Excess skin after 170 pound weight loss (*warning, pics)

Options

Replies

• EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I know it takes a lot of courage to post pic like that and want to say thanks, you look great, this will answer a lot of questions that people have about loose skin after weight loss
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You all are so awesome. I was scared to death putting those up but to encourage even one person makes it so worthwhile.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I found your post incredibly brave, honest and inspiring.

YOU are awesome

xx
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome success story! Thanks for sharing it!
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing! Thank you for sharing this, it's really inspiring
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    You are very inspiring! Well done!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I know "skin" is a big issue for me, and for others, and having people brave enough to post these kind of stories I personally find comforting. I think the image I have in my head of what I worry loose skin will look like is actually worse than anything I've seen posted on MFP.
  • HealthyJenn0712
    Options
    You should be SOOOOO proud of yourself!!!!! You look fantastic. Thank you for posting.
  • sschmidt928
    sschmidt928 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have worked SO hard and gone through a lot to look as amazing as you do. And wow - talk about courage. I am so impressed by your willingness to share those pics with us. You are truly an inspiration to me as I begin my journey. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • sschmidt928
    Options
    Congratulations! You have worked SO hard and gone through a lot to look as amazing as you do. And wow - talk about courage. I am so impressed by your willingness to share those pics with us. You are truly an inspiration to me as I begin my journey. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • sschmidt928
    Options
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This honestly brings tears to my eyes because I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!! You look so amazingly fantastic!!!! Excess skin or not, you are an inspiration to ANY one on here!!! Thank you so much for sharing your story!!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    This honestly brings tears to my eyes because I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!! You look so amazingly fantastic!!!! Excess skin or not, you are an inspiration to ANY one on here!!! Thank you so much for sharing your story!!

Me too - I think I got a little something in my eye... Being part of a group that cares so much for one another that acts of bravery constantly go on for the benefit of others in the group - GEEZ - if the meaning of xmas isn't alive and well on MFP I don't know where it is! Bless!
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This post made me cry!!! I am soooooo proud of you for posting these pics!!! I also had WLS (sleeve) and have lost 147 lbs. In the end I will have lost around 170. I too have a lot of excess skin. I had pictured q perfect bikini body but that is soo not gonna happen. But I love my body so much more now even with the extra skin. I plan to get a lower body lift and breat lift and implants. Not sure about my arms yet. You are a beautiful person inside and out!! What you did was amazing and I am happy you are healthy!! Congrats on your success!!!!
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I hadn't given the loose skin effect a thought until seeing your pictures.
    That's made me think a lot.

My husbands weight loss of almost 100 lbs was spread over 7 years his skin isn't too bad.
    Maybe a tummy tuck is an option for him, but he is not rushing to the doctors about this.

Thank you for showing your pictures. You are amazing!
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this topic and the pics, because I think excess skin is a real concern for most of us here. It's impossible to make a disparaging comment, because I deal with the same thing on my arms and inner thighs. I think most of us have or will be dealing with this problem at some point.

I'm curious about others who may have had similar issues. I'd love to hear from people who have a lost a lot of weight. Does losing slowly help with excess skin? Is there a way to avoid it? Will it ever go away or diminish?

Anyway, you look amazing! You're like a different person from the "Before" pictures!
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your sharing. You are a beautiful, courageous woman with an amazing life ahead of you! A woman with your drive, determination and bravery will go very far!
  • Udail51
    Udail51 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My hat is off to you. You are one brave and considerate person. Thank you for sharing about an issue I truely worriy about. The answers dont come as often as I like. Your candor is so appreciated. And you look so awesome.

After I stabilize I will consider getting some plastic surgery done. I may lose as much as 200 pounds but I will have to see at what point I am most comfortable.
  • kneesee80
    Options
    The first thing I noticed about your post-op pic was your smile. You're positively glowing. I am so appreciative of your willingness to share something so personal to be an encouragement to all of us! Congratulations on your weight loss and your successful surgery! Rock on!
  • moonhowler15
    moonhowler15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! So beautiful too! I had to see your before pics after reading this, so I took a gander at your profile, and I found you are even more amazing! Such and inspiration! You should be so very proud! Your Husband is a VERY lucky man! Bless you for sharing!

I feel like I am on top of the world when I hold her in my arms. I am definitely lucky to have her and will cherish every waking moment of our lives together. Nothing in this world makes me happier than to see her smile and feel her touch. No matter what she make look like on the out side, I love her all the way to the core of her priceless soul. Thank you for being so wonderful my love. And thanks all of you who give her the kind words, encouraging comments...and loving inspiration to keep motivated. Bless you all and good luck in all your endeavors!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!