My Before & After - 61 lbs lost w/pics! Yay!!

Options

Replies

• AJPTRF
    AJPTRF Posts: 24
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!!!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic progress! You look amazing!! Can you tell us a little bit about how you acheived your goal? How many days a week you work out & what you do for workouts?

Great job =)

Well I always danced (ballet, lyrical, jazz, tap, hip hop) twice a week, 2 1/2 hours each time during the 'school year', less in the summer, even when I was at my highest weight. So I continued that. But when I started mfp and really focusing on losing weight I also started going to the gym. I would go to the gym 2-3 days per week (during the 'school year' in addition to dancing 2 nights a week). If I didn't go to the gym then I would take long walks. Over the summer I went to the gym A LOT, since I wasn't dancing as often. When I go to the gym my workout consisted of a minimum of 60 minutes on 2 different types of ellipticals. I would frequently change the resistance and ramp to keep variety in the workout. I also always try to then do strength training as well. At the very least I always do crunches and push ups/reverse push ups. Probably about 1 1/2 months ago I started running (something I never thought I could do since my feet always went numb, plus I always hated it! lol) and I'm getting addicted, lol! I have now run for 60 minutes straight, not dropping below 6 mph, on 3 separate occasions!

Let's see, what else? For me a huge deal was portion size. My ex always ate HUGE portions so I got used to thinking that I was eating a normal amount because my portion was smaller than his. THIS WAS NOT TRUE! Lol. Also, making healthier food choices and cutting out lots of alcohol really helped. And I know this is a hotly debated topic but for me personally, I generally ate back at least 1/2 of my workout calories.

Well sorry, that was lengthy, but hopefully it'll help someone!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    You look so good!! If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you? I ask because I am 135 and don't look anywhere near as good as you do!

I am 5' 5 1/2"
  • orgendoner
    Options
    Congrats!!! Nice work!!!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You look truly fabulous! You definitely give me inspiration! Your body is beautiful!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Amazing Job!!! Congratulations!!!! You have done a fantastic job!
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Good work!
  • chrymyrs
    Options
    So, I'm finally at the point where I can do my Before & After post! Yay! I started out close to 200 lbs. Since I started MFP at the very end of February of this year I've lost 61 lbs. Yesterday (12/10) is the day I officially met my goal weight - well, exceeded it, actually, since my goal was 135 and I hit 134!

So, here are some Before pics:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And now for the good part, the After pics!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I need to get back to my alma mater for a new pair of sweats, lol

ry%3D400

it's a costume, I swear!

ry%3D400

Halloween!

ry%3D400

I am soo thrilled with how far I have come! So now, I'm on to maintenance here on MFP and my new goal is to continue toning, shaping, and sculpting my body.

What exercises did you do? How many calories did you burn a week?
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    WTG! Congrats on your success.
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    wow...you look so fit now!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    absolutely FANTASTIC!! you look great! all that hard work has had such a huge pay-off :-) congratulations, you certainly deserve them!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    absolutely FANTASTIC!! you look great! all that hard work has had such a huge pay-off :-) congratulations, you certainly deserve them!
  • rgibswilg
    rgibswilg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Congratulations!
  • KatieJane83
    Options

What exercises did you do? How many calories did you burn a week?

If you look about 1/2 way down page 2 of this thread I posted some of what my workouts are like.

I'd say my gym workouts average anywhere from 800-1000 cals burned, and I think I burn somewhere around 600-700 for 2 1/2 hours of dance classes. I've actually never used a HRM so I don't know exactly how accurate my estimates are. I am living proof that you don't need a HRM to lose weight though! :laugh:
  • jbosey
    jbosey Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That looks IMPOSSIBLE. Are you sure you just dont have a thinner twin sister around somewhere? Who would think that those are the same two girls? It sounds like that nasty word "excercise" was a huge part of your rapid and impressive weight loss. You should be so proud of yourself for accomplishing this, not only do you look MAAAARVELOUS, you most likely tremendously improved your future health . Way to go. Thanks for giving us old folks the example on how to do it.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    That looks IMPOSSIBLE. Are you sure you just dont have a thinner twin sister around somewhere? Who would think that those are the same two girls? It sounds like that nasty word "excercise" was a huge part of your rapid and impressive weight loss. You should be so proud of yourself for accomplishing this, not only do you look MAAAARVELOUS, you most likely tremendously improved your future health . Way to go. Thanks for giving us old folks the example on how to do it.

This made me LOL! Thank you! And nope, it's not some secret doppelganger of mine!
  • FitnessElle
    Options
    You look absolutely incredible. Many congratulations on your great success! :drinker:
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The hard work paid off! You look amazing!
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats to your huge accomplisment. You are an inspriation and thank you for sharing your weight loss tips.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!