Big Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I already gave in and weighed myself :grumble: I think I will put my scale elsewhere because im too lazy to get it each time I want to weigh... Then I will ask my husband to hide it on me...
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    Here at wrk as usual, starting my water now. I amanaged about 9 yesterday. Did my curves workout then finally started 30 day shred. Of course when she got to the push ups I stopped, cant do them ughh, hurts my wrists. will work on it though. I watched the rest of it to see what I was in for and I think its doable, will be ver hard at first but I am willing to do it.

Tonight I am thinking grilled chicken and veggies for dinner. Ohh also trying to work in the bulk of my calories in the am and lunch time. I find that I am not eating enough during the day then ther eis no way I can make it up or even want to try to make it up in the evenings.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    My mood is slowly getting better today. My migraine is starting to go, and I have 2 cups of water in so far. I decided last night that I need help being positive towards this whole process, because I catch myself so often feeling like it's punishment. Like cooking a healthy meal is a bad thing, or working out. So I grabbed a dry erase marker and kinda did a border around my bathroom mirror with words like Commitment, Confidence, Drive, Strength, Worth, and Determination. I think it'll help keep me in that positive attitude until I make these things habit. :flowerforyou:
  • sarahlouise87
    Options
    I had alot of calories left yesterday so i decided to eat a bag of popcorn and ops i went over my fat by 12! so no popcorn again i think :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I drank all 8 glasses of water yesterday - YAY!!! first time in a while!

Going to the gym today for a quicky 30 minute elliptical - better than skipping - a lot to do today!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I had alot of calories left yesterday so i decided to eat a bag of popcorn and ops i went over my fat by 12! so no popcorn again i think :laugh:

have you tried the 100 calorie kettle corn from Orville Redenbacher? It's a great somewhat sweet and somewhat salty fix for me and only like 2 grams of fat....I realize it's not the healthiest but it's better than fat free chips or something like that.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    My mood is slowly getting better today. My migraine is starting to go, and I have 2 cups of water in so far. I decided last night that I need help being positive towards this whole process, because I catch myself so often feeling like it's punishment. Like cooking a healthy meal is a bad thing, or working out. So I grabbed a dry erase marker and kinda did a border around my bathroom mirror with words like Commitment, Confidence, Drive, Strength, Worth, and Determination. I think it'll help keep me in that positive attitude until I make these things habit. :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: SMILE Rach We :heart: U!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    so my start weight is 154lbs and has been that for two weeks, drinking 3 litres per day and maintaining 1200cals, just wish the scale would start moving, maybe this group will be the motivater :smile:

You might need to up your calories a little to get the scale moving. I know that sounds odd, but I upped mine to 1350 and it worked better for me.

Me to - I try to net at least 1300 on big exercise days I might fall a little below when I was at 1200 I stopped losing.

Sarairis-just be patient sometimes adding calories could show an increase for a bit but it will go away again.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    :bigsmile: SMILE Rach We :heart: U!

:bigsmile: :smooched:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    How's the school work coming??
    Is your headache better?
  • ccoker
    ccoker Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Blues!

I got 6 glasses of water yesterday, today I WILL get all 8 but I'm sure it's better than before. Thanks to everyone for such a supportive group. I had to log on this morning to recharge my motivation. One of my students brought me homemade lumpia (eggrolls) just now, still warm with her happy little face. I was able to limit myself and only eat 1 small one, but the rest are still on my desk, tempting me. Tried to get her to share with everyone, but she "made them just for me..." :ohwell: Love these kids ......anyway thanks everyone for helping me stay strong.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    How's the school work coming??
    Is your headache better?

Classes ended Tuesday and I'm waiting on my finals to be graded so I can see if I passed. I know I passed Payroll Acct. but Eco is iffy. My next 2 start on Wedn. :ohwell:

I'm going to pop some aspirin on my lunch break to try and kill the headache off. :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Good Morning Blues!

I got 6 glasses of water yesterday, today I WILL get all 8 but I'm sure it's better than before. Thanks to everyone for such a supportive group. I had to log on this morning to recharge my motivation. One of my students brought me homemade lumpia (eggrolls) just now, still warm with her happy little face. I was able to limit myself and only eat 1 small one, but the rest are still on my desk, tempting me. Tried to get her to share with everyone, but she "made them just for me..." :ohwell: Love these kids ......anyway thanks everyone for helping me stay strong.

Awww how cute! What do you teach? What age group?
  • RachVR6
    Options
    waterbottle.gifwaterbottle.gifwaterbottle.gif

4 cups of water so far! I'm trying to make the little cup on the food tab overflow! :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    pushpin.gifStill need weights from:

buffjess
    dawn717
    hehawwolfley
    ischmelle
    mbmempireranch
    xazazelx

:flowerforyou:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Soooo...probably not going to ride into work today. My wife just bought a bike and we went out fr a ride this afternoon. 56 minutes with a 25mph wind. Sucks!!! Total was about 10.3 miles. Not bad for her first ride.
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    Well i have been here now for 9 days. Have lost weight, 4 pounds(wish it was 40!) and am still haveing problems getting my cal. up. still not eating enough, but i am at least eating everyday and have actually doubled the amount of food each day!......My doc. kept telling me I wasn't eating enought, I thought she was crazy . She then sent me to a nutr. who told me, of course, your not eating enough, to which i responded, YOUR crazy......well guess what by doing the log i actually see that THEY were right and that i am crazy:grumble: Looking forward to each day now and what it can bring!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Hmm I'm thinking scrambled broccoli and eggs for dinner tonight, with some turkey bacon. Mmmmm.
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Well i have been here now for 9 days. Have lost weight, 4 pounds(wish it was 40!) and am still haveing problems getting my cal. up. still not eating enough, but i am at least eating everyday and have actually doubled the amount of food each day!......My doc. kept telling me I wasn't eating enought, I thought she was crazy . She then sent me to a nutr. who told me, of course, your not eating enough, to which i responded, YOUR crazy......well guess what by doing the log i actually see that THEY were right and that i am crazy:grumble: Looking forward to each day now and what it can bring!

If you are really having a hard time eating enough calories, there are planty of calorie dense foods that you can try. I recommend starting with chicken and lean beef and plenty of vegetables and fruits. I am like a vacuum cleaner if I don't keep a tight reign on myself, so I don't have a problem consuming enough calories (more like a problem consuming too much). If you are still having problems, I would recommend a protein shake or protein bar of some sort. They are low in fat, and carbs, (most of them) and will increase your calorie intake without increasing the amount of garbage.
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you soooo much for you reply! Good advise, will go to store after work tonight. thanks!:happy: