Bring IT! Part IIII: Team No Excuses in April

Options

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll like it here.
    Mya is amazing! She drops weight almost every time she posts!
    She jogs & works out tirelessly.
    :heart:
    I had a stomach bug yesterday & couldn't drag myself to work or even out of bed, but today I'm okay. A little weak - that 5 pounds in 28 hours really takes it out of you! :huh:
    I'm just trying to rehydrate today.
    I'm about to go start my biking.
    Bring it!
    :heart:
    ack! sorry you felt bad ..im glad your feeling a bit better....gawd 5 pounds!! 28hrs!! get yourself back 100% I hope your resting still...:heart:
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Mya's a badass!

I feel REALLY proud of myself. I've gotten, I think, a little to reliant on spin classes for my cardio. I know it's good exercise, but I don't want my body becoming accustomed to it. And I hadn't done treadmill work in awhile. So yesterday I told myself that my *kitten* was not leaving that treadmill until I was about to, in the words of Jillian Michaels, "FAINT, PUKE, OR DIEEEE!!!" ... or just get to 45 minutes.

I have NEVER spent 45 minutes on a treadmill before.

I started with a warmup, then went into intervals, going between 1 minute of 3.5 and 30 sec - 1 min. of 9-10 mph (I changed it up a bit). I did that for around 17 minutes and I was ready to DROP. But the clock was only at 20. And I realized, as tired as I was, I COULD STILL BRING IT!

So I walked at 3.6 for a minute or two, just to collect myself, wipe my nose, and get a swig of powerade zero. Then jacked that sucker up to 5 mph...and the incline up higher! For the rest of the 45 minutes, I continuously jogged between 5-7 mph at varying inclines (between 4 and 9). No walks, just a 5 mph dogtrot if I was starting to get truly winded.

What I love about running is how tight my abdominals are afterwards. I always want to command them to stay like that.

Anyways, I left the gym satisfied!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    You ROCK Phoenix!! congrats on pushing yourself out of your regular comfort zone!! Reap those benefits ..sexy abs !!!.....Well everyone my plan is to bring it today! I will excercise this evening I have some preparation to do for my trip out of town this weekend..I will log back in a little later on!!BRING IT!!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Well I am definitely bringing it this week and I don't count on quitting until I lose all this fat.With Mya as my pal I have stayed on track.Thanks girl!! I have lost 44 pounds since January 2009.I have 87 more pounds to go but I know I can do it.Good luck to you all and BRING IT as you say!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Great job, Phoenix! It feels good to go a little more.
    Awestfall- you're doing great, too.
    I've been here since January, but I haven't lost as much as any of you.:grumble:
    :huh:
    But you all inspire me to do more & bring it.
    My new goal is to burn 500-1000 calories daily. At first I was happy with 300ish 3 times a week. Then this group inspired me to increase that to 5-6 days a week, then I upped it to 400 daily.
    Now I can easily do 1000 3-4 days, a little less the other days.
    See how influential you are?
    :bigsmile:
    I appreciate each one of you.
    :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    I am so freaking happy I have dropped 6 pounds this week.YAYAYAYAYA!!
  • Georg
    Options
    Great work!
    :flowerforyou:
    Check out my ticker!!!!
    I finally hit 20!
  • awestfall
    Options
    GREAT JOB Georg.Now BRING IT with those next 20 pounds .:flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    I think we all inspire eachother Georg...I thank you as well for being here and offering your support..20lbs!!! Georg what a way to bring in MAY!!!! Your a rockstar!!!
    Hey Awestfall!!! Slow down you weight dropping bombshell!! LOL.....6lbs u rock!!! I knew you could do it lady stay focused!! I dont know what my internet will be like for the next 2 weeks but trust that I am thinking of you guys and I will be jogging my intervals daily and just to be safe I brought every excercise dvd I own lol my guy will think IM nuts but I know it will prompt him to get in some cardio..by the time I get back I would like to be into the 190's...which is possible and reasonable....Phoenix and Apple keep up the good work and keep rocking those workouts....!! I had some biscuits this morning so now its time for me to be accountable and see how many calories I have for the day ..I wanted to eat breakfast with my father the little things we do together really mean the most during this time...
  • Georg
    Options
    wahoooo!!!!!
    Look at my ticker now!
    And that's after a dinner out (do you ever notice all the overweight people in restaurants?:huh: ) & a delicious meal & a glass of wine! I'm pleased with my meal choice at the restaurant. It wasn't as hard as I expected. Somehow foods that used to call my name are not so appealing any more. :laugh:
    yeeeehaw!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bring it this weekend!!!!!!!!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    wtg georg!!!!!!......woot woot!! keep it going!!!

im down to 201!!! and planning heavy workouts this week coming..i found a internet signal i hope i can find one everyday while im on vacation...bring it everyone:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenixflame
    Options
    I HAVE AB MUSCLES! They are still covered by fat, but I was flexing and realized "HOLY SHI!T I HAVE A BELLY SHIELD!"

And I REALLY noticed it when I went down for breakfast. I was starving when I woke up but had had to do something on my computer first. I'm one of those people who becomes ravenous if I don't eat first thing in the morning. My stomach was hugging my spine!

And because I share everything about my sucesses, here's what I did to get where I am:

- I take a bodysculpting class once a week.
    - I run on the treadmill and do spin (2nd position requires core support)
    - Every other day I do this video (though I sometimes change it up a bit): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrUUEujszlY
    - When I'm standing around, I do stomach vacuums. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

Now to get the fat off so I can flounce around in a bikini :grumble:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    I HAVE AB MUSCLES! They are still covered by fat, but I was flexing and realized "HOLY SHI!T I HAVE A BELLY SHIELD!"

And I REALLY noticed it when I went down for breakfast. I was starving when I woke up but had had to do something on my computer first. I'm one of those people who becomes ravenous if I don't eat first thing in the morning. My stomach was hugging my spine!

And because I share everything about my sucesses, here's what I did to get where I am:

- Every other day I do this video (though I sometimes change it up a bit): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrUUEujszlY
    - When I'm standing around, I do stomach vacuums. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

Im gonna look into the stomach vacum..sounds interesting....wtg on your success!!....How is everyone bringing it today!?? I havent really woken up so lol im going back to sleep for a few hrs then i will get up and clean and head to the complex gym...
  • awestfall
    Options

Im gonna look into the stomach vacum..sounds interesting....wtg on your success!!....How is everyone bringing it today!?? I havent really woken up so lol im going back to sleep for a few hrs then i will get up and clean and head to the complex gym...
    Yeah I am definitely going to try stomach vaccums.
  • meisje
    meisje Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    FINALLY back into my helathy routines/lifetsyle after wedding madness! biked to school and back today (over two hardcore hours) and then jogged with a friend for about 20 minutes tonight. now i am going to go some yoga and stretches before bed!
    my goal this month is to incorperate more abwork into my days - i am so lazy about situps, but i know i should be doing them to help my back stay strong!
    anyway, i am so much happier now that i am back in the groove. hope everyone is feeling the same!
  • Phoenixflame
    Options
    I LOVE stomach vacuums! They've really helped my posture and just keeping things "tucked in" in general. I find it easier to engage my abs when I do my routine.
  • Georg
    Options
    :bigsmile: Bringing it this week!
    Those last couple pounds have brought new momentum to my exercises. I'm trying to change it up a little & increase the cardio.
    Now I have to vacuum my what?!? :wink:
    I barely even vacuum my floor!:laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Im with ya on the situps perhaps we can make a challenge out of it...kind of promise to do so many each day...let me know what you think:drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    :bigsmile: Bringing it this week!
    Those last couple pounds have brought new momentum to my exercises. I'm trying to change it up a little & increase the cardio.
    Now I have to vacuum my what?!? :wink:
    I barely even vacuum my floor!:laugh:
    LOLOLOL Georg.....hey at least we arent asking the Doc to vacum our fat out....
    Good Morning Bring it Bunch!!
    Today Im planning to sleep a bit and then do my dvd's I miss them and its raining here in Louisville...soooo Im gonna bring it the old fashioned way lol...I feel good im watching what i eat carefully and I hope to return to NY way into the 190's
  • awestfall
    Options
    I have started to do stomach vaccums too.