soo tattoos or no tattoos??

Options

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've loved tattoos since the first one I saw when I was thirteen or so. It was a beautifully coloured dragon that wrapped around the guys body... head on the shoulder, body down the back, legs wrapping around the torso, tail wrapping down around his thigh.

That said, I don't really like the fact that it's become so mainstream because so many people seem to get one or more just because it's 'in' to do so, or because they're 'pretty'.

I have one tatt myself, small, black ink, a symbol denoting the spiritual warrior/internal struggle of self with self. It will be embellished a bit further to mark my next big birthday.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have four and all of mine can be covered too! Two of them I wish I didn't get but that's what happens when you're 16yrs old.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have three and they're all from my own artwork.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Two, working on the thrid, they are all slow progress... after all they are meant to be for life. So, I have no problem with tats, other than people, who have them just because they are in trend...
  • allieferriera
    allieferriera Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have three all on my inner forearms. I get one every year for my birthday. This year I may get two. I love love love tattoos. Once I am a suitable weight I plan on getting a chest piece.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos on a man, if they are not over done or seem to fit him. Oddly a man can be sexy because of his sleeve of tattoos or he can be totally a turn off because of it. It really depends on how he carries himself.

For myself? I had a tattoo done when I was 18 (10 years ago now) I had it put on my mid/low back because I was in the USAR at the time and tattoos were frowned upon. However now that I am no longer in the service I want more tattoos but my money is going for more important things right now. Perhaps for Christmas I will get my Chinese zodiac sign on the back of my neck, or a foot tattoo... I like them where I can cover them up because working in nursing, they can also be frowned upon...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I have three on my right arm (one for each kid and one for my dog), one on my back (my first ever), one on my chest (for my wife), and one on my left arm that I got 9 years ago and a sleeve in progress on my left arm (a dragon wrapping around my entire arm surrounded by flames). I love them. I got my first one 15 years ago and am totally hooked. Once my sleeve is done I want to get more work done on my right arm and possibly a back piece. I have absolutely no regrets. My wife also has several tattoos and I think they're sexy as hell.
  • vilardip1
    Options
    have one...full rib cage left side...love it, not a hint of regret lol
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have just one (have had it for 7 years). It's a treble clef on my lower right hip with a little purple star. I got it the weekend after the first opera I was in. Absolutely do not regret it. I love it!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    LOVE them :) I currently have 5 which can all be covered if I want :) I have at least 2 more that I plan on getting.

My husband has about 10 or 11 can't remember! LOL They are so sexy to me!
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I don't have one and probably never will. Just not my thing.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I do not have any tattoos, they are not really my thing, but I understand why a lot of people love them and I say to each his (or her) own.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    Love tattoos... If I could I would do sleaves but it would not go over well at work...

I have 5 and all can be covered ... Getting my 6th one tomorrow afternoon.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have two tattoos (one on each ankle) and I've decided when I hit my total goal weight (I keep changing it) and maintain for at least 1 year -- I'm getting another one. :)

I will always make sure any tatts I have can be completely covered - my current job isn't picky about them as long as they aren't offensive, but you never know when you might want a job that won't like them. :)
  • lowliar
    Options
    I have one, which is my MMA team logo on my chest. They were all harassing me about not buying a team T-shirt, so I went and 1-upped everybody lol.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    depends on the tat, depends on the person, location, number, size, etc.

I have one. 3 stars on the top of my foot. my best friend has the same one. the fact that they are the same is the only significant thing. we did it spur of the moment, the stars don't signify anything and we both still like them.

I plan to get another sometime down the road. I have designed it already, just waiting for the right time.
  • Effief21
    Effief21 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are sexy
  • catclws
    Options
    yes i have many tattoo's. i started in 1980, when they where not considered cool. i feel they are a personal art and should be enjoyed. :)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I have 3 that I love, all which have a special meaning to me.

Left foot - breast cancer awareness ribbon. Lost my nana a few years back to IBC. I was close to her so this is just something to remember her by and support the cause.

Right foot- Colon cancer awareness ribbon (blue w/yellow heart). My dad was diagnosed last year with colorectoral cancer. He fought all year long and is now a survivor.

Chest/collar bone- my newest tat (got it last weekend).. They shall run and not be weary. Isaiah 40:31, this whole verse is great and this part of just means a lot to me on this journey as well as so many other aspects of my life.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    I have about 15 hours of tattooing over about 5 different areas :) I will get more but I decided I was going to reward myself with more as I reach my different goal weights! I've used up the spaces that won't stretch with weight loss/gain so I don't want to get an area covered now that's going to end up shrinking and maybe pulling the design out of proportion, haha.

As far as being accepted or not, I think as long as you don't get something obscene on your face, neck, or hands, you're good to go. I have only ever gotten totally positive reactions about my tattoos. I work in a creative field though. I guess it would be different in a more uptight field but ... I wouldn't want to work in one anyways!