Do you still eat carbs

Options

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Not eating carbs makes you angry and mean... It's not good for you to not eat them.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    nom nom nom ....carbs..
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...I don't care what anyone says :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I HAVE to have carbs for running. I used to get the "HEAT :mad: :mad: :mad: " because I refused to partake in Adkins/South Beach diets.

These days I am still eating carbs, but choosing healthier ones. :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have a shirt that says I :heart: Carbs!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    yes I eat the, ONLY in moderation
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs, can't live without them. It's important to just learn to eat in moderation!
  • Marvels1981
    Options
    Before I joined MFP I lost a lot of weight whilst still eating whatever I wanted. However about 2 months ago I hit a plateau and no matter how I mixed up my workouts I simply couldn't break it. A few weeks ago I was advised to try cutting out bread from my diet and take in more protein, immediately my weight started dropping again.

The only problem I had was the time it took my body to adjust to the lack of carbs to fuel the body.

I guess it's just down to personal preference and whatever you're comfortable with doing in order to lose those extra few pounds.
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I eat organic carbs which means they have no perservatives or gluten. I mostly eat fiberous fruits and veggies for them.
  • jen2607
    jen2607 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Before I joined MFP I lost a lot of weight whilst still eating whatever I wanted. However about 2 months ago I hit a plateau and no matter how I mixed up my workouts I simply couldn't break it. A few weeks ago I was advised to try cutting out bread from my diet and take in more protein, immediately my weight started dropping again.

The only problem I had was the time it took my body to adjust to the lack of carbs to fuel the body.

I guess it's just down to personal preference and whatever you're comfortable with doing in order to lose those extra few pounds.

That period of adjustment is ROUGH. The first few days after you significantly limit carb intake are so draining. It honestly feels like you're getting the flu or something. Then, your body adjusts :). I definitely don't eat a super low carb diet though, just a limited one.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I I think the main reason to cut out or lower carbs, because if you are on a low calorie diet, it is hard to fit it in. at least that is the case for me. It is really simple math.

If you do strength training, and/or try to maintain your muscles, you have to eat adequate amount of the protein. It is hard to eat protein without same fat. For example you want to eat 100 g protein, which comes let say 50 g of fat. That is immediately 950 calories, just to get enough protein and fat. For nutrition, you need to eat a few servings of veggies and fruits. Lets assume you eat 4 servings of veggies, 25 calorie each, 3 servings of fruits , 65 calories each. That added ~300 calorie to your diet. So these minimum nutrition requirements added up to 1150 calories a day, and very little room left for grains. Voila , that is the reason, most people limit their carbs on a low calorie diet.

Generally man BMR are higher and they can eat more. Or people who are already at maintenance and do not need to restrict their calories so much can eat more , and they fit more bread / pasta into their diet.

For me it comes to the choice of restricting bread and pasta , or doing extra cardio. I chose to restrict pasta, because I am lazy ;)
  • malai22
    Options
    I just read a great book called Wheat Belly. A cardiologist wrote it about the benefits of cutting wheat and gluten from your diet. It was very interesting.

I also read Wheat Belly and am now trying to cut down on wheat. I think each persons body loses weight differently - I LOVE Carbs but I don't think carbs love me. Wheat Belly talks about the difference between genetically modified short grains (readily available today in the US) and natural long grains. I totally agree it was a very interesting book...
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs by the spoonful.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that one day that white carbs and brown carbs, simple and complex were enjoyed together in perfect harmony and moderation. The only foods that should be discriminated against are the ones that taste bad :)

Beautiful :)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Our bodies need carbs, protein and fat, a mix of all three for health. I think carbs in the sense of sugar, candy and junk food are empty calories and should be limited but whole grains bring them on
  • Angel87a
    Angel87a Posts: 113
    Options
    Yes- can't live without carbs.. just eat healthier ones & moderation is key!
  • TigersFanIndy34
    Options
    Carbs nom nom nom - love them could never leave them. I liked parts of the lower carb plans so I kinda try to throw some of those ideas in there (like having a little protein which each meal, cutting out some of the simple stuff) but if you told me I got obese from eating apples I'd laugh in your face.

I eat carbs. Sometimes they are even white ones. Sometimes they even have frosting.

It's all about balance!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I still eat carbs. Honestly I probably eat a lot less of them than I used to (I used to live almost exclusively off of huge bowls of cheesy pasta LOL) but now I pay more attention to portion sizes. So I still eat it and enjoy it, I'm just more mindful of portion sizing as it relates to calorie content, so I often find myself making my pasta dishes with more veggies and protein and less of the pasta. I often go over on my carb goal here on MFP but I don't worry too much about it. As long as I'm getting in plenty of protein and veggies, I just don't worry about how my carbs stack up. They are delicious. LOL My usual intake is not low-carb by any means, just not as high as it used to be.

Same here!
  • DottieNewton
    DottieNewton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat from every food group--just some more then others. I eat carbs mostly in raw fruit and whole grains. Rarely eat a simple carb. Know from past experience I can not and will not stay on a eating plan where I ban any food group. I want to learn to eat like a normal person.
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What is the point of living if you can't eat carbs. I have carbs at every meal.
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love me some carbs. Hasn't slowed my weight loss down any. Boom!