soo tattoos or no tattoos??

Options

Replies

• Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    I LOVE TATTOOS :) I have 27 total. My favorite is the one on my chest it is a portrait of my grandparents on their wedding day.
    I'm a big girl and have been for awhile but I show them off as much as I can while still being tastefully dressed.

I have on my right arm a sleeve I am working on and on my back I have three portraits (Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin) Wouldn't ever think of covering them.

The best thing I ever read about the issue was " People with tattoos don't care if you don't have them, so why do you care if they do?"
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, I got my first at 16, now at 46 I am still getting them, I have over 40...my right calf is completely covered in flowers and birds. My husband and I have several matching tattoos, and I think my favorite one that always makes people LOL is the camel that I have on my big toe :P My all time favorite though is this one
    myhalloweenfairy.jpg
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    None nada, I hate commitments!:laugh:
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, I got my first at 16, now at 46 I am still getting them, I have over 40...my right calf is completely covered in flowers and birds. My husband and I have several matching tattoos, and I think my favorite one that always makes people LOL is the camel that I have on my big toe :P My all time favorite though is this one
    myhalloweenfairy.jpg

I love this one! I'm thinking of something fanciful with lots of color. Maybe a fairy and dragon!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    i think tattoos are cool! :) my brother, dad and some of my friends have them!

i might get one some day but this just depends on my fear of pain! haha. i was thinking of getting one on my shoulder but not sure of what since i'd like mine to be meaningful.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Just got my first one last week. I like tattoos if they aren't over done...I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of sleeves. I also feel like if they are going to be on your body forever they need to mean something, which is why it took me like 10 years to decide on something. haha I just couldn't walk in and pick something random to put on my body.

...since its my first one had to show it off haha

390878_332884093394853_100000197965864_1531696_1500340140_n.jpg

i like this!! :)
  • Kelly50054
    Options
    Just askin' ...
    Do tat's that are visable have any impact on people who are looking for work? Do persepective employers use this in a way not to hire someone with visable ones?
  • Natalie49
    Natalie49 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hmm not really into tattoos.. but i don't really mind them (just a few)!
    way too many tattoos,,, that i dont like at all!
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    Just askin' ...
    Do tat's that are visable have any impact on people who are looking for work? Do persepective employers use this in a way not to hire someone with visable ones?

It depends on what line of work you're in. In a professional setting, it absolutely has an impact.

All of mine are coverable. I'm currently a stay-at-home mom, but I worked in the corporate world for many years and no one knew I had tattoos because I always wore suits. You'd be surprised how many medical professionals, vice-presidents, professors, etc have ink :D
  • MissNothing130
    Options
    I've currently got 4. One on my hip, one of my forearm & one on each hand. I want another one on my opposite forearm, another on opposite hip, one on the side of my hip, one on the side of my boob, one of my hand ones extended, one on my neck & possible one on my foot/leg.
    I really love tattoo's, hah. :)

Also, my tattoos were no issues when it came to getting a job. I don't even bother covering them up & I work in sales. It honestly just depends on the management at the store. Some people are ok with them, some not so much.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    Just askin' ...

I think it depends on what you do for a living... I do have one on the inside of my wrist. I work at a hospital... They don't mind at all. However, the last hospital I worked at, I would have to cover it... It just depends.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I love tattoos!! I have seven of them...and i want more!! They can all be covered up if i need them to be. I have....

butterfly--R shoulder---because i love butterfly's
    stars/heart--neck & kinda across shoulder---heart for my parents/stars for my siblings
    "S" w/butterfly's and bubbles--upper middle of back---"S" is for my name 7 bubbles for my family and 3 butterfly's for my kids
    left side--stars & swirls---1 big one for me the next two for my boys and the last one for my daughter
    hearts--behind L ear---3 for my kids in their favorite colors
    black rose (opened)--behind right ear---to represent my past struggles that i have went trough and will continue to go through
    breast cancer ribbon--L ankle---fro my mom R.I.P.

and i want more!!
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    no interest
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just askin' ...

It depends on what line of work you're in. In a professional setting, it absolutely has an impact.

All of mine are coverable. I'm currently a stay-at-home mom, but I worked in the corporate world for many years and no one knew I had tattoos because I always wore suits. You'd be surprised how many medical professionals, vice-presidents, professors, etc have ink :D

i love tattoos for one. I have two beautiful pieces (both can be covered)
    Half of the Drs and nurses I work with have some sort of tattoo. There have been plently of late slow nights we compare or talk about future pieces. I like to keep them covered but also have them where i can show them off at will.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I think like everything, moderation is key. Anything in excess is never good.
    I have 1 small, one medium, and I am getting one more small then I am done =)

20646_1279906792136_1064010115_30769469_7517775_n.jpg

Right after I got it.
  • bigwill5
    bigwill5 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have none and have no desire to write on myself. In professional/business environment still frowned upon.
  • aquapussy
    Options
    No tatts. I just can't see myself liking the same image my entire life. However, I have dreadlocks and a lip piercing (and various other piercings in the past). I actually started my dreads to mark my weight loss journey, same idea as a tatt but not as permanent if I ever need to work in an office environment :) Not that I ever plan to but it is nice not to have more going against me than is necessary.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have issues with perm. things. The most committed things in my life are my marriage, being a mom, and losing weight. But I go through stages of wanting things like I wanted my tongue pierced, got it done and 3yrs later was sick of it. I see tats and am like "I want that." When I get my stomach where I want it I'm getting my belly button pierced. I use to want a tat right next to my belly button of a heart. Or one on my ankle, but now I'm thinking of just doing it but getting it on my back so I don't have to see it. Tramp stamp is what I think I'll go for, but it'll be after the weight is off and the body is toned.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have 9 total and I want more...I just can't afford them! Lol. I have my shoulder blades...inbetween the shoulder blades. My ribs...both sides...my feet. And my left ring finger :)
  • kacbldmm07
    Options
    LOVE them!
    I have four. I personally would not get a sleeve, but I love a sleeve on a man..