Big Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have so much trouble getting enough water on the weekends. I carry it with me but i just don't get the same amount i do during the week. GRRRRR! I am always 2 pounds heavier on Monday mornings because of this. For some reason i just don't drink it like i do sitting at my desk at work.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I have so much trouble getting enough water on the weekends. I carry it with me but i just don't get the same amount i do during the week. GRRRRR! I am always 2 pounds heavier on Monday mornings because of this. For some reason i just don't drink it like i do sitting at my desk at work.

I'm the same way. When I'm just sitting at work all day I can drink it, but it's so much harder when I"m on the go.
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Would anyone like to be my message buddy? I did good when I had one, but she doesn't come on here anymore. :sad: Any takers?:smile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yea I finished them!! Dark chocolate covered strawberries, pineapple, and golden delicious apples, with white chocolate chips in the middle, for my mom and my bf's mom. :bigsmile:

IMG_0900.jpg
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That looks so yummy, you did a great job with it.
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Rach that looks really delicious!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Would anyone like to be my message buddy? I did good when I had one, but she doesn't come on here anymore. :sad: Any takers?:smile:

I will be your message buddy. :flowerforyou:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    I've been doing good getting at least 8 glasses of water in and logging my food. Not so good on exercise since I'm trying to finish 4 classes and take my finals by next Friday. I'm such a procrastinator. But today we worked in the backyard for 5 hours, clearing weeds and shoveling rock. My HRM said I burned 1500 calories in those 5 hours. I'm so sore and tired now, but we'll be back at it tomorrow morning. Why is it I can only get help with projects on Mother's Day weekend? They don't dare tell me no then.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I was doing pretty good with the water yesterday about 5 cups until I went bowling then started on my diet pop. I only got 2 cups of water in today. It is so hard to get all of my water in on the weekend for some reason. I haven't eatten so well the last two days :ohwell: . Tomorrow may be a better day. We are going out to brunch with my mom and then dinner with my fiance's mom so I am going to have to load up on fruit and salad I suppose.

I have been doing really well with exercise compared to before. I have been getting at least 20 minutes in a day. Tonight I went for a walk with my dad and fiance. It is really nice to get outside and enjoy the weather.

So my dad, fiance, and I decided to all sign up for a 5K this summer. They are doing it to support me and hopefully run side by side with me. I start training tomorrow. I am super nervous because I am extremely out of shape.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!!!!

:heart: J
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

You can write me anytime too if you'd like!:wink::wink:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    hi everyone -- i've been out of touch for a few days but i have been reading the posts and doing well. i've gotten in at least 8 glasses of water, usually more, and been exercising everyday. this upcoming week might be a bit of a stretch in getting my exercise in because i am moving on thursday and will be unpacking all weekend and starting a new job on monday....stress!!

i wil do my best though- and keep the water on coming!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Looks like you Blues are doing pretty fabulous!

Rach - that chocolate... *drool* This is one jealous Mommy! Though, I don't blame my daughter. She's not even 1 yet! :laugh:

I got talked into pizza with the in-laws again yesterday but I controlled myself and ate some grapes before I went over there. Still had about 100 calories left for the day! We're doing tacos with my parents today. I am providing low fat cheese, whole wheat tortillas and the chicken/salsa so I know I'm not totally going to blow it! I think they're bringing cupcakes but I see nothing wrong with having one. I think I'm going to try to cut some flowers off my favorite rose bush for my Mommy in a minute and maybe I'll be inspired to pull some weeds while I'm out there!

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommies out there! :heart:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I have been away from MFP and the Blue Team for a few days, and I'm trying to get my 8 cups of water in!

I went to a buffet for Mother's Day and I don't know what the heck I ate. How am I going to enter food?:laugh:

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day! I hope it was very relaxing (I'm not a mother, but I did celebrate with my mom!):drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    yesterday was my "cheat" meal night my husband offered to take me out. I didn't feel so bad since all day I was doing great even with the water. I then jogged my 2miles. It felt great. Today for mommys day I went to my sisters house and we all went out for lunch since my husband was working. I had the spagettii and I did ask for whole wheat pasta (since my sister worked there) They didn't. She ordered a fruit smoothie and gave me some and I thought or great here we go but I asked her what was in there and it was a healthy smoothie which I was impressed with. I didn't even eat half of what they gave me for food and gave the rest for my sister to eat later since she is short on money and all. I did go out for some ice cream cake however tonight. I don't feel so guilty about that. Tomorrow is another day and a cardio day for me. Jogging here we come. I hope that everyone had a wonderful mommy's day. :drinker:
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    Ughh Monday but its a curves day!! I didnt get any excercise in other then gorcery shopping, had to go to 3 differant stores. Didnt get all my cals in on Sat due to the garage sale, which was a bomb! I wont do that again. No place to store stuff for it. Will go back to donating things. but we left the stuff outside with a free sign on it and most was gone by Sunday am!! So at least the goal of getting rid of stuff was accomplished. I haoped on the scale unofficaly and am down 1 lb. Also my honey got me the new HG cookbook and the new biggest loser cb.

Rach the fruit looked amazing!!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Really, really bad eating over the weekend. I am starting fresh today and hoping all goes well! Already have 4 cups of water in for the day, which is good because I ate Chinese yesterday and I am bloated and full of sodium!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Already did 15 minutes on the elliptical. Now I have to rush and get ready for work. I am going for a run with my dad tonight. We went yesterday and I was able to do a mile in 13 minutes which is amazing for me!! Once I work on my breathing and get my time down I will up it to 1 1/2 miles.

Hope everyone has a great day! Remember healthy choices...this isn't just about looking good in a bikini this is about our health and the future.

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 of couch to 5k on friday, worked all morning in my moms flower beds - well they are once again flower beds - she had let them grow for 4 years...push mowed my 1/2 acre lawn...Sunday went on a relaxing 1h 15m walk with my daughter then goofed off trying to field baseballs with another family of friends - it was fun! Today will start week 2 day 1 of c25k....if I haven't told you I have planned a 5k for October, Susan G Komen race for the cure....I am so excited about it....

Did great on calories - exercising really keeps my in line - sometimes I need to lay back from it so I don't net below 1200....lost a pound or two since last week - I can't remember what I checked in at so I'll send to Rach - yay!

Have a great Monday!

I almost forgot - I've done great with my water - minimum of 8 each day - Sat was 10!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great day! Remember healthy choices...this isn't just about looking good in a bikini this is about our health and the future.

EXCELLENT point! Say to yourself - this is for ME!
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options

I went to a buffet for Mother's Day and I don't know what the heck I ate. How am I going to enter food?:laugh:

HAHAHA just skip the day.. consider it a freebie.

Ugh... waking up to the Monday Guilts. Last week was horrible for me. I had THREE birthday parties (which I know I overate and drank too much), Mother's day yesterday (didn't eat much but didn't exercise either cause I watched movies all day with the kids), so I just didn't take very good care of myself this last week, at all.

I DID drink my water, though, and DID make smart choices when I was home (like yesterday, ate well, even though I would have given myself a free pass hehe). BUT I didn't work out much because I was not feeling well.

Going to try harder this week. Good news is that I somehow managed to lose a pound! Only thing I did consistently right was the water, so I guess it was all water weight, but weight is weight in my book hehe.

Have a good Monday everyone.