20 pounds down by Christmas!

Options
1293031323335»

Replies

• catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I updated the spreadsheet this morning, but forgot to post in the thread :embarassed: Now I'm on the wrong computer and can't access the spreadsheet....

OK, weigh in... 203.6 - I've lost something, but I'm not sure what, because I updated the spreadsheet without making a note of my old weight first :noway:

So close to goal now!! .4lbs to go!

Well done everyone on your losses, well done Cschu for breaking your plateau! I love looking at the spreadsheet and seeing how much weight we've all lost together, we've done so well:drinker:

Edit: just worked it out, I've lost .8lb this week!
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am less then 2 lbs away from the 20 lbs lost mark! I am waiting to see that nice number by the end of the month. I haven't lost anything. So I am hoping by adding in Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack and 30 day shred for this month will give my body a change. Although I am still Kickboxing :-). Plan on following a more strict diet starting this week. We got this in the bag team! We all should be proud of ourselves thus for.
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I weighed this morning and the scale said 306.6 lbs!! I started at 328 even and am now down to 306.6!!! I have lost 21.4 lbs doing this challenge!! Thank you so much for the motivation!! Keep it up guys it can be done and you still have time!! :D
  • lauraOOOO
    lauraOOOO Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i will weigh in tomorrow morning- i was in Banff last night and I didn't have access to a scale today!!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS LED_2006 FOR BEING THE FIRST ONE TO NOT ONLY HIT THE 20 POUND LOSS, BUT BLOW IT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! (Plese PM me your address :)

See, IT CAN BE DONE!!! Whose going to hit second place? The race is on!! I've lost 16 lbs since we've started, how about you!?
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well ladies looks like I have lost the 2lbs I thought I had gained plus an extra pound. i have lost 22 lbs, current weight is 232 according to the doctors scale. curious to see what the end of the month brings.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    oh dear,, haven't lost an ounce or gain an ounce,, I weigh extactly I weighed last week did not make change to spreadsheet.

Hopefully, next week will see some improvement but...... if not,, I am PROUD of myself for losing so much since May, most of my weight loss was from October, when I first joined MFP. Back in May, I was 283, now I am 253.6,, a huge improvement -- 30 pounds!
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! I did it!!

Not only did I do it - I smashed it lol!!

My weigh in this week - 200.4, down 22.6lbs in total:drinker:

Thanks everyone for the support and good luck to everyone crossing the finishing line - you can do it! This has been a fantastic group and we've all come so far together, I never truly believed I'd actually lose 20lbs, and at the same time nearly hit that massive milestone of ONEderland!!!

Big, big, thanks to Cschu for setting up the group and sticking with it all the way through, You've been fantastic :flowerforyou:

Well done and good luck everyone!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    As we gear up for the final Sunday before Christmas, I just want to say I'm proud of each and every once of you for giving this challenge everything you had. I missed the mark by 3 pounds, but I am very proud of the weight I did lose in just under a month. Many of you have KILLED the 20 lb mark, and kept going- What an amazing loss!! I am so proud.. you don't even know. Later today I'll pull our final numbers from the spreadsheet, and we will see how our progress has really been.

I'd like to Thank you all for sticking with me through these last few months as we tried to avoid all the tasty, tempting holiday foods. I will be making a new challenge for Valentine's Day. Keep an eye out!

You're all an inspiration to me, and the reason I keep going on my journey.

Please enjoy your holidays, eat that cookie, you've all earned it.

Much Love-
    Christina
  • lucylou9701
    Options
    140lbs -3lbs from last week :)
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My weigh in today is 163, so I've lost 14.4 for the challenge so far. I don't think I will lose 5.6 pounds this week to make it to 20, BUT I REALLY think I will lose at least 1 to make it to a healthy weight at 162!! I'm really excited about hitting that! I am off this week so I will get to zumba &/or go to the gym every single day this week. That will offset the not so great eating that will be happening, haha :) I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN /CHECK iN

As of 12/18 i'm at 167---total loss is 21.5!! so far (8 pounds from healthy BMI!!!)
    down another 2 pounds!!!! even though i bumped my weekly weight loss goal to only half a pound per week
    AND ate all my exercise calories
    AND sometimes went over
    (BUT still worked out A LOT!)

this week's NSV did another 10K yesterday and shaved off 2 minutes from my previous 10K total time! ( and still beat my size 4 zumba teacher)

12/10
    holding at 169!!!
    down another half a pound
    holding at 19.5 TOTAL loss (even though the ticker shows 20)

For DEC started DOING RIPPED IN 30 everyother day...plus the usual work out schedule (teach 3 spin classes, teach 1 cardio/strength training/core class, run 4 to6 miles at least one day per week, 60 min zumba one day per week, and if it doesnt rain on sunday ride my bike 40 or more miles)

nonscale victory: today i am wearing my size 12 Anne Taylor lined wool pants (no stretch and not oversized) and they are soooo looose i look silly! and can slide them off without unbuttoning! OMG!!! time to open my suitcase of formerly retired skinny clothes.

when I weighed in today the digital scale kept bouncin back and forth between 168.5 and 169 -- I actually saw 168.5 several seconds before that TEASE of a scale settled down to 169

Hit me with some James Brown: I FEEL GOOD...
    12/3
    total loss = 19!!!

11/30
    171 pounds
    total loss = 17.5
    ( 1 more pound and I will be at my halfway mark to ultimate goal)
    11/20
    no change... 173 and holding...but i have worke out a lot!.... and eaten a lot this week...

11/13
    lost another half pound!!! down to 173--that is 15.5 total pounds

non scale victory -- pulled out my old LUCKY jeans that i have not even dared to try on in ages due to the discomfort of tight tight tight jeans and....drum roll please....they fit! loose! not super loose but loose enough to def. say they were loose! maybe i will just wrap up my honeymoon jeans under the xmas tree?

still plan to stay focused on 1 to 1.5 pounds loss per week and NOT losing too fast and therefore losing muscle.
    working on eating almost all my exercise calories. doing at least 45 min of cardio PLUS jillian's SHRED daily.
    sleeping 8 hours, eating 4 to 6 veggie portions per day.
    174.5 (down half a pound)
    worked out 45 minutes every morning AND added nightly shred video...AND did a 10k race on Saturday
    BUT this was my highest calorie week since i started MFP and i was over goal like half of the week so i am grateful for losing at all.

this coming week the goal is 1.5 or more pounds down

lets stay totally focused EVERYONE!
    :)

nonscale victory: ran the 10K... cut about 30 seconds off of my average pace AND was ahead of my super fit size 4 gal-pal at the end!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!! Weigh in today is 159, down 4 lbs!! My total loss this challenge is 18.4, so just 1.6 away from reaching 20 lbs. I'm pretty happy with that!! I still have a long way to go, but I'm motivated & really want to meet my ultimate goal before summer!! :) will there be another challenge? :)
  • spottedlee
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! I stepped on scale and surprised myself with another 2.4 pounds lost in spite of all those candies I made (and ate) and lost a total of 15.8 pounds for the challenge.. That's more than I dare to hope! It's not 20, but still,, it's a huge acheivement for me as I struggled all my life with my weight. Since May (last offical weighin at doc), I lost a total of 32 pounds!
  • cuatesmom
    cuatesmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN /CHECK iN

As of 12/28 I am at 166 down another pound for a total of 22.5 (7 pounds from healthy BMI)
    and this week i set the calorie goal at maintence and went over at least once...wow!
    worked out a LOT till i got the flu

this has been a powerful challenge...so motivating...and full of inspiring MFPers. thanks for leading us here!
    12/18 was at 167---total loss is 21.5!! so far (8 pounds from healthy BMI!!!)
    down another 2 pounds!!!! even though i bumped my weekly weight loss goal to only half a pound per week
    AND ate all my exercise calories
    AND sometimes went over
    (BUT still worked out A LOT!)

this week's NSV did another 10K yesterday and shaved off 2 minutes from my previous 10K total time! ( and still beat my size 4 zumba teacher)

12/10
    holding at 169!!!
    down another half a pound
    holding at 19.5 TOTAL loss (even though the ticker shows 20)

For DEC started DOING RIPPED IN 30 everyother day...plus the usual work out schedule (teach 3 spin classes, teach 1 cardio/strength training/core class, run 4 to6 miles at least one day per week, 60 min zumba one day per week, and if it doesnt rain on sunday ride my bike 40 or more miles)

nonscale victory: today i am wearing my size 12 Anne Taylor lined wool pants (no stretch and not oversized) and they are soooo looose i look silly! and can slide them off without unbuttoning! OMG!!! time to open my suitcase of formerly retired skinny clothes.

when I weighed in today the digital scale kept bouncin back and forth between 168.5 and 169 -- I actually saw 168.5 several seconds before that TEASE of a scale settled down to 169

Hit me with some James Brown: I FEEL GOOD...
    12/3
    total loss = 19!!!

11/30
    171 pounds
    total loss = 17.5
    ( 1 more pound and I will be at my halfway mark to ultimate goal)
    11/20
    no change... 173 and holding...but i have worke out a lot!.... and eaten a lot this week...

11/13
    lost another half pound!!! down to 173--that is 15.5 total pounds

non scale victory -- pulled out my old LUCKY jeans that i have not even dared to try on in ages due to the discomfort of tight tight tight jeans and....drum roll please....they fit! loose! not super loose but loose enough to def. say they were loose! maybe i will just wrap up my honeymoon jeans under the xmas tree?

still plan to stay focused on 1 to 1.5 pounds loss per week and NOT losing too fast and therefore losing muscle.
    working on eating almost all my exercise calories. doing at least 45 min of cardio PLUS jillian's SHRED daily.
    sleeping 8 hours, eating 4 to 6 veggie portions per day.
    174.5 (down half a pound)
    worked out 45 minutes every morning AND added nightly shred video...AND did a 10k race on Saturday
    BUT this was my highest calorie week since i started MFP and i was over goal like half of the week so i am grateful for losing at all.

this coming week the goal is 1.5 or more pounds down

lets stay totally focused EVERYONE!
    :)

nonscale victory: ran the 10K... cut about 30 seconds off of my average pace AND was ahead of my super fit size 4 gal-pal at the end!
    [/quote]