My Before & After - 61 lbs lost w/pics! Yay!!

Options

Replies

• ashierene
    ashierene Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    CONGRADS!!!
  • ashierene
    ashierene Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    CONGRADS!!!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Good job! Congratulations!!! how many dress sizes did you lose???

Oh geez, I'm not even sure what I had gotten up to, I hated shopping, lol. I was probably at least a 16, maybe 18. Now I'm around a 6!!! Today I was wearing a pair of dress pants from the Juniors department that were a size 5!!!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Congratulations on the payoff for all your hard work and thanks for posting your story!!! I have a specific question about running even though your feet used to go numb, since mine do this. Did that ever stop and if so, do you know why, or how to lessen it? My trainer said to increase fatty acid consumption but so far that has not been effective.
    Thanks!

Good question!!

Yeah, it basically completely stopped. I'm not positive about the reason why, but this is my theory. First of all, a small part of it might be because I had already lost so much weight when I started running about a month and a half ago. What I think might have made the biggest difference was that I changed the way I run. Any time I had run in the past I was ALWAYS a heel-striker (landing on my heel first, like when you walk). When I went on my first run this time around I consciously went out focusing on landing on the middle/ball of my foot first (before I went out on my run I did a quick google search of different methods of running). I feel sooooo much lighter on my feet running this way, I feel the impact is MUCH less. That's the only thing I can think of. I really haven't had ANY foot numbness issues since I've been running now and it's AMAZING, since it had really been prohibitive in the past!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! You look amazing!!!

Lol! Love this!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Good job! Congratulations!!! how many dress sizes did you lose???

Oh geez, I'm not even sure what I had gotten up to, I hated shopping, lol. I was probably at least a 16, maybe 18. Now I'm around a 6!!! Today I was wearing a pair of dress pants from the Juniors department that were a size 5!!!

Oh, and 38 DD to 36 D, and tops L or XL down to S or M!
  • pdmailloux
    Options
    awesome!!! great work!!
  • poppet75
    Options
    This is absolutely amazing, so inspiring well done you - did you also do a lot of exercising? I'm at a stage whereby the classes I go to are closing for the xmas break (I go to the Uni gym where I work) and I also have an essay of my own to complete for the New Year - so trying to prioritise my essay but also mentally beating myself up about not exercising - how did you get through these dips? Bearing in mind also xmas is upcoming, I will try to be good but meeting friends etc I can't not drink and nibble!!! Well done though i'm very impressed! :-)
  • Lokisul
    Options
    Incredible!!!
  • putinwork22
    putinwork22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    amazing transformation! Great job!!!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    This is absolutely amazing, so inspiring well done you - did you also do a lot of exercising? I'm at a stage whereby the classes I go to are closing for the xmas break (I go to the Uni gym where I work) and I also have an essay of my own to complete for the New Year - so trying to prioritise my essay but also mentally beating myself up about not exercising - how did you get through these dips? Bearing in mind also xmas is upcoming, I will try to be good but meeting friends etc I can't not drink and nibble!!! Well done though i'm very impressed! :-)

Yeah, I did a lot of exercising! If you look at my loooong post on pg 9 I detailed a lot of what I've done. And times when there was just no way to get to the gym or fit in a full workout, you can stilll fit in something. I'll sometimes do a bunch of jumping jacks, crunches, and pushups/reverse pushups as a quick little workout if I don't have time for anything else.
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look amazing!
  • cokolina
    Options
    I'm at work and don't have time to read all the pages. I would like to say you look amazing.

I noticed you have skinny arms now. It's my problem area too. Can you tell me what exercises for arms have you been doing? did you use weights?

Thank you:)
  • BreakThruComing
    Options
    Awesome!!! Nice work, you look fantastic!!!
  • gowitdaflo
    Options
    you look awesome!
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must feel amazing.
  • nickymaddiemiasmami
    Options
    You look fantastic!:flowerforyou:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    OMG you look amazing! Thanks for sharing!!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I'm at work and don't have time to read all the pages. I would like to say you look amazing.

I noticed you have skinny arms now. It's my problem area too. Can you tell me what exercises for arms have you been doing? did you use weights?

Thank you:)

If you look for my looooong post on pg 9 I detailed some of my workout routines.

Very quickly, I do assisted pullups and assisted dips (on the assisted pullup/dip machine at the gym), pushups, reverse pushups, and a variety of the weight machines at the gym (upward shoulder press, forward press, rear deltoids, etc. I'll do a few different ones each time I go.
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You are an inspiration, thanks for sharing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!