-40-workout-challenge-new-every-month