My Before & After - 61 lbs lost w/pics! Yay!!

Options

Replies

• justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • keekee1804
    keekee1804 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the lengthy reply, it's great to get the details of how one accomplishes goals! I'm forwarding this link to one of my friends as I'm sure your photos/story will inspire her and help her motivate knowing that everyones dreams can be reality =D
    Thats fantastic progress! You look amazing!! Can you tell us a little bit about how you acheived your goal? How many days a week you work out & what you do for workouts?

Great job =)

Well I always danced (ballet, lyrical, jazz, tap, hip hop) twice a week, 2 1/2 hours each time during the 'school year', less in the summer, even when I was at my highest weight. So I continued that. But when I started mfp and really focusing on losing weight I also started going to the gym. I would go to the gym 2-3 days per week (during the 'school year' in addition to dancing 2 nights a week). If I didn't go to the gym then I would take long walks. Over the summer I went to the gym A LOT, since I wasn't dancing as often. When I go to the gym my workout consisted of a minimum of 60 minutes on 2 different types of ellipticals. I would frequently change the resistance and ramp to keep variety in the workout. I also always try to then do strength training as well. At the very least I always do crunches and push ups/reverse push ups. Probably about 1 1/2 months ago I started running (something I never thought I could do since my feet always went numb, plus I always hated it! lol) and I'm getting addicted, lol! I have now run for 60 minutes straight, not dropping below 6 mph, on 3 separate occasions!

Let's see, what else? For me a huge deal was portion size. My ex always ate HUGE portions so I got used to thinking that I was eating a normal amount because my portion was smaller than his. THIS WAS NOT TRUE! Lol. Also, making healthier food choices and cutting out lots of alcohol really helped. And I know this is a hotly debated topic but for me personally, I generally ate back at least 1/2 of my workout calories.

Well sorry, that was lengthy, but hopefully it'll help someone!
  • nursiepoo3
    nursiepoo3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have worked so hard.:smile:
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud *smile* thanks for sharing it gives us hope.
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    You look freaking amazing!! Thanks for the inspirational post!
  • simple82
    simple82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic great results
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    amazing! well done
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Very inspirational!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Awesome! You look gorgeous!
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You look..amazing!!!!!
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    WOW... just wow! You look amazing! Congrats on your transformation.
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's awesome : ) :happy:
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Well done, all your hard work paid off!
  • tanian2007
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS!! What a transformation... its one thing to be aware of how much we've lost.. but to SEE the results and FEEL them is truly the ultimate reward on this journey!!! Job well done!!!
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look Awesome!!! Congrats!!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Holy hell! HUbba hubba!
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! What an inspiration.
  • denisebowyer
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome! Very encouraging!
  • denisebowyer
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome! Very encouraging!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!