Big Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Fixin to leave work and hit the sack, but I wanted to log my 26 cups of water today. Seems like everyone took to this challenge like a fish to...well y'all get the idea. Have a good night.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Woohooo, way to go, Rach!!!! I never did that well in any of my Accounting classes! That would be why I changed my major... *ahem* ONE pass for TOM is fine by me. I wish I could say that's what's behind my weight gain this week but that's already come and gone. Not sure what's going on other than not feeling well and my body hating me.

For the first time in a very long time, I forgot to eat dinner and realized it around 10:30pm! Oooopsss! I just keep telling myself that I can make it and once this class is over, I'll be DONE with school FOREVER!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I got in all 8 cups of water today. It wasn't easy but I did it.:drinker:

I looked up online today that 64 ounces of water weighs about 4 lbs. No wonder the scale is up the mornings after I drink so much water. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hope everyone had a healthy day!!

:heart: J
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    So I got in all 8 cups of water today. It wasn't easy but I did it.:drinker:

I looked up online today that 64 ounces of water weighs about 4 lbs. No wonder the scale is up the mornings after I drink so much water. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hope everyone had a healthy day!!

I've been waking up feeling like the stay puff marshmallow lately but I haven't changed how much water I was drinking. It seems like after I have my first glass of water, it all comes on out. But yes, it is usually 2-3 pounds heavier when I first wake up!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have drank about 48 oz of water today :drinker: I walked about a mile and then this evening went and played with my kids at the baseball dimond. Well in that process threw my back out. Damn. :grumble: That will take care of my running for the night. I'm so pissed. I will go see the chircoprator tomorrow and hopefully he can help me.

Chrissy- I haven't been following the 5k couch. I should be but haven't been.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Got 4 litres of water in... Went over cals a bit however :grumble: Didnt get my jog in today.. It has been crumby weather!
  • ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    I went way over in calories y et again.

But I got EXTRA exercise in! so maybe its even? lol Oh and yes... water *drinks it up* I'm close to 8! one more to go!
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I think I got close to 16 cups of water yesterday...lost track. Did ok with eating, didn't go over! I only ran one mile because I only had 10 minutes of time to exercise but at least I did something! My weight was back down this morning so that was encouraging. But I am going out of town today-last Saturday night, and then with Sunday being Mother's Day...I am going to try my hardest to be good! I want to lose a pound this week!

To those who wake up heavier in the morning because of water gain...I personally hate waking up in the middle of the night to have to use the bathroom, so I only drink small sips if I am thirsty after 6 pm, but won't drink anything major after dinner. That might help you to get rid of all the extra water so you don't wake up feeling like you weigh a few pounds extra.
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Sorry I was MIA last couple days. I was really sick. But I feel much better now and can say I did get all my water in, so that's something. I sure missed a lot in 2 days. Wow.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Wow great job everyone!!!

I made myself breakfast this morning!!! Eggs and bacon! I know it doesn't sound like much but normally I'm too lazy to even make oatmeal, and I end up skipping it or having a peanut butter sandwich.It felt sooo good to have some 'real' food first thing in the morning! :drinker:

Man my attitude has done a complete 180 since yesterday morning. :bigsmile:
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    Hey Blues!! Always remeber tomorrow is a new day. So if you were over yesterday or didnt get the water in, or the excercise done today is a new day!!!

Rach congrats!!!!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    Don't have much time to exercise so I am going to do TurboJam Ab Jam for 10 minutes and get on the elliptical for 10 minutes and then off to work.

Keep moving everyone!!

• bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Weigh in today? I am down 1 to 249 from 250. I guess a lb a week is what I'm aiming for, so...there it is. I'll work harder next week.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Weigh in today? I am down 1 to 249 from 250. I guess a lb a week is what I'm aiming for, so...there it is. I'll work harder next week.

Weigh-ins are on Wedn, but great job so far! :flowerforyou:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I've got 2 cups of water down so far! :drinker:

So what are your plans for staying on track this weekend? Doing anything fun?

I think I'm going to keep busy, to keep from mindless munching. Tonight I plan on cleaning my house after doing a 90min yoga. There are so many dirty dishes, my bf is drinking milk out of tupperware! :noway: :laugh: Then Saturday morning I'll do Legs and Back, and then I'm going to get groceries and work on some homemade edible arrangements for my mom and my bf's mom. I'll probably make this laundry day too. Sunday will be visiting the moms and maybe walking at the river, along with an hour of Kenpo.

That reminds me! Do you guys know of any way to keep cut fruits from turning brown (oxidizing I think it is). I don't want to completely cover the fruits in dark chocolate, I wanted to drizzle them or do cute patterns but I don't want the apples and stuff to turn brown. I think I heard once, a long time ago that you can rub lemon juice on them to prevent it. Anyone know? :flowerforyou:
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I am going to one of the parks near our house tomorrow, it has a 6 mile trail. We are plannig on doing some rollerblading and walking.

In regards to the fruit - yes lemon juice works there is also something you can pick up at the grocery store. You mix it with water and put the apple slices in for a little while and it will prevent them from turning brown. Sorry I can't remember the name of it.

That reminds me! Do you guys know of any way to keep cut fruits from turning brown (oxidizing I think it is). I don't want to completely cover the fruits in dark chocolate, I wanted to drizzle them or do cute patterns but I don't want the apples and stuff to turn brown. I think I heard once, a long time ago that you can rub lemon juice on them to prevent it. Anyone know? :flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I think I'm going to keep busy, to keep from mindless munching. Tonight I plan on cleaning my house after doing a 90min yoga. There are so many dirty dishes, my bf is drinking milk out of tupperware! :noway: :laugh: Then Saturday morning I'll do Legs and Back, and then I'm going to get groceries and work on some homemade edible arrangements for my mom and my bf's mom. I'll probably make this laundry day too. Sunday will be visiting the moms and maybe walking at the river, along with an hour of Kenpo.

Lemon Juice is the secret. I do it for my daughters lunch. I just squirt a little on a plate then drop the apples in the juice and cover the whole apple. Just don't drown it, i put a little on the plate at a time. The apple will suck up the juice so moderation is key.

Make sure to get your water in today everyone, I am at 24 oz so far. Since joining the blue group i have upped my water from 10 glasses a day to 15 glasses and now i crave it. Can't believe i never used to drink it.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Thanks guys! :flowerforyou:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    good morning blues!

i've been great on exercise the past few days, and i will keep in up tonight with a 40 min elliptical workout before date night with my boyfriend! YAY! :love:

i've also been under on cals and over or water, so i'm hoping for a good loss this week!

have a good day! :drinker: :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Lemon juice does work - or you could be lazy and buy the precut bagged apples that are already treated to avoid turning brown - they taste good...

I drank 9 glasses of water yesterday - most in a LONG time - YAY!!!

No plans for the weekend - we finally have a sport free weekend so it's house work - what fun! Maybe we'll cookout with friends tomorrow....sounds like a good idea.

Today will be day 3 of week 1 on couch to 5k for me....I will rest either Sat or Sun

Keep working hard ladies and gents! Have a great weekend!