name one, really random, strange fact about yourself

Options

Replies

• tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm "allergic to the cold"....... Seriously. Not a joke.

I have Raynaud's Phenomenon which is a condition in which cold temperatures or strong emotions cause blood vessel spasms that block blood flow to the fingers, toes, ears, and nose.

Oh, I have this too....but I'm so used to it iguess I don't consider it a strange fact anymore. LOL Mine is only in my hands. When I was a kid, docs try to have me "show" them what happened by sticking my hands in a bucket of ice water...idiots!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I HATE clowns.
    I can't sleep with my closet door partially open (thanx, Stephen King)
    I hate my hands being dirty
    I have a hard time touching/working with raw meat and use gloves if I have to do it.
  • kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm "allergic to the cold"....... Seriously. Not a joke.

I have Raynaud's Phenomenon which is a condition in which cold temperatures or strong emotions cause blood vessel spasms that block blood flow to the fingers, toes, ears, and nose.

Oh, I have this too....but I'm so used to it iguess I don't consider it a strange fact anymore. LOL Mine is only in my hands. When I was a kid, docs try to have me "show" them what happened by sticking my hands in a bucket of ice water...idiots!

It's really not too strange for me... but other people think it is.
    The doc almost made me do that but thankfully I had pictures! So no ice bucket test for me.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn every single night. Some people shove handfuls in their mouth.
    Me= one piece at a time

OMG I do this too! Im addicted to air popped popcorn with white cheddar powder sprinkled on top. AND EVERYONE thinks its wierd i eat it one piece at a time
  • Pwnpickles
    Options
    I played the bagpipes as part of the opening act at a Rod Stewart concert. Yes, seriously! I got a message one day from another piper I know asking if I'd like to open for Rod Stewart. I figured he was kidding, but I called him back. He wasn't kidding. So I drive down to Virginia, hooked up with my old band, and we opened up his show in Roanoke.

Years later, I got a similar call, this time from someone affiliated with the Chieftains. They wanted a piper to perform with them at a show in Cleveland. That was one of the coolest gigs in my life!

So random fact: cool bagpiping gigs

If I was not already "Wifed" I would want you to marry me ;)

Strange fact about me... Kilt fetish, hardcore.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I sleep with my feet outside the covers every single night. My feet are like mini heaters...

...and I always wear sandals because they feel confined in shoes (Unless I'm working out, of course). I even wear sandals when it's a little rainy outside! They just get too hot in boots :frown:
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    I can not stand styrofoam! The sound, when people touch it , or rub it it! Makes me feel a "nails on a chalk board" feeling! Just typing this and thinking about it is bothersome!

Oh my....me too!!! Especially when they use it for the playpens for infants!!! ekkkk hurts my ears
  • dropofhope
    Options
    I have an airplane shaped birthmark on my inner thigh.
    I have not used an airplane bathroom since I was 7 and we flew to Germany. Even on trips to Hawaii I hold my pee cause I HATE airplane bathrooms.
    I always have to have a clear shower curtain.
    My mom recently pointed out that all of my closest friends are shorter than me. She thinks I must be the tallest person among my friends because I have control issues.
    I suck on peanut m&m's until the the shell dissolves, then I suck all the chocolate off, then I chew the peanut. It makes roof of my mouth raw, but I can't eat them any other way!
    All doors must be closed before I can go to bed, bathroom door, laundry room door, closet door and bedroom door.
    I put lotion on my entire body every single day, I cannot proceed with the rest of my day until I'm moisturized. If my feet or hands feel dry it will wake me up out of my sleep and I must put on lotion to sleep comfortably...
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    The sight of fish gills makes me want to vomit. Even thinking about them is grossing me out :noway:
  • lubilu24785
    Options
    when I drink JD it has only to come with one piece of ice, it the bar staff don't pay attention they get it back and told to start again

hehe...I do the same with Baileys in my local x
  • mummy2oscar
    mummy2oscar Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ditto
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I used to do that ! When I put the q-tip in my ear it makes me cough!! I hate hair !! on the floor, in the sink, its gross, my hair is a little less gross than other peoples, black hair is the worst !
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I chew almost a pack of gum a day - to keep from snacking...

We raise goats - when the preemies are born in the winter & need help, it's not unusual to find one beside my bed in a basket. We have to either bottle them or tube-feed them through the night.

we are a "foster home" for orphaned lambs. The farmer down the road brings them to us when they lose their mamma. My girls love bottle-feeding them until they get big and spring comes...then we send them back to the farmer! It's normal to come in our house and see a lamb in a diaper running around! : )
    At least WE think it's normal and most of our close friends do too!

The other thing is chalk...I hate chalk....I will get goose bumps and shivers thinking about it....like now! just typing the word gives me the heebie-jeebies! *shudders*
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I haveto be on the left side of everything!! Sit on the left side of a table, walk on the left side, run on the treadmill on the left side of my workout buddy....left...left...left....no right!! lol!! Must be because I am left-handed...:tongue:
  • LovelyMumOf2
    Options
    ~I hate the feel of ice- I refuse to touch it!
    ~I cant sleep unless I am facing the door, but as far away from it as possible.
    ~I have to be touching my boyfriend, or kids, or whoever else is in the bed with me at night...all night! I usually drive them nuts putting my feet on them. I just like the security I guess, knowing that they are right there.
    ~ I can't stand to have my feet covered.
    ~I wear flip flops year round. Rain, sleet, hail, or snow....you'll always see me in flip flops!
    ~I laugh when I'm EXTREMELY mad! Drives my boyfriend insane, he never knows if he can take me seriously. I don't know why I do this- I think it's because I learned at a young age that laughing is better then screaming. I don't know...
  • Effief21
    Effief21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do that too! :)
  • LovelyMumOf2
    Options
    I take off my seat belt when driving over a bridge in case it collaspes when I go over....all the time I'm plotting how I'd jump in the back seat, unbuckle my babies, pop the windows with my glass shatterer kept in the back seat, and swim to safety.....

Don't know where that irrational fear came from....seriously....

Oh I also lift my feet every time I cross railroad tracks (kinda like step on a crack, break your mother's back) but the feet over traintracks is so that you don't lose your bf/gf/spouse....etc....Been doing that since I was a kid...now 37...STILL do it, even if driving...

Can you imagine if there were railroad tracks ON a bridge...holy cow I'd be in trouble!
    If traffic is heavy and at a dead stop, I refuse to stop ON the bridge, or under it for that matter. I'll stop way before it, just because I'm terrified the bridge will fall.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have to set and reset my alarm 3x every night so I can know for sure that I set it! I am scared of birds and fish if it's not on my plate :laugh:
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I take off my seat belt when driving over a bridge in case it collaspes when I go over....all the time I'm plotting how I'd jump in the back seat, unbuckle my babies, pop the windows with my glass shatterer kept in the back seat, and swim to safety.....

Don't know where that irrational fear came from....seriously....

Oh I also lift my feet every time I cross railroad tracks (kinda like step on a crack, break your mother's back) but the feet over traintracks is so that you don't lose your bf/gf/spouse....etc....Been doing that since I was a kid...now 37...STILL do it, even if driving...
    Can you imagine if there were railroad tracks ON a bridge...holy cow I'd be in trouble!

I freak out when I'm stopped under a freeway overpass. I always leave tons of space in front of me in case there's an earthquake or something.......I can somehow drive away and escape! :laugh:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump..these are great so far..i got 15 pages to go :wink: