Options
    i'm 5'4 and weigh 126. I want to weigh 110 before april
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    There's a calculator to help you figure yours out:
    http://health.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Frame-Size-Wrist

I have a large frame. I'm 5'10" and my wrist is 6.75"
    I currently weigh 168-170 (that's my range at this point) and have about 23% body fat.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" weighing 170lbs, wrist 6.5 inches(large frame). I want to get down to 140lbs.

http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/framesize1.asp

Maybe my javascript isn't working right, but that site said I was a large frame with my 6" wrists, which I thought was off, but even with a 4" wrist, it said the same! :laugh:
  • leah1023
    Options
    Small Frame, Medium Frame, Large Frame? What are you?
    In order to refine and define theoretical weights, researchers added frame size as a factor. The sizes are categorized into three categories:- Small frame, medium frame and large frame. The reason for this is that obviously bone structures vary in size and density from person to person. Equally obviously men and women have different structures. Bone mass and muscle mass all play a part in determining your optimal weight. Large boned people. There are two simple methods of determining frame size:-
    Measuring the circumference of your wrist. This is by far the most straight forward.

Measuring the breadth of your elbow. This is a little more complex but provides a greater results range for the purposes of accuracy.
    In order to do this:-
    Stand up. Extend your arm forward so that it is horizontal and parallel to the ground. Turn your hand so your palm is uppermost. Bend your elbow so your forearm is at 90º to the ground. Use the forefinger and thumb of your other hand to locate the narrow part of your elbow joint. Use your same forefinger and thumb as a guage to determine your elbow breadth by measuring the gap between them with with a ruler or tape measure. Compare the value with the tables below.

Female Wrist Measurements
    Height less than 5' 2"
    (Less than 155cms) Height 5' 2" - 5' 5"
    (155cms - 163cms) Height more than 5' 5"
    (More than 163cms)
    Small Less than 5.5"
    (140mm) Less than 6.0"
    (152mm) Less than 6.25"
    (159mm)
    Medium 5.5" - 5.75"
    (140 - 146mm) 6" - 6.25"
    (152 - 159mms) 6.25" - 6.5"
    (159 - 165mm)
    Large More than 5.75"
    (146mm) More than 6.25"
    (159mm) More than 6.5"
    (165mm)

(TAKEN FROM http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html)
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options
    Small Frame, Medium Frame, Large Frame? What are you?
    In order to refine and define theoretical weights, researchers added frame size as a factor. The sizes are categorized into three categories:- Small frame, medium frame and large frame. The reason for this is that obviously bone structures vary in size and density from person to person. Equally obviously men and women have different structures. Bone mass and muscle mass all play a part in determining your optimal weight. Large boned people. There are two simple methods of determining frame size:-
    Measuring the circumference of your wrist. This is by far the most straight forward.

Measuring the breadth of your elbow. This is a little more complex but provides a greater results range for the purposes of accuracy.
    In order to do this:-
    Stand up. Extend your arm forward so that it is horizontal and parallel to the ground. Turn your hand so your palm is uppermost. Bend your elbow so your forearm is at 90º to the ground. Use the forefinger and thumb of your other hand to locate the narrow part of your elbow joint. Use your same forefinger and thumb as a guage to determine your elbow breadth by measuring the gap between them with with a ruler or tape measure. Compare the value with the tables below.

Female Wrist Measurements
    Height less than 5' 2"
    (Less than 155cms) Height 5' 2" - 5' 5"
    (155cms - 163cms) Height more than 5' 5"
    (More than 163cms)
    Small Less than 5.5"
    (140mm) Less than 6.0"
    (152mm) Less than 6.25"
    (159mm)
    Medium 5.5" - 5.75"
    (140 - 146mm) 6" - 6.25"
    (152 - 159mms) 6.25" - 6.5"
    (159 - 165mm)
    Large More than 5.75"
    (146mm) More than 6.25"
    (159mm) More than 6.5"
    (165mm)

(TAKEN FROM http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html)

This is good stuff! What is this though?"Measuring the breadth of your elbow" Wht is breadth?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I always find it so weird to see people's weights and heights and to see how you could have 5 people with the same weight, and same height and they all look SOOOOOO different. According to that site I have a large frame.

I'm currently 179/180 and I have NO pictures because i avoid cameras but these are old pictures that I'm trying to get back too

I'm 5'7" and I see people that have goals in the 130's and for me I just can't imagine getting that low. At my lowest (154ish) I had to go running 5 mornings a week and watch EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. And I thought I looked pretty decent. Pants and dresses were 8/10 and shirts Medium.

165-170ish Just over a year ago. Then I started gaining again :(
    76771_10150348862980425_554945424_15728889_3540854_n-1.jpg

155. This is where i'm trying to get back too.
    IMG_2249.jpg
    IMG_2214.jpg
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 133# give or take. I was 185# at my highest (in college). I got down to 125# using WW several years ago (wasn't working out nearly as much as I am now). I have a curvy type figure, unhappy with my stomach and thighs, but feel stuck at my weight. I'd love to get down to 125# I feel I look my best there. I can't imagine weighing much less!
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass figured 5'2" (barely lol) young lady with a small frame: 5 inch wrists. My natural weight would be around 120lb with 18% body fat (i have a booty and boobs haha) I'm naturally very muscular and an athlete. I could leg press 400 lbs 4 sets of 10 when i weighed 118lbs. My post surgeries weight was 145 ish and now im down to 133 with 24% body fat. I'm a sprinter so i'm trying to get back down to my old weight for maximum speed after I get out of physical therapy. I could fit into a size zero pant when I was 118-124 but that's just because I'm so short and tiny lol My other friend weighs 105 and she was also a zero so it was probably all of my muscle mass and the fact that I have a super tiny frame
  • vandychick
    vandychick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame--I am 5'8" and my wrist is over 7 inches in diameter. I have very large hands and broad shoulders. I hated being built like this when I was a teenager and seemingly surrounded by delicate girls, but I like it now. I weigh a little over 190 right now and would like to be back down to 160 or so. I try not to get too hung up on clothing sizes, especially when it comes to shirts. During my mid-twenties I weighed about 140 and was never able to buy a shirt in a size smaller than 10. My shoulders just need the room.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'3".

I was stuck at 135 for years and years. I lost weight when I got married, down to 115/110 at one point. But then with the last three kids I hit 140 and couldn't lose weight.

My daughter got engaged in April and I was determined to lose weight. I dropped weight, and kept it up until I hit 105 this week. I am ecstatic. I have worked my butt off (literally!), and it really shows. (I am small framed; wrist is 5.25)

I keep weight in my middle. My face looked soooo fat at 135/140. I HAVE CHEEK BONES!!!!

Keep working. You will get there! Just keep your eye on the goal and don't get discouraged.
  • Kslice39
    Options
    I'm also 5'3".

I was stuck at 135 for years and years. I lost weight when I got married, down to 115/110 at one point. But then with the last three kids I hit 140 and couldn't lose weight.

My daughter got engaged in April and I was determined to lose weight. I dropped weight, and kept it up until I hit 105 this week. I am ecstatic. I have worked my butt off (literally!), and it really shows. (I am small framed; wrist is 5.25)

I keep weight in my middle. My face looked soooo fat at 135/140. I HAVE CHEEK BONES!!!!

Keep working. You will get there! Just keep your eye on the goal and don't get discouraged.

That is so wonderful!!!! Congrats!!! I did all those tests everyone mentioned and all of them say small/medium frame! I can't wait to lose more weight and see how awesome I look lol
  • Kslice39
    Options
    I always find it so weird to see people's weights and heights and to see how you could have 5 people with the same weight, and same height and they all look SOOOOOO different.

Isnt it crazy?!? I totally agree with you 100000000%!!!!!!! it's so incredible how different everyone is!
  • gardengal01
    Options
    5'4" and currently 217 pounds.

I have an hourglass shape, medium build, and I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs.
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Look at how far you've come!! Great job!
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I weight 174lbs wearing a size 8 US jean.
    I am a larger build, meaning my bones are a bit wider and larger I think. My Doc let me know I am a larger build after monitoring my weight and body measurements, lean body mass and such.

He was explaining to me that I will always weigh more because my frame is larger even if I fit in smaller sizes. It is true that I have always weighed more than others, in high school for instance I developed an eating disorder because they were going to kick me off the gymnastics team if I didn't loose weight to be within the healthy range, and I was a size 4 to 6 US pant.

I am going to post some of my pics:

Wedding photo 03/06/2008 was 205lbs size 14-16 us jeans
    DSC_25561.jpg

Last year 08/2010 was 283lbs size 24 US jean
    DSCN01611.jpg
    DSCN01241.jpg

These were taken two weeks ago in my bathroom and I am 174lbs size 8 US jean
    _DSC05362small.jpg
    _DSC05282.jpg
    _DSC05231.jpg
    _DSC05191.jpg
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I've seen things online where you can measure your wrist size and it'll give you your frame type. According to these, I have a small frame, which is probably why I look so much heavier at 126-130 than other girls my height (5'4"). My highest weight in recent history was 140, which is technically still healthy, and I've seen girls who look great at my height at the weight I'm at now (126). But I know I'm going to have to aim for 120, if not 115 before I'll be happy, just because my frame is smaller.
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    The calculators and other methods all say I have a large frame. I knew that...I had....(TMI for some)..... an over ten pound baby in 45 minutes and I wear a size 10 shoe. I am 5'4".
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    5'4", 134 lbs, small frame
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention- the website I used to calculate my frame size also had a way to get a rough idea.

Wrap your thumb and middle finger around your wrist. If your fingers overlap, your frame is small, if they touch, it's average, and if they don't touch, its large. Not sure how accurate that is, but my finger definitely overlap, and I have really small hands.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and working my way back to 130 lbs. I've always assumed I had a large frame, because of my large hands, wrists, feet, etc. I looked anorexic at 115 lbs at one point in my 20's. My mother-in-law and I weigh the same right now, but she's small-boned and wears size 14, while I'm wearing 8's and 10's. I found the following calculator, which confirmed I am large-framed. You put in wrist and breadth of elbow measurements. I had to look up how to do the elbow measurement. You bend your arm to 90 degrees with your palm facing your face and measure the distance straight across the prominent large bones in your elbow. You can get a helper or draw a line on each side on a piece of paper and measure the distance.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/fsz