STUPID!

Options
I never lose weight I've been doing this for two weeks now and it seems like I'm gaining more.. today i went up the scale I was 170. I upped my water intake I think i took like 25 cups and maybe that's the reason I had diarhea but my weight when i started was like 162.. it went up to 170....

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't long enough to see much of a change.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Try again.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    sodium intake much? diet soda? eat raw foods and walk 30 minutes a day

you will start to see a difference soon!:flowerforyou: good luck
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Dude, that's way too much water! I know people constantly say you need a lot of water to cleanse your system, but that is excessive. 8-10 cups of water is plenty.

You're not a big guy so I wouldn't stress about not losing in the first two weeks anyway. Just focus on the process (ie good nutrition and exercise), not on the results... they will happen on their own.

I don't know what exercise you are doing, but maybe hitting the weights will help you create a body composition you are happier with too.

Cheers.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked?
  • mattquit
    mattquit Posts: 175
    Options
    i'm 55
    well i actually measured what one cup is. and a glass of water in my house is equivalent to 2 cups of water. so i had like 15 or more glasses of water. my weight is always like this it goes to 160-170... its so stupid. any tips? i try and stay to 1200

i don't think i have a thyroid problem
  • christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would agree you are drinking way to much water, you are drinkg 200 oz. a day, I have read a good rule of thumb is drinking half your weight in water, for you that would be about 90 oz, you are drinking twice as much as you need to and if you are drinking a lot all at once it can actually be dangerous. Cut you water in take by about half.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You're 55 what? Inches tall? How could you be 160lbs and want to lose 30? That doesn't sound healthy at all, especially for a man.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    i'm 55
    well i actually measured what one cup is. and a glass of water in my house is equivalent to 2 cups of water. so i had like 15 or more glasses of water. my weight is always like this it goes to 160-170... its so stupid. any tips? i try and stay to 1200

i don't think i have a thyroid problem

1200 calories is not nearly enough for a man.

Do what MFP tells you to do for 3 weeks - including eating your exercise calories - then tell us if it isn't working.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    You may need to learn the defintion of reality
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's also possible that you ate too little calories sometimes before and your metabolism got slow and now when you eat more calories, you body tries to restore all the fat. No worries, it will get usedt to current situation and you'll see results.

Some other causes might be:
    - you have forgot to write down ALL the snacks - be very strict in this!
    - underestimating portion sizes makes you think you eat less than yo actually do: cheap kitchen scale is great teacher of right sizes!
    - overestimating exercise calories; HRM gives you closest numbers (Polar has proved to be best) to your own weight, height, age, fitness level etc
    - you haven't been eating your exercise calories and your body needs more fuel to function well and not trying to store all the fat
    - drinking lot of water and eating salty food makes too much water restore; try avoid salt and drink just 8-10 cups water per day for awhile

Good luck in your learning journey! All the challenges you'll get are a great possibilities to learn more how to treat and nurture yourself better!!! :-)))
  • mattquit
    Options
    this isn't a troll im 5'5 5 feet and 5 inches. i put into mfp i want to lose 30 pounds b4 june. and it gave me 1200. i barely exercise. my weight is 160-170. if you want i can take pictures of each day. it does go up and go down to 160-170

also at home we have a gram measuring cup. i was very precise too and every food that had a bar code in it. i scanned it and added it to mfp

also i'm always -200 - +200 on what mfp says...
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    First of all, work out what your maintenance intake would be - eating anything less than this counts as deficit (ie, if maintenance is 2000, 1200 gives you a deficit of 800, that's a hell of a lot. I've been losing steadily on a deficit of 200).

Second of all, make friends with exercise. If you do something like the 30 day shred, you can build muscle tone (which will in turn help you burn more energy on a day by day basis), something like Turbofire will get you burning uber amounts of calories.

Third of all, what ever you do, do it for a month. If it causes you to maintain, gain or lose dramatically, reassess as required.
  • mattquit
    Options
    i'm on my second of my 30d i started yesterday. if i just want to be skinny? what's the fastest way?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    A man should not be eating only 1200 calories. You need to adjust your goals. If you only want to lose 30 pounds, set your weight loss goal to a pound or less a week.

No matter what, it's been two weeks. That's not nearly long enough to judge the program.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i'm on my second of my 30d i started yesterday. if i just want to be skinny? what's the fastest way?

probably some sort of illness.

the fastest way will most often bring you temporary success. do it the healthy way, learn how to eat, and you'll have lifelong success.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

you look pretty skinny to me? maybe just try gaining muscle rather than losing anymore weight.. don't think it would be very healthy...also males need at leas 1500 cals per day
  • mattquit
    Options
    2 weeks now and my weight is increasing. so i'm just asking if this is normal =( and if i'm not doing it right please leave suggestions. i'm actually kinda into sport doing boxing mon wed thurs and just started the 30d trial. i put myself on sedementary because most of the times i just lay in my bed and watch movies. put i sleep on the basement and i go up to the living room like 10 times a day if i don't go out.

question am i starving myself? but this is so unusual because if i am starving myself why won't even lose 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks? this sucks
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    your drinking way to much water, and yes, you can drink to much water. the minimum calories a man should take in is 1500. u may need to reevaluate you goal setting, and increase your exercise.