CHILL!!!

Options
Roxy34
Roxy34 Posts: 146
It is human nature to get defensive and protective when you feel you are being judged, attacked, made fun of, accused, looked down upon, laughed at....etc.

But, at the end of the day, its all how you, personally, CHOOSE to react. You can LET it get you down OR you can let it GO.

For some, its hard to do. For others, its a piece of cake. But, I think its healthier to learn to let it go and take it with a grain of salt, than it is to get all twisted and p.o'd and have it ruin your day or life. Know what I mean? Life is too short to spend it angry because somebody didn't tell you what you 'wanted' to hear. Or because somebody didn't agree with you. Who cares?! As long as YOU know WHO you are, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

We may all be here for the same reason, but we all aren't going to have the same opinions on things or dish out the exact same advice or support. How BORING would it be if we all agreed on everything? Its just not realistic.

So what if somebody judges you? So what if somebody laughs at you? Don't let it get you down, let it make you stronger! THEY aren't beating you down. You're beating YOURSELF down by letting it get to you.

So, stay strong MFP's!! Grab life by the horns and kick a**!!!!! :happy:

Thats just my opinion!! :wink:

Opinion: a PERSONAL view, attitude, or appraisal.
Advice: an OPINION or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.

Replies

• Roxy34
    Options
    It is human nature to get defensive and protective when you feel you are being judged, attacked, made fun of, accused, looked down upon, laughed at....etc.

But, at the end of the day, its all how you, personally, CHOOSE to react. You can LET it get you down OR you can let it GO.

For some, its hard to do. For others, its a piece of cake. But, I think its healthier to learn to let it go and take it with a grain of salt, than it is to get all twisted and p.o'd and have it ruin your day or life. Know what I mean? Life is too short to spend it angry because somebody didn't tell you what you 'wanted' to hear. Or because somebody didn't agree with you. Who cares?! As long as YOU know WHO you are, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

We may all be here for the same reason, but we all aren't going to have the same opinions on things or dish out the exact same advice or support. How BORING would it be if we all agreed on everything? Its just not realistic.

So what if somebody judges you? So what if somebody laughs at you? Don't let it get you down, let it make you stronger! THEY aren't beating you down. You're beating YOURSELF down by letting it get to you.

So, stay strong MFP's!! Grab life by the horns and kick a**!!!!! :happy:

Thats just my opinion!! :wink:

Opinion: a PERSONAL view, attitude, or appraisal.
    Advice: an OPINION or recommendation offered as a guide to action, conduct, etc.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Can I get an 'Amen'!?
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    Exactly!!!! :smile:
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Not to mention we tend to learn the most from people who hold up the mirror to our faces and disagree with us. Look at the mess some of these Hollywood stars make of their lives because all they have is a bunch of yes-people around them agreeing with them and telling them what they want to hear. If you focus on the "crap" of life whether it be someones else's attitude or something that is happening to you all you're doing is attacting more crap into your life. Have gratitude every day!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Wojo
    Wojo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you Roxy. It boils down to why are you here, to get praised or impress someone else?? Not me, I'm here for me and that may sound selfish, but if you not here for you your here for the wrong reason. If you don't want this for yourself your going to fail. You have to want to look better and feel better, and BE BETTER. It's nice for others to notice but you need to notice and believe in what your doing. Nothing is going to work 100 % for 100% of the people, otherwise everyone would do it. You really have to sift through everything and figure out what works for YOU. Everyone can offer advice but it just advice, what worked for them. As someone who has tried a bunch of different things for many different reasons I feel I have found something that works for me, better eating, exercise and support. Thanks to all the MFP's out there all working to be better.

189804.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    what do you mean by that? :wink:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    No kidding!

Take 5 of these and call me in the morning.:drinker:
    2jdql5h_th.jpg
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Roxy34
    Options
    Omg, I LIVE with a spaz and it drives me NUTS! Spaz over things that are WORTH spazzing over. Not trivial, harmless, pointless, petty little things. Its just not worth it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Omg, I LIVE with a spaz and it drives me NUTS! Spaz over things that are WORTH spazzing over. Not trivial, harmless, pointless, petty little things. Its just not worth it.

I got a spare room

no spaz here
  • nickybr38
    Options
    I would challenge people here to realize that part of becoming a better person is being a kinder, more empathic person. Instead of the person who tramples over others blindly.

A group is only as strong as its weakest link. :bigsmile:
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    No kidding!

Take 5 of these and call me in the morning.:drinker:
    2jdql5h_th.jpg

:noway: Where do you get these??? I want a case
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options

You too!!! so do I....and I am soooo not a worry person! I could be down...lightning struck/burned my house 2 weeks ago...house was 5 months old!....but I got up everyday and picked up what was left...kept my chin up...and managed to only miss a few work outs!....lol

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!:wink:
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options

I got a spare room

no spaz here

On the internet I have come to learn you need to learn when jokes are appropriate and not appropriate. The more people I've dealt with I've learned you can easily offend someone. You have to remember that people have real feelings on the other side of the screen and you can either make someone upset, laugh, or cry. You have to be sensitive on the internet like you do in real life. Something to really keep in mind. Don't be so easy to dismiss someone or make jokes about someone, because right now I'm not too impressed with some of the members on this board.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    On the internet I have come to learn you need to learn when jokes are appropriate and not appropriate. The more people I've dealt with I've learned you can easily offend someone. You have to remember that people have real feelings on the other side of the screen and you can either make someone upset, laugh, or cry. You have to be sensitive on the internet like you do in real life. Something to really keep in mind. Don't be so easy to dismiss someone or make jokes about someone, because right now I'm not too impressed with some of the members on this board.

It's REALLY easy to forget that Falcon. Thanks for the reminder. :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

I got a spare room

no spaz here

impressed?

but judgmental....not a pleasant way to go through life
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I got a spare room

no spaz here

My experience on here has been that 99.9% of the people on here mean well. They want to educate, they want to debate. They don't want to chase people away, and they don't want to offend. I've been reading the posts (it's been a slow day) and nothing I saw was a joke made at the expense of someone else.

If something that you are reading on the internet is making you cry, you shouldn't be on it. If someone you don't know has that kind of power over you, you're going to need to see a therapist, and I don't mean that in a mean way. I'm 100% serious.

With that said... it is good to remind ourselves to be KIND in what we say... internet or no internet. Just because you yourself are not a sensitive person doesn't mean that everyone out there is that strong. We know you mean well, but I have seen some down talking. No need for it to go that far.

My two cents.