Salmon Dinner Recipies???

Options

Replies

• VinVenture
    Options
    This one is a bit high in calories, but it's delicious. We eat this exact thing twice a week for over a year and we're nowhere near getting sick of it.

(If you're trying to conceive I'll assume there's two of you.)
    Two avg. salmon fillets
    2/3rds to 1 box of light creme fraiche
    1-2 tbsp soy sauce (to taste)
    Salt and pepper to taste.

Fry salmon in frying pan, break it into bits, add salt and pepper to taste at this time. While salmon is frying, mix creme fraiche and soy sauce.
    When salmon is about done, add the "sauce" and let simmer for a few minutes. The longer, the goopier.
    Serve with rice or pasta.
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm a salmon purist (probably since I'm from the Pacific Northwest)
    My favorite recipe is simple, make a tin foil pouch, put the salmon in, rub the salmon with olive oil, minced garlic, sea salt and cracked black pepper squeeze on some fresh lemon juice (enough to add flavor but not enough to wash the salt and pepper off), top with sprigs of dill and whole slices of lemon and bake in the pouch at ~350 degrees F. Time will vary depending on how big a slab you're cooking. But it comes out perfect every time. This method also works well on the BBQ. If you're inclined to have a sauce I will doctor some mayo for added flavor (lemon juice, a touch of soy sauce, dried dill, black pepper and a little garlic powder).

Enjoy!

:drinker:

++ this one! This is how my family has prepared salmon ever since I can remember, and it's delicious every time. Especially fresh out of the water cooked over a campfire. Born and raised Alaskan here!!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I too looove salmon. Here's a few ideas (from a UK website but all ingredients should be easily available in US, and measurements can easily be converted online).

Salmon burgers- under 300 cals : http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7712/superhealthy-salmon-burgers

Thai red salmon curry: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4728/red-thai-salmon-curry

Salmon Ramen soup: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10088/ramen-noodles-with-chilli-salmon

Teriyaki Salmon: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9626/grilled-salmon-teriyaki-with-cucumber-salad

Cajun Salmon: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1658649/cajun-spiced-salmon
  • tonialeem
    Options
    LOVE SALMON!

I enjoy mine with a mixture of Sugar, paprika, chilli spice and a pinch of salt and pepper. spinkled on top and baked
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    my family loves when I season it with lemon pepper seasoning and put it under the broiler for 10-15 minutes. Gives it a nice flavor and feels like it has been on the grill without it falling apart on you. I usually searve it with a veggie greek salad with low fat feta and some wild rice.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I see lots of great recipes here so here is my tip with ANY of these. Cook extra salmon and then make salmon salad with the leftovers for the next day for lunch. Here is my salmon salad recipe from either cooking light or Health Magazine. I can't remember the nutrition info for this but it is light!

7 oz salmon flaked
    1/4 cup light mayo
    Zest of 1 lemon
    Juice of 1 lemon
    lots of cracked black pepper
    herb of choice

Mix the lemon zest, lemon juice, mayo and black pepper together in a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the flaked salmon and herbs and mix well.

Makes 2 servings. Serve on whole wheat bread, in a pita, or scooped on top mixed greens.

I have used the following herbs (separately) to make different variations: Cilantro, Italian Parsley, Fresh Dill.

Now you can get 2 days worth of salmon in but only have to cook it once!!
    Enjoy!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of people have said salmon is simple. I toss it in the oven and give it some cracked pepper and lemon juice. That's really all you need to do. You have to be careful with some of those sauces and marinades, no reason to shoot yourself in the foot by adding a bunch of calories.

Pair that up with some steamed broccolli and you've got an amazingly healthy dinner that even a former junk food addict like me can enjoy.

Best of luck!
  • summersk
    Options
    Try going to campbellskitchen.com and looking up salmon. They have lots of yummy, usually low cal recipes on there.
  • Graham_Terry
    Options
    1. go to alaska
    2. go to river
    3. get spear.
    4. shank every fish u see
    5. eat fish.
    6. poop it out.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Love salmon, its actually whats for dinner tonight so I may take a look at these ideas on here!

A great website is Allrecipes.com But we normally broil ours for 5 mins on each side flipping twice. We season it with either Mccormick salmon seasoning with a sprinkle of parm cheese on the last flip or some jerk marinade.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Mix leftover salmon with mashed potatoes and some green onion and paprika and you can fry up some salmon cakes.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ant210
    ant210 Posts: 19
    Options
    THANKS everyone for all the recipies....so helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ant210
    Options
    Thanks BrettPGH.....you are so right with the sauces....some do sounds great but def don't want to pack on the calories.
  • ant210
    Options
    PNIANA: This recipe looks familiar. I just printed one just like it from health.com Sounds yummy, thanks !
  • NCmcMan
    Options
    O i love Salmon. I know this is simple, but I just buy the frozen salmon 2lb bag from Walmart and I just spray the pan with calorie free spray, and pan fry them with a little Sicilian seasoning. It's low calorie, and delicious. For some reason salmon has a real good hearty taste, and it's extremely low in calories, and good for you.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have three main ways I always cook salmon. I always just bake it in the oven.....

1. teriyaki sause, serve with some brown rice and broccoli
    2. honey and basil--FAVORITE!!!
    3. make your own honey mustard with honey and dijon mustard (i like the spice of it) and bake with that on top
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    your dr was right about wild salmon :smile: farm raised are not as healthy from what ive read.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

easy recipes are to bake..use lemon juice or lemon slices, with dill weed..sometimes i have even baked fish in pickle juice..

YUMM !! :heart: :heart:

and best wishes for GREAT outcomes in both pursuits :bigsmile:
  • daliokio
    Options
    I like it with a glass of chardonnay chucked in and put in the oven for 30 mins, or with a splash of chilli dipping sauce, lime juice and some ground ginger.