Zumba

Options

Replies

• casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love it! I do it on my xbox kinect system.. it is super fun!!! You will burn so many calories it's unbelievable...

I'm getting this for Christmas! Glad to see that someone likes it :)
  • bassklan
    bassklan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok, totally frustrated me the first couple of times! I couldn't seem to get everything moving in the right direction and as fast as the instructor! I have done it 3x a week for the last 3-4 weeks and I'm just getting the hang of some of the moves as of today! : ) I do modify some of the moves because of past injuries, etc. But, all and all, it burns lots of calories and it is better than the stationary bike or treadmill I used to use! So, I would say go for it! : ) I also got The Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD from the library and did it after Zumba tonight. (I know, glutton for punishment!) But, I did it, burned lots of calories - almost as much as I ate today!! I recommend both!
  • ThisMusicalMiss
    Options
    LOOOOOOVE IT!
    The music is high energy (I usually end up asking for the song names to download) and it's a party every class. XD
  • flnative
    flnative Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So happy to find this post on Zumba! I typically go twice a week and my instructor
    has the same taste in music so I really enjoy her class. The first time you will be so
    focused on the steps but by your second class you'll be having so much fun you won't
    care because you will be having such a good time!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I've just got the Zumba Exhilarate DVD pack.... and I'm pleasantly surprised...

I've done the 20 minute class (Zumba Rush) and the tempo is nearly as fast as an actual real life class...
    I'm slightly out of breath & dripping with sweat by then end of it.

I usually burn 210 calories after doing it.
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love it, I'm a certified Zumba Instructor in Scottsdale, Arizona and I love my class and students, A LOT!

ZUMBA LOVE!
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ZUMBA!!!!! It is fun fun fun :) You forget you are exercising (with the right instructor) and just Zumba your little heart out :)
  • srp18kat
    srp18kat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That would be fun Loree! I got a Kinect for the family for Christmas. May have to look into a Zumba or dance game for it.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Love it! I've never been to a live class, but I have the original DVD set. I just got done doing it in my hotel room (traveling for work). It plays right on my laptop, so I really have no excuse not to do it. It's fun, and before you know it, it's over and you have just burned over 500 calories. You can make it as easy or as hard as you want. Be prepared to sweat!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Love it! I've never been to a live class, but I have the original DVD set. I just got done doing it in my hotel room (traveling for work). It plays right on my laptop, so I really have no excuse not to do it. It's fun, and before you know it, it's over and you have just burned over 500 calories. You can make it as easy or as hard as you want. Be prepared to sweat!

Is this the three DVD set? If so, I also have it. I bought it thinking that I could stop the classes and just Zumba at home. Well, I did for one year. It was not the same. Not as exciting and didn't burn as many calories. I am back in class.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I go 3-4 times a week. It's a blast (if you aren't having fun find another class). The peoplea are great and it's an awesome workout. I've lost 50 lbs since doing zumba.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I love and I've been going 4-5x a week for over a year....
    I burned about 500 calories an hour at first but now it's more like 300...
    The fitter you get, the less you burn regardless of how hard you work out -- but I still wouldn't miss it!

Get yourself a good HRM to track your calories burned and don't trust the sites online that "guess" for you - especially if you eat your exercise calories back (as we should).
  • RieBerg
    RieBerg Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have a question about it. Is there a lot if going up and down in the class? I find that in aerobics classes if you have to get up and then kneel down repeatedly, I get dizzy and its pretty embarrassing. I am going to a Zumba class on Wednesday for the first time a and would like to know. Thanks!
  • jleighmcc
    Options
    Has anyone tried Zumba for the Xbox?? I never have the time to go to a class because of my work schedule and school...so if I want to do it at midnight is the video game just as good??? :)
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    <
    ZUMBA ADDICT!!!

Started with DVDs at home... I use a wrist heart rate monitor so it is not exact - but the top burn was 711 calories in 50 minutes... Eventually I moved on to live classes... top burn there has been 1043 I think. (Hey - I'm a big girl!)
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Love Zumba. But the instructor makes or breaks the class.

EXACTLY
  • Garilove
    Garilove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!! Tons of calories burned...
  • Journey2Myself
    Options
    Love - for me, it's a great workout (600+ cals burned in 50 minutes) and so much more fun and than spending an hour on an elliptical. And I'm completely uncoordinated and typically dislike exercise classes :)

Hi there! How do you know it is 600 cals? HRM or website? I do a zumba class.. but she throws hiphop in there.. I think I counted mine as 550 or 575 today..
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    absolutely love love love it
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i have zumba for my wii and i love it