My Before & After - 61 lbs lost w/pics! Yay!!

Options

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    PLEASE tell me how long it took you and what your routine was like! I've been doing mfp for almost 2 months and I've come to a stand still at 192 and I can't break it.
    I just have to say that you've given me hope. Your before pics look like mine and the way you look now is unbelievably smaller and I never thought in a million years I could ever be that skinny until I saw your pics! I know its possible now, that I don't just have "bigger bones" then other people.
    If you have any advice, PLEASE send it my way! You look amazing and I know its hard work and Im willing to do it no matter how long it takes!
    You look amazing!

It took from the very end of February to now.

Here's an example of a workout. This is what I did at the gym today:

- 60 min treadmill run, speed ranging from 6mph to 8mph (i actually got my fastest mile, fastest 10k, and longest distance, 7.05 mi in 60 min, ever today!)
    - 5 sets of 5 assisted pullups
    - 5 sets of 10 assisted dips
    - 4 sets of 15 reps on the hip abductor machine
    - 5 sets of 5 reps rear deltoid machine
    - 2 sets of 10 reps upward shoulder press machine
    - 5 sets of 10 reps(10 reps straight legs, 40 reps knees bent) on the thing like a chair with no seat, where you hold yourself up and lift your legs (dont know what it's called, lol)
    - 50 side crunches on each side
    -300 crunches on the floor, in various positions
    Cooldown/stretch
    - approx 5 min of stretching
    - ballet plies right and left sides

Obviously I've worked up to this! Lol The majority of my cardio during my weight loss was actually on the elliptical. I would use 2 different types of elliptical and constantly change the resistance and slope. I also did a lot of walking. Nowadays, if I go for a run outside and not at the gym I'll do crunches and pushups at home. I also take dance classes 2 nights a week for 2 1/2 hours each night.

I really think a big key is variety of workout. Also, at least every few workouts you should try to do at least one thing more/better/faster/longer. You always have to push yourself!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I just want to say thank you for all the lovely words, compliments, and congratulations! Part of the reason for my success is all the awesome and supportive people here on mfp! I love all you guys!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! You look wonderful! I am still in awe over the back bend picture. I know if I tried that right now, I would smack my head on the floor and be flat on my back lol. I used to be able to do that back in the day. I hope to get there one day soon!

I was thinking the same thing. You not only look amazing, you can do amazing stuff, too. They'd have to cart me away on a backboard if I tried that! And also, awwww kitty! (I love cats!)
  • onefourone
    Options
    Simply fantastic good for you
  • CynMM29
    Options
    Nice work!!!
  • dat5053
    dat5053 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. Great work, and such good inspiration!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wow you are stunning! Congrats!
  • mjmhol
    Options
    Hello,

Way to go Girl Friend !!!!!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look fabulous.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing accomplishment! You look great!
  • ohio4life
    ohio4life Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! congrats!
  • dmmclean
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on the hard work and sense of accomplishment. Keep on rocking it girl :)
  • groovybeenz
    groovybeenz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congratulations on your great success.
  • NettyChad
    NettyChad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic! Well done. Thank you for putting the photos on here, I've been following this for just over a month so to see photos like this is really inspiring.
  • Emllynn
    Emllynn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wonderful success story! Thanks for sharing! You look great :)
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Amazing!!!! You look wonderful! I am still in awe over the back bend picture. I know if I tried that right now, I would smack my head on the floor and be flat on my back lol. I used to be able to do that back in the day. I hope to get there one day soon!

I was thinking the same thing. You not only look amazing, you can do amazing stuff, too. They'd have to cart me away on a backboard if I tried that! And also, awwww kitty! (I love cats!)

Lol! I have to say, in addition to feeling great about my weight I also feel great about my fitness. The last time I weighed this weight I was in high school. I wasn't in bad shape then but I struggled to run the mile in gym class. Today I just ran 7 miles straight! I just have so much energy!
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You go girl....good job!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    words cannot even express the amazement.
  • leannamichelle
    leannamichelle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Thanks for posting the pics you are an inspiration.
  • Joannguido
    Options
    am so excited for you! You look beautiful!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!