I'm that annoying one at the gym who. . . .

Options

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm the one who finishes 3 sets of bicep curls...then flexes in the mirror and grabs the biceps and smiles at how much better they look now, lol.

I'm also the one that drops the barbell after doing deadlifts. It's heavy. You'll get over it.
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Im the one that u see u doing more weight than you ;-) and 2 sets of warm up then 5 sets of the actual excersise
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm also the one in the ratty thrift-store workout clothes because I really couldn't give a rat's *kitten* what you think about how I look when I'm gettin' my sweat on.

Ha, that's awesome! I work out in my everyday clothes: jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers. I'm too broke to buy a week's worth of cheap gear, and it bothers the hell out of everybody! Muahaha!

It only bothers us because we are thinking about how much it would chaff our big butts...lolo
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    And if you make eye contact with me, I will smile and wave, I don't care who you are.

When I wave, I flail my arms around and swing my head all over like a maniac. It took my co-workers two months to get used to me doing this every time I saw them in the hallway. If complete strangers wave at me in public, I flail around too. I don't care about what other people think, it's too much fun to be absurd!
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I drop weights.

Yep. I do. Not for show. Not because I'm lifting too much. But sometimes at the end of a set of an intense workout, I am done, and drop it (rubber plates onto a rubber floor). And sometimes when I'm figuring out a new 5 rep max on a deadlift I drop it because I realize on rep #5 I can't set it down properly, or I'm going for a clean and I fail. It's part of the learning process - this is entirely different from just trying to lift way more than you know you can.

Luckily, no one at my gym cares.

I also stand on my hands. I hear that's frowned upon at most gyms.
    I also take my shirt off when I get super hot.
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    I also sweat all over the treadmill, the belt, the base, the handles, the screen, the whole thing needs to be wiped down.

Make sure you get as sweaty as humanly possible and then immediately hug a family member. If you do not do this, I will never forgive you.
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm that annoying woman on the stairmaster or stationary bike next to you who mouths the words to the music I'm listening to on my I-Pod-- and occasionally accidentally sings out loud without realizing it.

What annoying person are YOU ?!
    Oh, and I'm also the one in the ratty thrift-store workout clothes because I really couldn't give a rat's *kitten* what you think about how I look when I'm gettin' my sweat on.

I do the same damned thing.....but I recently bought some Nike clothes just cuz I could get into them now.....
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    <threadjack>
    I used to work in the psychiatric emergency room, and I'm one of those people who talks to themselves all the time...the docs all wanted to admit me. : /
    </threadjack>

Can I live in your bathtub
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

Ha, that's awesome! I work out in my everyday clothes: jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers. I'm too broke to buy a week's worth of cheap gear, and it bothers the hell out of everybody! Muahaha!
    jeans are against dress code at my gym, yours doesn't care?
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm that annoying one that hogs up the cool down mats.... I take my time and stretch or do a plank workout or something and will take long breaks in between, and will sometimes just lay there lol... I really do take my time lol
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I usually dont drop weights until go heavy... Then i throw them... Echos the gym lol
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    every now and then I fist bump to a song...lol.

BAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA. that's awesome.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much annoying, I'm more like the awkward one lol.
  • jillwingert08
    Options
    I'm farely new at this workout thing I didn't realize that would be annoying. hmmm who knew.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Me too!!! :)
  • jillwingert08
    Options
    I'm just praying I don't get the waling farts while on the eliptical hasn't happened yet but hope its quiet when it is.
  • TXMayFlower
    Options
    I'm the one who, while walking on the treadmill, starts laughing out loud at the closed captioning during the Ellen Show or Kathie Lee and Hoda show or even ESPN. I love doing my cardio, so usually by the middle of my workout, I'm starting to get into a good mood, so I'm the annoying "smiley" girl sweating through my workout, just smiling and cheery for no reason.
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I totally jam to my ipod and drum the handles on the elliptical:))
  • ninjabarbie
    ninjabarbie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Haha, me too. My headphones are so loud, i don't have to hear myself sing..lol
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I'm the one who asks if I can "get in a quick set while you're resting between" on the wieghts.