Big Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I am still in. Will send in my weight tomorrow. Water challenge is fine with me. I have no problem with my water unless I am somewhere where it is hard to get. Looking forward to all of it.:heart:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    WOW!! My how we've grown - and in the right way!

Welcome, Welcome one and all
    To the bestest Blues of them all

Who wants to throw out a challenge...

HMMMMMM....

maybe week 1 we focus on 8 glasses of water a day....who's with me....

I always get 6 or 7 but rarely 8....

Im with you! I usually drink about 3-5 litres a day... But some day I maybe will drink 1 cup hahaha
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    :drinker: sounds great!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    So I don't normally buy those frozen entrees fro lunch, but I forgot to pack today. I got the a Healthy Choice Steamer, the Grilled Chicken Marinara, and I have to say it was the FIRST time I've ever had a fozen meal from any brand that DIDN'T taste gross or flavorless. The broccoli was fresh and the chicken actually had the texture of chicken, not that squishy weird stuff like in canned soup. Yummmmmmm! :flowerforyou:
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    so we start tomorrow are we going to go with the 8 glasses of water a day as our first week. Of course we should not stop doing it at week two but I just want to make sure I start off correctly.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    so we start tomorrow are we going to go with the 8 glasses of water a day as our first week. Of course we should not stop doing it at week two but I just want to make sure I start off correctly.

Sure. I'm more than willing to do more than one challenge, though if anyone wants to suggest a fitness related one. I need the butt-kicking! :devil: :laugh:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    OK sent in my start weight. And I could use the water challenge too, I always fall short. I don't include my coffee, milk, etc., just my water, so maybe that's why. But for the challenge, I'm going to get the water in if it kills me haha. j/k

I just went grocery shopping, this morning. I have an idea for a challenge for later on, if you want. How about the challenge of buying NO processed foods for the week? hehe That one might be easy for someone that doesn't shop that week, so maybe no eating the processed stuff in our cupboards too?

Just throwing an idea out...
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    No processed foods ughh that would be hard for me since I work and have hungry kids when I get home but I could do it for me, shouldnt be too hard.

I ran out of my usual lunch so I had to go to the store. Got a lean cusine flat bread steak thing. Not bad but am missing my usual lunch lol.
  • sarahlouise87
    Options
    WOW!! My how we've grown - and in the right way!

Welcome, Welcome one and all
    To the bestest Blues of them all

Who wants to throw out a challenge...

HMMMMMM....

maybe week 1 we focus on 8 glasses of water a day....who's with me....

I always get 6 or 7 but rarely 8....

Now that is a challenge considering i get two max a day! i really need to drink more
  • chosen
    chosen Posts: 31
    Options
    :smile: glad to be here!! and I am with you for the 8 glasses of water a day.
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    We can't be the BIG blue team...we need to be the Bionic, Bodacious Blue Team or something like that! :laugh: (I know the big was just there since the team has increased in size.)

I never have a problem drinking my water so I am interested in a fitness challenge for this week! I will try with the no processed foods...but not 100% sure what is meant by that. Like, since I usually eat an English Muffin for breakfast, does that mean I would instead have to make it from scratch? If so, I'm out on that. I try to avoid a lot of processed things but there are some things I just don't have time to make myself!

Kathy :happy:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    writer4him - I think in that case you would just do 100% whole wheat or something more natural like that, if you aren't all ready.

Darn, now I'm craving a whole wheat english muffin...:grumble: :laugh:

I've got 2 cups of water in so far! I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a jug of spring water (our well water tastes groooooss) and a pretty water bottle because my old one smells like spoiled cappuccino and I can't bring myself to drink out of it. :sick: :laugh:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    yahoo! i'm excited to start this challenge a week early! i'm with you chrissy on the water- so far today i'm at 4...i've been using a 32 oz water bottle and just leaving it on my desk and forcing myself to down 2 a day...

i've been making it lately but it's a struggle.

rach, my SW is 157 for the challenge. :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    Options

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I'm up for the water challenge. I usually get in my 8 glasses, but I can still use the motivation. As for the processed food challenge, can't do that this week as groceries are already bought and I live on frozen meals for lunches at work, BUT put be down for trying next week. Just need a little time to prepare :tongue:

Thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better in the weeks to come!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

my start weight is 178.8
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    hi, starting weight was 199.8 current weight is 193.8
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Me and my giant Weight Watchers jug with the big, fat straw have made very good friends today. I'm at 5 glasses of water and floating away...

Surprisingly, I drank almost 10 yesterday!!! :noway:

Yeah, I was up in the potty all night!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    As far as a fitness challenge we could do # of days or minutes for the week....

How about 4 days next week....
    it could be a 15 minute walk
    a butt kick strength workout
    elliptical
    bicycling
    bowling
    soccer with the kids

4 days of activity and WATER!!! How's that sound???
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Me and my giant Weight Watchers jug with the big, fat straw have made very good friends today. I'm at 5 glasses of water and floating away...

Surprisingly, I drank almost 10 yesterday!!! :noway:

Yeah, I was up in the potty all night!

Lucky you! I'm apparently so dehydrated my body is soaking up all this water like a sponge. :laugh: