*NEW RULES* .....for the gym

Options

Replies

• farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Women: If you come to the gym with your man, you don't need to squeal and clap every time your man completes a lift like some sort of trained seal. AND if you should happen to show up at the gym with your man, all dressed in your tight little gym outfit, why not try and work out a little too? Doing curls with the three pound dumb bell is not considered a work out. Thank you.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    ooh and the range of movement for pull ups should be from dead hang up to the bar, you may be trying to show off those muscles but it really doesn't count as a rep if your arms are always more than 90 degrees bent and you only move up and down 2 inches.
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great Rules ! Awesome post!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Oh tell me you made the one up about shaving in the sauna. :noway:

our gym has a sign outside the steam room and saunas stating "NO SHAVING"
  • joceyofdoom
    joceyofdoom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    NO GUM! Seriously, you're either not working hard enough or are going to choke to death on it. Plus, your nasty, wet cow-chewing-cud noises while you're smacking around with your mouth open are disgusting.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Please leave your golf club at home and practice your swing it's kinda creepy to be the only person in the gym then to see a man walk in with a golf club is not my feeling of safe! Plus WTH we have a small gym and you practice in the only walk path to the bathroom?
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Stop checking your Facebook or being on the phone. There is no way you can chat on the phone or be on Facebook and be challenging your body at the same time. Waste of your gym time.

I have to say I totally disagree with this. I do a lot of studying and work while doing cardio at the gym. Sure, it isn't the most intense (but i have other workouts scheduled for that), but it burns a lot more than sitting in a chair.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Oh tell me you made the one up about shaving in the sauna. :noway:
    I was gonna say....

Me too ... yuck!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Pick up the towels, you used to dry off your private parts, off the shower floor.
    (There is always some lady leaving all the towels she used on the floor)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    NO GUM! Seriously, you're either not working hard enough or are going to choke to death on it. Plus, your nasty, wet cow-chewing-cud noises while you're smacking around with your mouth open are disgusting.

This one I disagree with. I chew gum at the gym all the time. It keeps my mouth from getting dry while I am on the treadmill or elliptical. I do not chew it loudly or blow bubbles or anything, but it really does help and I do try to control it so I don't accidentally inhale it and choke on it. ( I was afraid of that happening at first.)

I like the other rules-

I can't stand it when someone comes up next to you and smells of smoke and/or perfume. It really is bothersome when you are huffing and puffing during a peak in your intervals.

Laugh on
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Jogging Track Etiquette! Work on it people!
    Don't walk three abreast at a slow pace around the three lane track. It very specifically states, outside for walking, middle for jogging, inside for running. Two I understand, walking time is nice with a friend, but you gotta pick and choose, you can't walk with both friends at once. The rest of us can't get past you without feeling really rude.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm only going to the gym about 2 months now, I haven't really noticed this, YET.
    BUT, I love the list.....thanks

12117749.png
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    DO NOT SIT ON THE MACHINES AND CHAT TO YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO USE THEM WHEN I WANT IT.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Save the makeup! If you are REALLY working out it will sweat off right and be all runny? Why do you need makeup on to sweat? Do you have a romantic date with the treadmill?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Save the makeup! If you are REALLY working out it will sweat off right and be all runny? Why do you need makeup on to sweat? Do you have a romantic date with the treadmill?

I'm OCD with make-up. I can't help it. :grumble:
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options

^^ this, a accidentally forgot to take my mascara off one day and nearly blinded myself cos I sweat so much!

Why wear a full face of make up on purpose? Also it means there's sweaty makeup prints on the machinery... Thanks, but I'll pass
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

I usually only wear foundation/concealer... unless I go straight after work.
    I'm too insecure to go anywhere without it. I do workout HARD and sweat it all off, but for the most part it gives me the confidence to even walk outside sometimes. I used to have REALLY bad acne and have really bad scars all over my face.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I am addressing this one to out of shape fat old men because young, middle aged, and in shape old guys at my gym don't do this

It's a locker room, not your bathroom at home. Don't walk around naked and flex in front of the mirrors by the sinks and also don't sit down to go to the bathroom in the stall naked without wearing a pair of sandals, that's just gross.
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options

This one I disagree with. I chew gum at the gym all the time. It keeps my mouth from getting dry while I am on the treadmill or elliptical. I do not chew it loudly or blow bubbles or anything, but it really does help and I do try to control it so I don't accidentally inhale it and choke on it. ( I was afraid of that happening at first.)

I like the other rules-

I can't stand it when someone comes up next to you and smells of smoke and/or perfume. It really is bothersome when you are huffing and puffing during a peak in your intervals.

Laugh on

Me too! My gymmates have to either choose between me slobbering and hacking up a lung after a few miles and no water, or me chewing my gum quietly and breathing ok. :D
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Guys who blow snot rockets in the shower. Seriously, use a tissue after you get out. Were ya raised by wolves?