5'1 and 54 lbs lighter......Only 16 lbs to go!

Options
Just figured my pictures or story might help motivate others.
First off, I have always been fat. Since I was like 8 years old.

I am a 25 year old mother of 2 children ages 2 and 5. I work full time 8:30-5pm and my husband is out of town M-F for work. This means I do it all. Baths, story time, make dinner, pack lunches, take one to school and the other to daycare, etc. I jog 3 miles on my lunch break and I also jog w/ jogging buddies on the weekends and 1 day a week after work (If I can find someone to watch the kids for me for 1 hour).
I tried the gym, but my son would cry at the child watch center. No go.
I tried a double jogging stroller, but my kids beat each other up as I jogged. No go.
Now, its dark after work and I jog w/ a nerdy light on my head and reflectors, not to mention it's freezing.
There are a million excuses out there, but you will never ever become healthy if you don't make it important.
EVERYONE has an excuse and everyone has a story. I'm making it happen. I'm throwing the excuses out the window! I'm in the best shape of my life.

x8y9v.jpg
200 lbs. And no I was not pregnant :-(

2cx6yya.jpg
185 lbs 10/2010

w0gy2s.jpg

24npcew.jpg

b9aj3n.jpg
150 lbs here, I think this was in September 2011

4vr1xs.jpg
148 lbs October 2011

I currently weigh 147
132 lbs will be considered "healthy" on the BMI chart. That is my goal!

Replies

• Hopingforchange
    Options
    Awesome! I too work full time, have 2 kids in school also. I walk/run on my lunch hour as well. When I get home its homework, preparing lunches for the next day, etc. I also get up early to do 30 day shred video before going to work. I still have not lost the last 10...but I wont give up my heatlhy lifestyle.
  • PhotographyChick
    PhotographyChick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You ROCK!
  • chubiD
    chubiD Posts: 260
    Options
    You are my hero! Kudos to you!!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!!!!
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh, my...if you had not said you were 25 I would have guessed your "before" age at 45-55 (with very well-cared for skin, lol) & your "after" age at 18-20. You look amazing! Good job!
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • erintheinfj
    erintheinfj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh, my...if you had not said you were 25 I would have guessed your "before" age at 45-55 (with very well-cared for skin, lol) & your "after" age at 18-20. You look amazing! Good job!

I thought this EXACT same thing!!

ROCK IT GIRL!! You look fantastic! :D
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

That's exactly what I was gonna say! The difference from 180-150 is AMAZING!!! You look gorgeous :)
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You look MARVELOUS!! We are around the same height and weight goal, can't wait to get where you are! Congratulations on your journey and may you have continued success!!:-)
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats on your success! :)
  • alibyouss
    Options
    Awesome
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Great job and great example of how you need to make yourself a priority and that you can get past the excuses!!!!

I too work full time, my hubby travels a moderate amount (gone this week) and I have to drop off and pick up the kids. I'm not able to work out during work but since I work in the schools I get off during my daughter's nap and don't pick them up until her nap is over so I can go home and do a quick workout. Also just joined a gym and hoping to be able to do 30 minutes of circuit or strength training too!!!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! We are close to the same height! Needed that boost because "life" seems to get in the way of our progress, but you are proving how it can be done!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    you are so right...no excuses, just do it! I am 41 and have struggled with my weight for 25 years....I am finally doing something about it and I feel great too! You look so awesome, GOOD FOR YOU, YOU ROCK!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hot momma. Keep it & great Job!
  • JULIUSKITTY
    JULIUSKITTY Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    wow Im 5'1 too... I can do this! you made such a huge transformation in such a short period!! inspiring!! you look great!
  • Capergirl2011
    Options
    That is awesome! You look fab!!!
  • nickymaddiemiasmami
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • nickymaddiemiasmami
    Options
    Sorry double post :)
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    this is so amazing, you are amazing. Your hair, skin, face and especially the light in your eyes has changed. You are beautiful and you look so happy!!! We are the same height also, my husband travels most of the week too. Keep woking hard and thanks for sharing the pics!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!