I'm that annoying one at the gym who. . . .

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I sing, loudly. I sometimes warm up by jumping around like a maniac. I fart during power cleans. I play music loudly. I leave everything on the floor and never put anything back. I never wipe down anything. I love working out at home :bigsmile:
  • jtmh2012
    jtmh2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. And I play the imaginary drums while walking on the treadmill too! LOL I'm also the germaphobe who cleans every piece of equipment, including dumbbells and weight plates, before and after I use them.

After watching people use equipment without cleaning it, I wouldn't call you a germaphobe....
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I sing, loudly. I sometimes warm up by jumping around like a maniac. I fart during power cleans. I play music loudly. I leave everything on the floor and never put anything back. I never wipe down anything. I love working out at home :bigsmile:

I don't wipe down anything either! There is a guy who does that at my gym, and I don't sweat a bunch so oh well! At least I put most of the stuff back! "P
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Awesome
  • austelle
    austelle Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I make way too much noise on the treadmill doing HIIT intervals...I crank it way up for 30 seconds and then back down for a minute of recovery...and then back up for 30 seconds...I have the ipod cranked way up so I can't hear myself but I am quite sure it annoys everyone else...
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    OK, I do something real strange at the gym, and some have caught me doing it.
    I go in the aerobics room when it's slow and nobody else is in there.

I close the door and dim the lights:noway:

And I skip.
    You know? Like when we were kids - skipping.
    I do it for cardio, and I look like a total fool - somebody a few cards short of a full deck.

It's just so much fun and a great break in the routine. It really works the heart and lungs.

Sorry about this...:flowerforyou:
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I'm also the one in the ratty thrift-store workout clothes because I really couldn't give a rat's *kitten* what you think about how I look when I'm gettin' my sweat on.

Same here...and no makeup either. Who cares what you look like when you're getting your sweat on!

yes! thank you, its good to know there are other sensible women out there :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I can't go to the gym, I curse at the equipment, out loud...creatively. It's bad.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm the annoying one who is overwhelmed with endorphins after a great class/workout that I can't help but smile from ear to ear and chat up anyone who is foolish enough to make eye contact with me in those moments. Seriously, the rate of my speech and the euphoria I both feel and -:blushing: -express always bugs me out afterwards. (even though I kinda like it.)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I'm the annoying one that watches movies on her iPhone on the elliptical and laughs at the funny parts because I don't want to watch Desperate housewives on the big tvs.

I'm the annoying one who has a clicky knee and you can't figure out where that clicky noise is coming from....it's me.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    OK, I do something real strange at the gym, and some have caught me doing it.
    I go in the aerobics room when it's slow and nobody else is in there.

I close the door and dim the lights:noway:

And I skip.
    You know? Like when we were kids - skipping.
    I do it for cardio, and I look like a total fool - somebody a few cards short of a full deck.

It's just so much fun and a great break in the routine. It really works the heart and lungs.

Sorry about this...:flowerforyou:

This sounds like a lovely match for my dorky euphoria bursts. Too bad you don't go to my gym-- I'd love an excuse to skip!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    I'm the one who probably creeps out everyone else by staring at them while they work out... Sorry, I'm just trying to get ideas for new things to try!
  • RavenImp
    Options
    I dance as as I go from machine to machine while listing to my MP3 player. Sometimes I dance and mouth along the words to a bouncy song between sets heheh.. Oh yeah and I ware ratty stuff cause I don't care how I look there.. I am there to work out and sweat not to look cute ehehe :laugh:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    1. Who wears house shorts and last night's sleep tee to work out because I'm cheap. I work out at a firehouse gym and I'm in a lot better shape than half the crew at each shift, so I already look awesome in comparison. ;)

2. Who does the finger-tapping dance on the handlebars of the elliptical when one of my favorite songs comes on.

3. Who doesn't have any make-up on when it's a workout day. Thankfully, colleagues don't give a hairy rat's *kitten* in this regard.

4. Who farts without a care in the world. If you're gonna pass gas, pass it proudly.

:)
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm the chick that takes the corner treadmill so I can practice making faces into the wall mirrors. You may think I'm joking, but I'm not. Through 30 minutes of cardio, I listen to my mp3 player, look at the mirror, and practice making a variety of strange faces that would rouse the suspicions of the men in white coats, LOL!

OMG That's Just to funny:laugh:
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am super-dorky device girl. Because I am often on call, I carry a pager, a cell phone, and my iPod with earphones.

:drinker: :bigsmile:

TOTALLY me. Ugh, I disgust myself. -I even take my Ipad to watch TV shows on when doing cardio. I would totally mock me, but watching my own shows (rather then whatever is on the overheads with the close-captioning) keeps me sane.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I grunt and yell through my last reps when I'm doing heavy lifts. I know this bothers a lot of people, but it seriously helps me press through those last 3 squats.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    The one who is optimistic and loud. Always letting people know that they can do more than they think.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I am the person who mouths the words too.
  • ILNANA
    Options
    Oh my God!!! That is me all over, when I get into my exercise and a great tune comes on....... Cover your ears folks!!!