Meat eaters nicer than vegans?

Options

Replies

• rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I guess they are passionate about the animal rights cause. I know a few vegans that are vegan because of religion ( seventh day Adventist). Mostly it's the animal rights activists that are stuck up. To each his own :)

Seventh Day Adventists are not vegan. They eat low fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheeses and eggs.

I've known several that eat meet as well. They don't eat pork, shrimp or anything listed in the old testament of the bible as unclean food.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    LOL, maybe they're missing the meat and have guilty feelings about it.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    There is a high intersection of vegaginsm and self-righteousness, seflf-centeredness, etc. Doesn't mean all vegans are self-centered jerks any more than all self-centered jerks are vegans. But often, they do seem to go hand in hand.

Also, I suspect vegans are just extra cranky because they are malnourished, simply because a balanced vegan diet takes more work and we all lead busy lives.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with people who don't eat meat and I don't know why they would have a problem with people who eat it.

Bottom line is - Take away the technology and live in the wild. What do you think is going to happen to a vegan?
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have not run into any pushy vegans. Maybe it's time for you to alter your friends list ;)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with people who don't eat meat and I don't know why they would have a problem with people who eat it.

Bottom line is - Take away the technology and live in the wild. What do you think is going to happen to a vegan?
    yes!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with people who don't eat meat so I don't know why they would have a problem with people who eat it.

I'm sure ideals would change in a survival situation. As that is not currently the situation, vegans can live happily.
  • ctkennedy
    ctkennedy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have dealt with my share of meat-eaters who get bent out of shape over my choice to be vegan or even just to try vegan food. I don't really care what other people eat so why is it their business what I eat? I went vegan because I was vegetarian but I'm also lactose intolerant. I cut out all dairy and I feel so much better. It's what your body requires or responds to. I don't eat meat because I don't like it and I find eggs revolting. I probably come off as a grumpy vegan because I don't find it necessary to justify my eating habits to others. I also am annoyed by the vegans who give a human rights lecture every time I talk to them. (I still wear leather so I'm vegan in my diet but not in my lifestyle).
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    bigpot6.jpg

That being said, I used to be vegan and never pushed my views on others. Like someone said before to each their own.
    It's silly to argue over which diet is better, each style of eating has it's own distinct advantages and disadvantages.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I think they probably get bored of defending themselves over something which is nobody else's business. I don't eat red meat because I don't like the taste, but I don't get anyone trying to persuade me otherwise.

I've sat through meals where people thought they could lecture vegetarians and vegans, it got tired and old for me and I don't have to hear it all the time, the people doing the lecturing are generally overweight and drinking heavily at the time so that's got to get annoying.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have some vegans on my friend's list and I have never had a problem with any of them. I do agree though that some vegans are full of themselves, but they are the minority which happens to be the ones that get heard by others. While I am a vegetarian, I am not pushy about it. I just live my life and go about my day. I still cook my husband meat when he is working day work. I believe that what a person eats is their choice and I also believe that some people do great with meat in their diet. Personally I feel great without meat in my diet, but still do some dairy and eggs.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I have dealt with my share of meat-eaters who get bent out of shape over my choice to be vegan or even just to try vegan food. I don't really care what other people eat so why is it their business what I eat? I went vegan because I was vegetarian but I'm also lactose intolerant. I cut out all dairy and I feel so much better. It's what your body requires or responds to. I don't eat meat because I don't like it and I find eggs revolting. I probably come off as a grumpy vegan because I don't find it necessary to justify my eating habits to others. I also am annoyed by the vegans who give a human rights lecture every time I talk to them. (I still wear leather so I'm vegan in my diet but not in my lifestyle).
    " I also am annoyed by the vegans who give a human rights lecture every time I talk to them. (I still wear leather so I'm vegan in my diet but not in my lifestyle)."
    awesome! :)
  • mgdiock
    mgdiock Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of PETA- People Eating Tasty Animals.

You cannot neglect that the high protein content of cooked animal flesh lead to the great advancement and evolution of the human mind. It is what seperated us from the monkeys.

And...thinking lead to humanity's greatest creation- BEER.

And come to think of it, beer goes great with cooked animal flesh!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    But if we're not supposed to eat meat, why is it so darn tasty?

*ducks*
    who said we are not "suppose" to eat meat?
    they obviously didn't pay attention to their Biology professor

You ARE supposed to eat meat. That's why animals are made out of it.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Being lower on the food chain would effect my perspective on this :)
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This has not been my experience with vegans. :heart:

ETA: I've also known plenty of *kitten* meat eaters. So, there you go.

I'm a flexitarian, predominantly vegetarian and someday hope I can become vegan. I don't lecture anyone but find when I mention I eat vegetarian, I get a "you need to eat meat" lecture. Live and let live!

I find a-holes do not discriminate, they walk and lurk among all types of dietary preferences. So we all should not be hatin on the vegans/vegetarians/ carnivores/omnivores/etc...let's all be supportive of each other as we're here to be healthier! :flowerforyou:

Sláinte
  • kate_n_pjs
    kate_n_pjs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    passive.jpg

Just seemed appropriate. :laugh:

Personally I think flat out attacking any style of eating shows a serious ignorance of the human body and health and nutrition. There is no one right way to eat or wrong way to eat. While the majority of people are perfectly normal, it's the wackos from all side you have to watch out for, and then patently ignore. Some Vegans feel superior and have to insist that meat eaters are horrible unhealthy human beings, some meat eaters say the same things about vegans. And don't even get me started on the "Low Carb Taliban."

Personally I eat all foods. Sometimes I eat low carb meals, some times I eat high carb meals, sometimes I eat vegan or vegetarian, sometimes it's all meat. To me it's all a part of being balanced in my approach to health, and getting all the nutrition I need.

Although I don't love the picture (everyone who is on a diet could use support - hence MFP) I feel there is no right or wrong to what you eat and no matter what you choose to eat, someone is judging you for that choice. You are the only judge that should matter so if you don't want to hear other's opinions, don't ask for it.

I feel you should eat the food that makes you feel best, and let everyone else do the same. (also, only met one vegan who was mean... me when I am drunk!!):drinker:
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I guess they are passionate about the animal rights cause. I know a few vegans that are vegan because of religion ( seventh day Adventist). Mostly it's the animal rights activists that are stuck up. To each his own :)

Perfectly said. A lot of animal rights activists border stuck up, but not because their eating habits. I'm vegan (also sda lol) and I mean I feel really bad about animals being treated poorly, but I believe chicken, cow, and fish are all meant to be eaten. Just not by me lol.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    sounds like someone's bent out of shape or this might not have been posted?:smokin:

^^this
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Perfectly said. A lot of animal rights activists border stuck up, but not because their eating habits. I'm vegan (also sda lol) and I mean I feel really bad about animals being treated poorly, but I believe chicken, cow, and fish are all meant to be eaten. Just not by me lol.

It could also be the same with religion tho... I love meat... in fact I have my meat with a side of meat.. and I live a healthy life... I wouldn't try to push anyone to eat meat.. treat others the way you want to be treated. Its not hard...