BodyRocker Challenge December

Options
Hey BodyRockers! (Do I sound like Zuzka?) and NEWcomers!

First of all, if you don't know what BodyRock is, check out the website at bodyrock.tv. You will be in love, but please don't be intimidated. There are modifications for all exercises for beginners.

So here's my proposal for a bodyrock challenge to keep us all motivated in the month of December. We will compare our repetition numbers and add some extra challenges for each week (extra burpees, jump roping, eating protein etc). Let me know if your in!

There is one problem I am already foreseeing that you guys may be able to help me out with. We might not be able to follow the workout schedule on the website exactly as the new workouts are sometimes posted later in the day and I know some of us are morning rockers.

Let me know! I can't wait to connect with you!

Replies

• nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a bodyrocker from NM! Count me in!
  • jillerymaker
    Options
    I've never heard of it before, but it looks great!! I'm going to give it a shot!!
  • janiffer
    Options
    Hey all! You inspired me, I checked out the website and found the schedule. On the 2-3 days per week when it says 'new workout' which one do we do? Do they post them that day? or pick our own?

Thank you!
  • nellie_88
    Options
    Hey all! You inspired me, I checked out the website and found the schedule. On the 2-3 days per week when it says 'new workout' which one do we do? Do they post them that day? or pick our own?

Thank you!

That means that at sometime during the day they will post a new workout to the website, depending on what time zone you are in the usually have it done later in the afternoon or evening. They have been shooting a lot of new workouts lately so it just takes them some time to get them uploaded :happy:
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bodyrocking from IL count me in as well!! Exciting!!!! :bigsmile:
  • cindaboo1
    Options
    so should we post our numbers here??? Starting tomorrow (Dec 1st)? And 1 more question, will we all be following the schedule and on the days where it says new workout, should we all pick our own or do we all want to do the same as each other?? Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Okay! So here are the guidelines for this challenge:

We will follow Zuzana's Workout schedule on BodyRock.TV and for "New Workouts" I will select an optional workout from the past workout archive and you may choose to complete that one or the new one (reason for this is sometimes the new workout isn't posted by the time I want to do my workout for the day).

We will BodyRock 6 days every week until December 31st. I know December is a crazy month, but that's why we are doing this challenge. BodyRock Workouts only take 12-20 minutes a day and you can do them at home.

We will go Sunday to Saturday like the schedule on the site, but we will start our EXTRA added challenge early since its Thursday.

**Add 5 to 10 minutes of moderate-paced jump roping after each BodyRock session. Let's turn the fat-burning furnace up!

Also, take measurements of your thighs, arms, belly, and bum if you haven't already.
    Here are mine:

MikaylaRae:

Arms: 11.5"
    Thighs: 23.75"
    Bum: 39"
    Belly (1 in below belly button) 35"
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    Here's the schedule, remember to post your comments and "scores" (repetitions in a timed interval or total time for rep challenges) daily.

DEC1, Thursday
    550 Rep Fat Massacre + 5-10mins jump roping

DEC2, Friday
    New Workout (or You Da One workout from Nov. 16th) + 5-10mins jump roping

DEC3,Saturday
    Mission Abs Possible + 5-10mins jump roping

Let the BodyRocking begin!
  • nellie_88
    Options
    Perfect!!! I will take my measurements later on today! I typically bodyrock in the evenings so I will post my scores after I am done! Good luck everyone!
  • cindaboo1
    Options
    I did the 550 Rep Fat Massacre workout early this a.m however i didnt do the jumprope because I hadnt read that until after i already did the workout, so I will do that tonight =) Here are my measurements and results from 12/1/11's workout:

Measurements;
    Arms~ 11.5"
    Thighs~ 24"
    Butt~ 44" (i got a donk lol)
    Belly~ 32"

Time results from workout:
    24:10

Thanks for coming up with this challenge, I'm so glad to have found bodyrock.tv!!! Happy Rocking and good luck everybody!!!! :smile:
  • nellie_88
    Options
    So here is kind of a stupid question lol. But how exactly are we measuring the arms? Like arm length? or width?
  • cindaboo1
    Options
    So here is kind of a stupid question lol. But how exactly are we measuring the arms? Like arm length? or width?

Width so measure around the top part of your arm :wink:
  • nellie_88
    Options
    Thats what I figured, lol. Ok here are my measurements:
    waist 27"
    belly 31.75"
    thighs 32"
    booty (or lack there of lol) 37"
    arms 10"

I completed the 550 rep in 21:02 I also did the jump rope...

Loving this challenge!
  • nellie_88
    Options
    Thats what I figured, lol. Ok here are my measurements:
    waist 27"
    belly 31.75"
    thighs 32"
    booty (or lack there of lol) 37"
    arms 10"

I completed the 550 rep in 21:02 I also did the jump rope...

Loving this challenge!

So on the thigs I added up the measurement of both thighs, so 1 thigh is 16" lol.
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    Did the 550 Rep in 28:14 with 10 mins of jump roping with a few breaks. By the end of this month I swear I'll be able to jumprope for 5 minutes without stopping!

I love this group! I'm going to keep it open all month in case others want to join in -- because that's what it's all about anyway, right?

Thanks ladies, great first day!
  • cindaboo1
    Options
    today i did the 'booty meets abs' workout here are my results;
    -20, 23, 20, 19, 23, 24 (side jump lunges)
    -8, 8, 10, 9, 8, 7 (passing ball)
    -16, 16, 12, 13, 12, 13 (push ups)

I was kinda in a funk this a.m so im hoping to get another workout in this evening. Hope u all have a wonderful day Bodyrockers in the house!!!!
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Count me in, sounds like a great idea, especially since Bodyrocking is all I've been doing for almost 2 years! I did You Da One early this week so instead of that one as my Friday workout, going to do the new Bust it out!:love:
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    Count me in, sounds like a great idea, especially since Bodyrocking is all I've been doing for almost 2 years! I did You Da One early this week so instead of that one as my Friday workout, going to do the new Bust it out!:love:

Awesome!! Welcome!
  • nellie_88
    Options
    Hi guys! Just did my workout for the day! I did Bust it out hot, here are my scores:
    74 SPLIT JUMPS
    30 PUSHUPS
    50 REV. PULL UP
    40 SIDE PLANK JUMPS
    60 SQUAT JUMPS
    30 DIVE BOMBERS

Also did 10 min jump rope.
  • Mikaylarae27
    Options
    Just Completed BUST IT OUT! and I did!

SPLIT JUMPS 60
    STAGGERED PUSH-UPS 26

REVERSE PUSH-UPS 30 (changed to 10 reps)
    PLANK SD JUMPS 60 (changed to 20)

SQUAT JUMPS 66
    DIVE BOMBERS 20

AHHH Dive bombers kill! I love it!