lifting weights is working!! for real.

Options
124»

Replies

• momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I saw a girl today at the gym. If I'd been a little bolder, I'd have asked to take her picture for this thread. She had the most sculpted butt, quads, and calfs I'd ever seen on a real person (as opposed to pictures... yes... I know the pictures are of real people). She was doing squats. And she was tiny. Not bulky at all... just really chiseled. And gorgeous. I kinda stared. I hope she didn't notice.

Ha ha I loved this. I totally have body crushes at my gym -- I know they've caught me looking, but I don't care. It's motivating for sure.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    scapez, excellent! What weight-lifting are you doing??
    I start week 4 of training-for-life today.

None yet!!! :grumble: Too busy with holiday stuff and virtually no free time in the evenings. The new plan is to start up the week after Christmas when I'm off work and have loads of free time!
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting through a fitness bootcamp I started in October. Now I get more excited when I see my body changing than I do by seeing the scale change.
  • Ldubb007
    Options
    I agree. I think the calorie count on here for weight lifting is grossly off. It makes you NOT want to lift because you want to see calories burning!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    ok,I'll try and post the question to the right poster this time, lol!

"Girl with great back photos" - what weight-training routine do you use?

(I am in the middle of week 4 of training-for-life program.)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    ok,I'll try and post the question to the right poster this time, lol!

"Girl with great back photos" - what weight-training routine do you use?

(I am in the middle of week 4 of training-for-life program.)

LorinaLynn?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    Yep, LorinaLyn....but, even you, Rae503 - your routine I'd be interested in hearing about, too!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm doing stage 1 of the New Rules of Weight Lifting program. I should have moved to stage 2 already but I like it so much, I also add in some extra lifts sometimes. It includes deadlifts, squats, rows, lat pull downs, push ups, shoulder press, step ups and lunges (not all on the same day but spaced into two separate workouts). I REALLY like the program.